X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathew Dawkins interview about the future of 5E

I just saw this on his webpage.

http://www.geek-pride.co.uk/tabletop...z0HHBHTogiqKaU

Lots of interesting insights into what's coming out.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Stunned to see the Ravnos come back, and very nervous about how they’ll be done.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      Stunned to see the Ravnos come back, and very nervous about how they’ll be done.

Given what we've seen so far from V5, I have high hopes for their version of the Ravnos. Especially if OPP handles them. (No offense to Modiphius, but I've been following OPP for a long while now and a lot of what they do impresses me.)

Comment

Originally posted by Draconis View Post

Given what we've seen so far from V5, I have high hopes for their version of the Ravnos. Especially if OPP handles them. (No offense to Modiphius, but I've been following OPP for a long while now and a lot of what they do impresses me.)
        My never in a million years hope is that they keep the DAV20 weakness and hire a Romani author to actually tackle that part of their story.

Comment

My hope is they go with Revised Edition and don't limit Ravnos just one ethnicity...

Indian Jati Ravnos were more interesting than the Rroma depiction, and Ravnos existed for over 10k years before the Romani were even a thing. They should just be one aspect of the Ravnos, and not even a majority for the Ravnos. After all they stopped portraying it like the Gangrel are all Rroma. The Silent Striders stepped away from that mindset too, and they are a smaller population.

But then again I preferred they keep the Week of Nightmares so Ravnos are now a bloodline, but it could be cool if they are a bloodline on the rise trying to be a clan Again. It would be the perfect time for a single methuselah to color whole clan's culture and tradition in their image.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

My never in a million years hope is that they keep the DAV20 weakness and hire a Romani author to actually tackle that part of their story.
            Are they Romani?

Revised remade them into Raksasha and the Indian mythology clan.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Are they Romani?

Revised remade them into Raksasha and the Indian mythology clan.
              One of my frustrations is that they said “what if we completely changed the premise of the clan instead of just hiring someone who could actually write respectful Romani content?”

Comment

Maybe because it was a shallow premise. And Revised was a Solid take on Ravnos and Followers of Set.

Comment

I am glad we're getting a Second Inquisition book and THE FALL OF LONDON.

Both sound awesome.

Do you think we'll get a Kickstarter for Blood Cults?

One of my frustrations is that they said “what if we completely changed the premise of the clan instead of just hiring someone who could actually write respectful Romani content?”
                  Well, while true...

Illusionist demons that tempt mortals is actually the premise of the Ravnos and fits into Indian Mythology. Romani being a culture from that.

And besides, the Romani already were linked with another Clan.

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                  Maybe because it was a shallow premise. And Revised was a Solid take on Ravnos and Followers of Set.
                  It's the take they did with the Banu Haqim.

The Assamites as they were are now just a tiny group of crazy blood cultist terrorists in the larger Banu Haqim.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                    I just think a marginalized culture that this game has consistently treated terrible deserves a chance to be done right, rather than being retconned out of existence because they couldn’t stop being racist.

Comment

I just think a marginalized culture that this game has consistently treated terrible deserves a chance to be done right, rather than being retconned out of existence because they couldn’t stop being racist.
                      Well some are still around. They just became part of the larger clan.

Comment

But you do that by not restricting them to a one clan, while simultaneously having a whole worldwide clan revolve around an identity that only existed like a percent of their history. Its why Children of Gaia are weird for being 60's style hippies even though they existed since the time of Wooly Mammoths...

Say you did a clan based on Sherpas, how are you going to incorporate them in a Dark Age Game way from the Himalayas?

And if we removed the Ravnos' Indian history how is that not bad to just erase a subcontinent's worth of Attention and History that has been seriously lacking in the World of Darkness.

We don't need three Romani Clans/Tribes... As I mentioned they shouldn't be restricted to a specific Splat, they should just be a type of subculture of a wider assortment of groups.

Comment

They aren't being retconned out of existence, however. There'll still be gypsies in the World of Darkness, it's just that they won't be associated with any one clan anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by HardestadtTheEvenYounger View Post

They aren't being retconned out of existence, however. There'll still be gypsies in the World of Darkness, it's just that they won't be associated with any one clan anymore.
                            The game learned to stop using that slur, can you do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                              I am glad we're getting a Second Inquisition book and THE FALL OF LONDON.

Both sound awesome.

Do you think we'll get a Kickstarter for Blood Cults?

Well, while true...

Illusionist demons that tempt mortals is actually the premise of the Ravnos and fits into Indian Mythology. Romani being a culture from that.

And besides, the Romani already were linked with another Clan.

It's the take they did with the Banu Haqim.

The Assamites as they were are now just a tiny group of crazy blood cultist terrorists in the larger Banu Haqim.
                              I would be surprised if Cults of the Blood Gods doesn't get a Kickstarter.

Matthew Dawkins
                              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Working...
                              X