New V5 Setite Clan Symbol?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New V5 Setite Clan Symbol?

When the new V5 books were coming out I was curious if any of the Clan Symbols had been updated. I noticed they never showed the Setite Ministry one but when the recent update to the book happened I decided to take another look and now there's a symbol that wasn't there before. Is this the new Setite Clan Symbol? Can anyone confirm?

Note: For some reason I can't upload the image here so unfortunately people will have to look for themselves. It's on the second picture with the woman folding her arms in the Setite Ministry section.

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Just got an answer on the Discord channel and it seems it is the new Clan symbol.

Comment

Per the most recent Anarch book update, the official Ministry symbol is:

Comment

You're kidding, right?

Comment

I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but then as I looked at it I realized it was kind of a mix of two serpents intertwined making up an eye which reminds me of the eye of horus

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
            Per the most recent Anarch book update, the official Ministry symbol is:

As soon as I looked at that, I immediately thought of Xatu...

Comment

It's also based on the astronomical/astrological symbol for Typhon (the scattered disk object):

That symbol in turn comes from the old meterorological shorthand for "hurricane", since hurricanes were associated with Typhon.

Comment

What about the retro Set's head? Is that officially kiboshed?

Comment

I would presume so. I got the sense from the write-up they were trying to not be JUST Egyptian but to allow for diversity of interpretations of Set

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel44 View Post
                    You're kidding, right?
                    Nope, I'm not kidding. But as others have said, there are other interpretations for it. Plus, in V5, the Ministry has attempted to 'rebrand' away from the 'hey guys everyone knows we're corrupter cultists!' angle of how they were presented. Having a new symbol that is more subtly egyptian makes much more sense.

Comment

That's the Ministry symbol. Not necessarily the Church of Set's symbol.

Matthew Dawkins
                      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

It is also the same symbol as Armageddon rpgs Mark of Leviathan. So it isn’t that original as a symbol for Evil cult.

Armageddon found here:
                        https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...erm=Armageddon

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                          That's the Ministry symbol. Not necessarily the Church of Set's symbol.

I thought the Ministry was the Church of Set, just going by a different name, so people didn't immediately associate them with the God of Chaos, Disease and Storms?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangrel44 View Post
                            You're kidding, right?
                            I don't think there's a new clan symbol I really like, in comparison to the old ones. Maybe the gangrel one is a bit better, more savage, but it reminds me of Will-E-Coyotee on a bad hair day somehow.

Same goes for the VtM ankh and the sect symbols too. I just liked the old designs for those more, as they were more lean, more, I dunno, spiky, more "gothic" and in general had more details. These new clan and sect symbols are mostly the victims of attempts on "stremalining" (I'm really sick of that word sometimes) and "modernization" where it wasn't needed, really, in my oppinion and it just made them simpler and for me, more bland, more boring. Just to be clear, I didn't like the 2e VtR symbols over their 1e version either, for the same reason.

Aside from that, I didn't even get the reason behind changing these things, that were the same for 25 years and got to be iconic and brandished on every book, merchandise, tattoos even. Okay, to be honest, I think I get the thought behind it, I just disagree with the decision.
                            Last edited by PMárk; 05-23-2019, 01:23 PM.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

I thought the Ministry was the Church of Set, just going by a different name, so people didn't immediately associate them with the God of Chaos, Disease and Storms?
                              No, the Ministry is the rebranded Setite Clan. The Church of Set is related, but is not the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X