V5 idea for Protean as a Sorcery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 idea for Protean as a Sorcery

I was looking at some of the Clans that have Protean and realized they all had some sort of sorcery in the books at varying points. Gangrel had Rune Magic in Dark Ages, Setites have Setite Sorcery, Tzimisce have Koldunic Sorcery. Then you have groups like the Ahrimane that had things like Spiritus. It seemed to me an easy solution would be to just convert Protean to a Sorcery making it so it covered the animistic magic which would work well with most of those. The only one that seems like it wouldn't work are the Setites. I'm in no way married to this idea but I was kicking it around and I was curious what other people thought.

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Seems reasonable. Just add rituals alongside the main progression. Thinbloods already have one "ritual" that fits in with Protean's transformation themes which could easily be a lost ritual. Similarly, the Ministry's heart-removing thing could be a ritual application of Protean 5 (applying it to others' hearts instead of your own).

Comment

Oh good call, I didn't even consider the transference of the heart power having a comparable ritual. It's kind of funny because I just remembered years and years back would go on about how he thought Serpentis should have been a Sorcery based around faith

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

Working...
      X