No announcement yet.

Could you do this with Viccissitude?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you can stack disciplines up to 5 technically at character creation if the ST allows it. (In most editions, The newer Larp starts you with 2 in one and 1 in the other 2 by default before XP spend and no Freebies)

But you still can't do everything that the mortals can do with tools. Even with a 20 year "Training process" building up disciplines, I'd bet that 20 years of military and survivalist training for a mortal would win out!

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
      Yes, you can stack disciplines up to 5 technically at character creation if the ST allows it. (In most editions, The newer Larp starts you with 2 in one and 1 in the other 2 by default before XP spend and no Freebies)

But you still can't do everything that the mortals can do with tools. Even with a 20 year "Training process" building up disciplines, I'd bet that 20 years of military and survivalist training for a mortal would win out!

Pre-5th edition, perhaps. But from what I understand, a level 1 dot in Potence gives you the power to tear mortals apart with your bare hands. Add an extra dot to that, and you can soar through the air like the incredible hulk, or increase your unarmed damage modifier.

First dot of Celerity and you become fast enough to dodge bullets, take minor actions every round without penalty, or become a master acrobat.

In the older editions, such power was usually something that only higher level masters could accomplish. But now it seems like you get such abilities right out of the gate! A 20 year training montage would probably elevate you to the level of action movie villain!

Comment

Since most of the discussion of powers to compare to previous editions, I'll leave my comparison to the same; the difference between V5 and others is too stark, it's practically discussing two different games systems.
        If others have been discussing V5 and I assumed it wasn't, sorry. But my argument has been all pre-V5

Comment

Working...
        X