Could you do this with Viccissitude?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    Technically, the artist claims she's Nosferatu, but I think it works for a Tzimisce, too.
    If the character were blue, it'd work for a Daughter of Cacophony...

Comment

Originally posted by Theodrim View Post

If the character were blue, it'd work for a Daughter of Cacophony...
      Do you mean Kiasd?

Comment

Originally posted by Natsymir View Post
        This image jumped at me on pinterest, and I was like "my god, I have to have this for a Tzimisce archbishop..."

I realize some might think this is too much. But why, exactly? Is there any reason you couldn't do this with Viccissitude, if you were sufficiently deranged? What do you guys think?

The first reason I can think of for not doing it, it's because it's rather vulgar and bland... it sounds more like something a teenager "metalhead" would want to do than what an elder would lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
          The first reason I can think of for not doing it, it's because it's rather vulgar and bland... it sounds more like something a teenager "metalhead" would want to do than what an elder would lol...
          Much of the Sabbat seems to have the mentality of "teenager metalhead" so that's really a point in it's favour :P

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
            Much of the Sabbat seems to have the mentality of "teenager metalhead" so that's really a point in it's favour :P

Hahaha...I have to agree with you on this one! Good point.

Comment

Hahaha...I have to agree with you on this one! Good point.
              Double points for being Vulgar too!

It does emphasize the Sabbat's Trans-humanism or Trans-Vampirism core belief; if you're wanting to prove you're better than human, you probably want to look (not-human) as you're preaching that.
              I personally believe that the human form is pretty well optimized for the world we live in (Or more specifically, the world is optimized for our form) so changes from the standard humanoid is generally disadvantageous for the versatility of night to night life.

Comment

I personally believe that the human form is pretty well optimized for the world we live in (Or more specifically, the world is optimized for our form) so changes from the standard humanoid is generally disadvantageous for the versatility of night to night life.
                Yes, I agree with it as well. I never liked much the "fetish" some Tzimisce have about looking monstrous and bizarre, but at the same time I can understand that it fits very well with the ideas of the Path of Metamorphosis and end up looking like a kind of "mental illness" they have, specially in the eyes of other cainites that do not adhere to their weltanschauung, so to speak.
                It could be and indeed perhaps it is a kind of mental compulsion caused by the power of Viccissitude, like a sort of side-effect of being able to completelly control their physical form, what in turn leads us to the Tal'Mahe'Ra conspiracy theory that Vicissitude is in fact a disease of the soul.

In any case, I would most surely prefer to just look like a gorgeous humanoid being as it makes non-life (and I'd say life as well lol) much easier and simple for so many reasons. But then again I don't parcitularly share their weltanschauung.

Comment

Only because we've used our technology and medical research to artificially force the world into compliance. You send a human out into the natural wilderness with no tools, weapons or resources of any kind, and chances are they aren't going to survive for very long on their own.

In fact, I'd even say that such tools have crippled us as a species. If we're the latest stage in our evolutionary line, then why are humans the weakest species of ape?

Vampires, and indeed most other life forms who haven't been domesticated by human interference, don't have such frailties. Their inherent abilities give them all they need to thrive in their ecosystem.

(Path of the Feral Heart enthusiast)
                  Last edited by Nyrufa; 05-17-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Many of the elder and methuselah aged Tzimisce do exactly this. Triglav literally had 3 heads. Yorak would change form on a whim to be anything from a fly to some monstrosity one can only have nightmares from. Sascha Vykos barely looks human now.

Generally, if they aren't Old Clan, the tzimisce have reshaped themselves into something not completely human in order to transcend the physical vampire form.

Comment

Originally posted by Kael03 View Post

Many of the elder and methuselah aged Tzimisce do exactly this. Triglav literally had 3 heads. Yorak would change form on a whim to be anything from a fly to some monstrosity one can only have nightmares from. Sascha Vykos barely looks human now.

Generally, if they aren't Old Clan, the tzimisce have reshaped themselves into something not completely human in order to transcend the physical vampire form.

Looking at my V20 book, and I'm pretty sure the Tzimisce in that picture has a Size 5 waist line. What the fuck did she do with her organs?

Comment

Looking at my V20 book, and I'm pretty sure the Tzimisce in that picture has a Size 5 waist line. What the fuck did she do with her organs?
                        The first step on the Path of Metamorphosis is realizing that you don't really need internal organs—not when the alternative is being able to fit into size zero pants.

Comment

Do you mean Kiasd?
                          No...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2246g7AzbMc

Comment

Originally posted by Theodrim View Post

Lost count of how many times I've seen that movie, and I'm ashamed I only just realized the reference.

Comment

Only because we've used our technology and medical research to artificially force the world into compliance. You send a human out into the natural wilderness with no tools, weapons or resources of any kind, and chances are they aren't going to survive for very long on their own.
                              In fact, I'd even say that such tools have crippled us as a species. If we're the latest stage in our evolutionary line, then why are humans the weakest species of ape?
                              Vampires, and indeed most other life forms who haven't been domesticated by human interference, don't have such frailties. Their inherent abilities give them all they need to thrive in their ecosystem.
                              (Path of the Feral Heart enthusiast)
                              I agree that technology has forced the world in to compliance, because tools have made us the STRONGEST Primate because of our adaptability, Earth melding is great until there's only stone around, knowing how to make a sunproof shelter is better. Claws are awesome, but tools for range and pits to trap dangerous prey help even more.

Vicissitude can help you perform some tasks better, but usually by making more tasks harder or some tasks impossible (For Significant Changes; not that character sheets technically show that, so I suppose it's not a RAW interpretation)

Comment

I agree that technology has forced the world in to compliance, because tools have made us the STRONGEST Primate because of our adaptability, Earth melding is great until there's only stone around, knowing how to make a sunproof shelter is better. Claws are awesome, but tools for range and pits to trap dangerous prey help even more.

Vicissitude can help you perform some tasks better, but usually by making more tasks harder or some tasks impossible (For Significant Changes; not that character sheets technically show that, so I suppose it's not a RAW interpretation)

Mmm, the only places I can think of where stone would form the majority of the landscape would be the concrete cities (and even then, I'm sure there's a park somewhere), or some kind of mountain range. And the reason why we created tools, pits and traps, is because humans are too slow and clumsy to chase prey down on foot. That becomes significantly less of a problem, when you can transform into a wild predator, or travel 50 meters (164 feet) as a free action.

Whatever problems humans need technology to solve, the vampiric condition has an inherent ability to compensate for. It's nice to have access to the tools that human ingenuity can provide, but kindred don't need to rely on them. Humans, on the other hand, would be utterly powerless without such resources at their disposal.

Comment

Working...
                                X