Question on Vozhd V20 Modern rule version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Vozhd V20 Modern rule version

The stats given and the modified stats (Ghouls and Revenants page180) completely do not add up and I am curious what I am missing. For example it is listed as having dexterity 2 and brawl of 2 yet it attack pool is listed at being 8 dice? Where are the rest coming from? There is nothing else like celerity adding so how are they possibly getting 8 when 2+2 equals 4?

Also it says they have stamina of 6, fortitude of 4 and 5 dice of armor yet it total soak dice is listed as being 28? Wtf can the writer not add? 6+4+5 does not equal 28 So is the person who wrote these stats just messing with my head or are they gaining a bunch of phantom dice for everything without bothering to list where it is derived from? I don't get it, anyone care to explain?

*Edit* I misread the attack pool part, that was listing the damage pool which I mistook for the attack pool so that is correct, my bad. Question stands on the soak though, that I double checked and they have it written as I originally stated. WoD Math 6+4+5=28?
    Last edited by Necroscope0; 06-17-2019, 01:36 AM.

Don't forget they confused Vozhd for only needing like 4 humans instead of like 20+!

There is a lot crunch errors in V20, a lot! And a lot of them were fixed in Revised or pointed out at least... So editing and quality control I think missed a lot, like the whole mess with the Path of Father's Vengeance yeeesh...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
      Don't forget they confused Vozhd for only needing like 4 humans instead of like 20+!
      I don't think that's "confused". You can absolutely create a Vozhd from four people - why wouldn't you be able to do that? The result might not be quite as insanely powerful compared to the 20+ version, but on the other hand side, it might actually have useful abilities like entering a building without crashing through floors.

Necroscope0
      My version of Ghouls & Revenants (PDF, downloaded in September 2018) lists the same stats, but gives the soak dice at 19 - still not the mathematically correct 15. It seems possible that the remainderconsists of alterations by Vicissitude - take a look at the levels 2 and 3 of the discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
        I don't think that's "confused". You can absolutely create a Vozhd from four people - why wouldn't you be able to do that? The result might not be quite as insanely powerful compared to the 20+ version, but on the other hand side, it might actually have useful abilities like entering a building without crashing through floors.

Necroscope0
        My version of Ghouls & Revenants (PDF, downloaded in September 2018) lists the same stats, but gives the soak dice at 19 - still not the mathematically correct 15. It seems possible that the remainderconsists of alterations by Vicissitude - take a look at the levels 2 and 3 of the discipline.
        Because all previous editions Vozhd isn’t just short for multighoul creature, it’s a specific thing, and you need a minimum amount of ingredients. It wouldn’t take a year to work on if you just slapped four farmhands together. Look at Lair of the Hidden, Sclav needed extra material from cattle just to finish.

Comment

I feel like I must be missing something. You are correct, nearly six entries for the Vozhd statistic block read the same over first edition, revised, dark ages, and V20. And they almost all read (2 Dexterity, 2 Brawl' but also '8 attack dice' and 'the Vozhd gets ten dice to split in multiple attacks, but no single attack can exceed their Dexterity + Brawl maximum'. I feel like I must be missing something. That or the error was just copied multiple times over the years.

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
          You can absolutely create a Vozhd from four people - why wouldn't you be able to do that?
          Multiple sources have noted that it requires at least fifteen people to make a Vozhd. This is only really conflicted by the repeated statistic block that says four.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

There is a lot crunch errors in V20, a lot! And a lot of them were fixed in Revised or pointed out at least... So editing and quality control I think missed a lot, like the whole mess with the Path of Father's Vengeance yeeesh...
            I know this is slightly off topic, but what was the problem with Father's Vengeance?

Lost Tribes Gaming:
            Cyberpunk 2020 Phoenix:1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month 6pm to 9pm AZ time (-7GMT)
            http://www.twitch.tv/losttribesgaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sycophant View Post

I know this is slightly off topic, but what was the problem with Father's Vengeance?
              Its far to over powered. I guess you can shrug it off with Thaumaturgical Countermagic but Jesus as put you can walk up to Mithras and make it so he can only eat Ash. It works better as Rituals, or to have the powers at least resisted.

Comment

Working...
              X