Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V20] Do discipline activation take an action?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natsymir
    started a topic [V20] Do discipline activation take an action?

[V20] Do discipline activation take an action?

In combat in V20, would you say that trying to activate a discipline power that's not in itself an attack would still costs you your attack action? Let's say a vampire spends three blood points to assume animal form in one round with Protean 4; can he -also- attack an enemy, at the same time? If a Lasombra activates Arms of the Abyss (Obtenebration lvl 2), can she also attack in that same round?

• PazuzuAxelf
    replied
    Everything your character does besides speaking is considered an action. Reflexive actions take no time at all and include things like spending blood to increase an attribute, and soaking damage. The rules for disciplines say that they don't cost blood or willpower unless otherwise noted in the description. I'd say that due to these statements that discipline activation will be obvious when it is an action. Spending vitae on Potence to get automatic successes on damage will be a reflexive action, as would activating Auspex 1 Heightened Senses. Dominate 2 Mesmerize will definitely be a regular action however.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied
    Originally posted by Natsymir View Post
    In combat in V20, would you say that trying to activate a discipline power that's not in itself an attack would still costs you your attack action? Let's say a vampire spends three blood points to assume animal form in one round with Protean 4; can he -also- attack an enemy, at the same time? If a Lasombra activates Arms of the Abyss (Obtenebration lvl 2), can she also attack in that same round?
    I don't have the book right now, but I think blood expenditure is reflexive, so no, it doesn1t take action, unless stated otherwise in the discipline writeup. I might be wrong, though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X