Salubri and Diablerie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salubri and Diablerie

According to what I remind about the Salubri clan, the Sires have the tradition to immolate themselves to their own Infants. I'm wondering if it's just a tradition or if the clan is somehow forced to pratice diablerie, and what if a Salubri refuses to kill his own Sire?

It's a tradition for the Seven, the non-Sabbat group that seeks golcanda.

Comment

They go more into it in that Bloodlines supplement that spun off of Lore of the Clans. Its more sinister then they make out to be. But yeah its a mini club house referred to as the seven.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

So being a Salubri implies to be some sort of an élite character more ancient than the average ones and more powerful due to the diablerie?
        I think hardly a master may allow a Salubri vampire into his chronicle!
        Last edited by Ipergigio; 06-11-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipergigio View Post
          So being a Salubri implies to be some sort of an élite character more ancient than the average ones and more powerful due to the diablerie?
          No. As Kael mentioned, there are only seven Salubri who practice this. The other ones - Sabbat Salubri antritribu and the few remaining unaffiliated ones - do not. They can be as weak or as powerful as any other vampire, though I believe the Sabbat faction has a certain maximum Generation due to being a relatively recent development all stemming from one specific elder vampire.
          That said, Salubri is a special snowflake clan on the brink of extinction with powerful enemies and few allies, so many storytellers that don't want to focus on that will likely not allow Salubri player characters either way.

Comment

I like the V20 Obeah, I always enjoy to play as healer in fantasy roleplay games. Even the few unaffiliated Salubri can learn Obeah?

Comment

Yes, they can. However, do not assume that "healer" is a full-time role in this game - every character can heal their own wounds simply by spending a little blood.

Comment

Well it's not hard to believe when all your party companions have a virtually immortal body!

But the third eye on your forehead must be a problem if you want to keep a low profile. I don't have the official books, but some unofficial sources say that when your eye is not in use, it is closed and look like a scar. Can you confirm that?

Comment

Yes and no. The Seven is an exclusive club, and is generally pretty powerful due to the ritual practice of diablerie. But as they are on the path of Golconda, they tend to eschew violent encounters for fear of falling from the path if the beast were to come out.

There are unaffiliated groups that just try to survive. There is also the Furies, an offshoot of the original Warrior line that joined the Sabbat to seek revenge on the Tremere and don't exactly follow the Codex of Samiel.

Comment

Well it's not hard to believe when all your party companions have a virtually immortal body!

But the third eye on your forehead must be a problem if you want to keep a low profile. I don't have the official books, but some unofficial sources say that when your eye is not in use, it is closed and look like a scar. Can you confirm that?
                    The eye can be a problem hence wearing loose hoodies with big hoods is recommended. The eye is open and visible whenever a Salubri uses Valeren/Obeah (V20 and VtDA20) and Auspex (V20 Lore of the Bloodlines). The eye starts manifesting at 2nd level of Valeren/Obeah and is fully formed at Third level (V20 and VtDA20) except that for Salubri it fully manifests at first level (VtDA20). Though according to V20 Lore of the Bloodlines the eye originally manifests as a bleeding open wound untill the eye forms fully within a 100 years, personally I would ignore V20LotB in this regard. Both VtDA20 and V20LotB agree that to hide the eye for a scene the Salubri must roll stamina+stealth at diff 5, but any use of the aforementioned disciplines causes the eye to immediately open.

For those following Humanity the eye is human and for those following inhuman Paths the eye is suitably monstrous/demonic (V20 LotB) while according to VtDA20 those with high Road ratings have human or angelic Third Eyes while those with low Road ratings or on inhuman/monstrous Roads manifest monstrous/demonic Third Eyes.

Covering the eye with cloth Etc irritates the eye and is painful causing one to suffer a die penalty on all actions.

Comment

Working...
                    X