Inconnu language ritual?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconnu language ritual?

I recall there being a blood magic ritual that the Inconnu used to teach their members some mystical language but it's not on any of the common wiki lists.

Does anyone know it's name and source?

Originally posted by Sagacious Gamer View Post
    I recall there being a blood magic ritual that the Inconnu used to teach their members some mystical language but it's not on any of the common wiki lists.

Does anyone know it's name and source?
    Kashaph, on p.100 of Rites of the Blood. It's not a ritual, per se, but a Merit that is fluffed as being the result of the ritual mentioned wherein "the language of kashaph is inscribed upon their soul", which is left mostly vague and without actual mechanics. As is, it's a matter of ST fiat.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
    - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
    (She/Her)

Comment

Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post

Kashaph, on p.100 of Rites of the Blood. It's not a ritual, per se, but a Merit that is fluffed as being the result of the ritual mentioned wherein "the language of kashaph is inscribed upon their soul", which is left mostly vague and without actual mechanics. As is, it's a matter of ST fiat.
      And thus why I couldn't find it, didn't even think about looking at merits. Thanks.

Comment

Honestly, have toyed with doing pretty much the same just using Animalism 1 - if you can understand & be understood by all beasts, two vampires making use of "Daniel's Tongue" should be able to cross any language barriers too. And look quite esoterical/primal/weird in doing so to those without the power.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Honestly, have toyed with doing pretty much the same just using Animalism 1 - if you can understand & be understood by all beasts, two vampires making use of "Daniel's Tongue" should be able to cross any language barriers too. And look quite esoterical/primal/weird in doing so to those without the power.
          Fun fact: I've already done exactly that. In my games, it's a (not insignificant) part of why the Tzimisce, Nosferatu and Gangrel have a close relationship in the Dark Ages setting, above and beyond their shared hatred for the Tremere. Having an ancestral "Langua Franca" in Animalism helped to inform their relationship with each other. I've also, by extension, used it as a way for the Byzantine/Eastern European Tzimisce and Nosferatu to slightly mirror the Lord/Vizier relationship between the Latin/Western Ventrue and Malkavians.

It can be an interesting jumping off point for stories, too.

Fun example story hook: A socially inclined, multilingual, vampire suddenly needing their Gangrel acquaintance to help translate for a bestial ancient that just rose up to find the human languages they knew are now discarded relics.
          Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 06-05-2019, 10:49 PM.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
          - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
          (She/Her)

Comment

Fun fact: I've already done exactly that. In my games, it's a (not insignificant) part of why the Tzimisce, Nosferatu and Gangrel have a close relationship in the Dark Ages setting, above and beyond their shared hatred for the Tremere. Having an ancestral "Langua Franca" in Animalism helped to inform their relationship with each other. I've also, by extension, used it as a way for the Byzantine/Eastern European Tzimisce and Nosferatu to slightly mirror the Lord/Vizier relationship between the Latin/Western Ventrue and Malkavians.

It can be an interesting jumping off point for stories, too.

Fun example story hook: A socially inclined, multilingual, vampire suddenly needing their Gangrel acquaintance to help translate for a bestial ancient that just rose up to find the human languages they knew are now discarded relics.

Good to know i'm far from the only toynig with that kind of weird alternative uses of disciplines and other stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X