X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post
    New novels would be the best. I think if they can entice some established writers who have produced good work in the past it would be even more exciting. I like the idea of novels set in places where we are already familiar through game books like Chicago by night, but new places and characters would be very welcome as well. I actually think the old signature characters like Beckett Victoria and the like are kind of played out unless someone was really inspired.
    Obviously, it's paradox's decision but I said I totally would write a novel trilogy for it set in Chicago and strongly hinted I had some ideas.

David apparently would love to do another set of Clan Novels for 5th Edition with different authors for each.

Hopefully we'll get lots of new titles if the game goes well. Does anyone know if the Vol 5 books are actually selling well? I don't frequent gaming stores much anymore or book stores for that matter.
    As I understand it, the tabletop roleplaying games are no longer actually the primary source of V:TM income as the goal has always been to make it into a video game franchise with Bloodlines 2 what they've been planning from the beginning. They have mobile games and spin off games planned as well so the situation is akin to Marvel comics.

The movies are what's important now instead of the comics.

I understand Jacon Carl's LA by Night has been a bit of a game changer for the tabletop RPG, though.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 05-29-2019, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vamps Like Us
    replied
    New novels would be the best. I think if they can entice some established writers who have produced good work in the past it would be even more exciting. I like the idea of novels set in places where we are already familiar through game books like Chicago by night, but new places and characters would be very welcome as well. I actually think the old signature characters like Beckett Victoria and the like are kind of played out unless someone was really inspired.

Hopefully we'll get lots of new titles if the game goes well. Does anyone know if the Vol 5 books are actually selling well? I don't frequent gaming stores much anymore or book stores for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Vamps Like Us View Post
    I'm getting older so I like bigger print but I think I'll stick to the Kindle unless they rerelease the Red Death and Victorian Age trilogies. Thanks for the photos though. What's this about new Chicago fiction? Do you have any links?
    It's something they talked about over on RPG.net.

Apparently, the good people at Onyx Path (who have their own often-overlooked books) have plans for a CBN anthology.

As for the re-release of the Red Death and Victorian Age trilogies, I understand the plan is this (because I know David Niall Wilson personally and he owns Crossroad Press)

1. Release the Clan Novels (Done)
    2. Release the Grail Covenant Trilogy (Done)
    3. Release the Dark Ages Clan Novels (Ongoing)
    4. See if they sell
    5. If 4 is correct then they will eventually re-release all of White Wolf's previous catalog
    6. New Novels (?)

Leave a comment:

• Vamps Like Us
    replied
    I'm getting older so I like bigger print but I think I'll stick to the Kindle unless they rerelease the Red Death and Victorian Age trilogies. Thanks for the photos though. What's this about new Chicago fiction? Do you have any links?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X