Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alchemy Formulas: Ideas and Suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alchemy Formulas: Ideas and Suggestions?

As you can probably guess, this is a thread for us to post ideas for Thin Blood Alchemy formulas!

Facsimile of the Soul (5 dots): For those Thin Bloods who are desperate, or crazy enough to commit to becoming full vampires, but are either too weak, or morally conflicted to resort to diablerie, there is a safer alternative. With this formula, the user can thicken their vitae and permanently transform themselves into a full vampire, without having to consume the soul of another to do so. Unlike normal diablerie, however, this formula does not affect the consumer's generation, which often results in a weakened member of the vampire's new clan.

(Note: Unconfirmed rumors claim that this formula allowed for the creation of Thin Bloods from generation 16 and higher to come into existence.)

Ingredients:
    A sample of vitae from a vampire of the clan you wish to join.
    Additional ingredients with a symbolic connection to the three disciplines belonging to the vampire's clan.

Effects: Upon being consumed, the Thin Blood is instantly and permanently transformed into a full vampire of whichever clan who's vitae was used for the key ingredient. Upon consuming this formula, the former Thin Blood's BP increases to 1, though their Generation remains the same as it was. Their BP can also not be increased further, without resorting to full diablerie and reducing their generation to a suitable level. Certain forms of Blood Sorcery may also be able to artificially increase one's BP, though they may be harder to come by.
    Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-06-2019, 11:28 AM.

Interesting Idea, not sure If I would have it you can embrace yourself into a clan of your choice though. But It is an interesting idea. I'd have them all be Caitiff or create their own Bloodline, which sucks for them since they are the only member and really weak. But the benefit of that is if multiple thinbloods are involved they can all join the same new bloodline. This could allow them to customize their bloodline too.

Either way maybe have them require a dot in each of the Disciplines they will favor already known to them.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      Interesting Idea, not sure If I would have it you can embrace yourself into a clan of your choice though. But It is an interesting idea. I'd have them all be Caitiff or create their own Bloodline, which sucks for them since they are the only member and really weak. But the benefit of that is if multiple thinbloods are involved they can all join the same new bloodline. This could allow them to customize their bloodline too.

Either way maybe have them require a dot in each of the Disciplines they will favor already known to them.

Well, Thin Bloods already have the ability to "choose" their clan in 5th edition. If you diablerize yourself down to 13th generation or lower, you become a full member of whatever clan you ate. This formula simply provides a safer way to go about doing that. Since diablerie carries a lot of dangerous risks, and it's not every night that somebody earns themselves a Blood Hunt, where the Camarilla is willing to look the other way on such behavior.

And since Thin Bloods can borrow disciplines by feeding on certain blood resonances, I incorporated that idea into the formula. They'd need 3 different resonances, one for each discipline of the clan.

Comment

I did not know that! I still haven't read my copy yet, only skimmed. Damn I can see why they did that, just pandering to fans, but I don't like the idea it goes against a lot of the spirit of the game. But if its already a thing then sure go for it. But my suggestion still stands it may be a cool method to create your own clan. The Weakness would be in the Storytellers hand but it could relate to the intent and spirit of the Alchemists work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          I did not know that! I still haven't read my copy yet, only skimmed. Damn I can see why they did that, just pandering to fans, but I don't like the idea it goes against a lot of the spirit of the game. But if its already a thing then sure go for it. But my suggestion still stands it may be a cool method to create your own clan. The Weakness would be in the Storytellers hand but it could relate to the intent and spirit of the Alchemists work.

Yeah, being able to diablerize yourself into a clan would have made more sense if it was exclusive to Caitiffs, since it mentions absorbing the clan's curse, in addition to its power. Prior to 5th edition, I always assumed that Thin Bloods were still members of whatever clan sired them, just with extremely diluted features.

Comment

Yeah they were, in older Editions Thinbloods were often Caitiff, but not always. So several just seemed like Clan lite.

Comment

Recipe for Brujah:

1 - A vial of blood from a member of clan Brujah

2 - 1 teaspoon of protein powder (for Potence)

3 - 1 bar of valentines chocolate (for Presence)

4 - 1 teaspoon of crystal meth (for Celerity)

Comment

How can the mechanics represent the change in your mind?
                Without a change in Blood Potency, you can't stop being Thin-blood (officially)

So do you give the Thin-Blood new merits and Flaws (Vampiric resilience, Bestial Temper, Clan curse and Discipline affinity/affinities)
                Do they gain a blood potency with whatever changes that would entail?

Do you re make them with the rules for the clan, including a blood potency, not having access to Alchemy so the only rule breaking is that you are a Vampire with a slightly higher Generation number than the rules should allow?

I'd suggest possibly keeping Thin-Blood Alchemy as a replacement for one of the three disciplines, as anyone who wanted to play a Thinblood with Alchemy probably wants to continue with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                  How can the mechanics represent the change in your mind?
                  Without a change in Blood Potency, you can't stop being Thin-blood (officially)
                  I said that your Generation remains the same, it doesn't affect your Blood Potency. Unless Thin Bloods are restricted to a certain threshold that I haven't checked into, yet?

Anyways, prior to 5th edition, 16th generation was impossible, because those of 15th were too weak to properly sire. I thought that using this formula to create 14th and 15th generations who were full blooded would have been a proper way to explain how this is now possible.

Comment

Nice formula. I would add “that even though their generation does not allow them to have a BP of greater than 0, this ritual gives the vampire a BP of 1 that they can only be raised through diablrizing to a lower generation or by supernatural means.” The supernatural means is for those thin bloods that become Tremere.

I think this is a cool alternative to the diablrie route as it can create interesting story as the thin blood still sneaks his way into the clan and should keep his treachery secret but at the same time does not gain the diablerie veins.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
                      Nice formula. I would add “that even though their generation does not allow them to have a BP of greater than 0, this ritual gives the vampire a BP of 1 that they can only be raised through diablrizing to a lower generation or by supernatural means.” The supernatural means is for those thin bloods that become Tremere.

I think this is a cool alternative to the diablrie route as it can create interesting story as the thin blood still sneaks his way into the clan and should keep his treachery secret but at the same time does not gain the diablerie veins.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go ahead and edit it in.

Comment

(V20 does include the 16th generation in BJD; they can't raise disciplines above 2, can only spend 4/10 blood points on them, have permanent Blush, and can soak sunlight damage with Stamina.)

Comment

Originally posted by Draconis View Post
                          (V20 does include the 16th generation in BJD; they can't raise disciplines above 2, can only spend 4/10 blood points on them, have permanent Blush, and can soak sunlight damage with Stamina.)

Ah, that contradicts the core book, then. I believe it stated that a 14th gen can only sire on a 1 in 5 chance, while 15th were too weak to do it at all. It also had 15th generation as the highest available generation for your character.

Comment

Yep, BJD says it's something new, and when a sixteenth-gen was created in Santa Monica—with a crescent-shaped birthmark no less—it caused an uproar. Something something Gehenna something Final Nights something lots of panic.

Comment

Working...
                            X