V5: Thin Blooded and Rotschreck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5: Thin Blooded and Rotschreck

I dont know if I read correctly, but in the V5 corebook, it says Thin Blooded cannot go into frenzy unless provoked by supernatural means. Does it mean they dont suffer from rotschreck either?

It does indeed, to my reading. "Frenzy" with no further specification covers hunger, rage, and fear.

In addition, thinbloods take damage the way mortals do: fire isn't any more dangerous that a knife (since both will do agg). So thematically it makes sense that fire wouldn't send them running in terror any more than a knife would. (Or anyone with Potence 1, for that matter…)

Comment

Would a Thin Blood with the Bestial Temper Flaw and Day Drinker Advantage be immune to rotschreck from sunlight, then?

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
      Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Comment

The book doesn't specify, but I would assume yes, they would be immune. Sunlight terrifies the Beast because it destroys vampires. If you're immune to sunlight damage, your Beast will know (or very quickly learn) that there's no reason to be afraid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Draconis View Post
          The book doesn't specify, but I would assume yes, they would be immune. Sunlight terrifies the Beast because it destroys vampires. If you're immune to sunlight damage, your Beast will know (or very quickly learn) that there's no reason to be afraid of it.
          That's debateable. Even vampires with stupidly high amounts of Fortitude still roll the same checks against Rötschreck and in previous editions, even flames that were obviously no threat to the vampire still had the potential for fire frezy. The Beast is not a rational creature.
          That said, I would suggest dropping the roll and instead just play out the constant terror of the Beast, even though it's not enough for an actual check. The Thin-Blood in sunlight will definitely be on edge, unable to let their guard down, but they won't freak out beyond what humans do in stressful situations.
          Last edited by Cifer; 09-27-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X