X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorable or Funny moments at your game

Let's share.

====

Alex the Ventrue: "Vampires comes in archetypes: Brujah are Lost Boys, Gangrel are Near Dark, Ventrue are Dracula, Malkavians are Druscilla, Toreador are Anne Rice, Tremere are Slytherin, Nosferatu are self-explanatory, and Tzmisce are run screaming as fast as you can. I haven't met enough of the others to comment."

Ashley the Neonate: "What about Twilight?"

Alex: "A perfectly valid movie until he lures her in the woods. After that, he eats her rather than lets her go."

Ashley: "I'd figure you'd dislike that movie."

Alice the Malkavian: "Why? It gets the prey to lower their guard and has so many wrong details it helps the hunters stay camouflaged."

Alex: "Mind you, some Thin Bloods sparkle instead of explode in sunlight. Part of why everyone hates them.".

Alice: "Save as non-bonding snacks. I should get a couple."

====

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

A surprisingly valid statement:

"The older a vampire, the more powerful a vampire is, but they are also lower humanity and that means that they're almost all complete corpses during the day. Barring Methuselahs who can control nations via telepathy while comatose, most Elders can be easily destroyed by a human being tossing them in the sun as they won't react to having smiley faces drawn on their corpse."

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Most outlandish was a player of mine playing an 7th Gen gangrel, transforming into an owl to fly straight into a dragon throat to diablerize him from inside..... You don't want to know how those circumstances came to pass.
      Let's just say he didn't figure until too late where the firebreath of the dragon was going to be collected before said firebreath was let loose... A beast he was, until cinders he became...

Comment

"LET'S CATCH IT!"

In my Tremere game, the PCs were facing down a mortal infernalist cult. In the climax, they had tracked the cult's headquarters and were making their way inside.

The cult leader had bound several lesser demons to herself, including Kurgamis, a literal animate shadow that could create illusions (the equivalent of Chimerstry 3).

Kurgamis was set as sentry, to stall the PCs as long as possible. But the clever Tremere, having encountered this demon before, marched through the illusions, spotted the shadow and shone a torch in it's face. I described how it recoiled from the light, and darted into a deeper shadow.

The PCs immediately dropped all sense of urgency as one of the players yelled out "Let's catch it!" and began chasing the shadow with his flashlight like a reverse cat-laser pointer. Everyone was on board, and the hunt was on.

They cornered the shadow in a corner, lights on all sides, and proceeded to hold an opaque jar under it. As it was the only dark place, the shadow demon slithered inside to avoid the painful light. They sealed the lid with wax from a ritual kit, and that was that.

Now the guy who instigated it goes around with a pissed off shadow in a jar like he's Jack Sparrow shaking a jar of dirt...

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

I'm not sure if Requiem counts but this is by far the most memorable (and funny) moment I've ever had in a game, so much that I can't stop quoting it:

Discarding all possibility for being subtle with his interaction, Matteo approached a group of chattering kindred enjoying refreshments, breaking up their conversation by throwing the most cliched line possible, "Enjoying your drinks?"

The knot of Kindred turned in almost perfect synchronicity, and the one at its heart stepped forward. Dressed in crushed velvet suit of forest green with a crisp purple tie and pocket square the androgynous vampire wore a domino mask, half white and smiling with feline lips and half black with an expression of distraught agony, a single glittering jewel set as a tear on the cheek.

"Well my sweets, the fop wants to know, are we enjoying our drinks?" The other Kindred tittered. "I'd say so...the rest of us aren't Perverts here, always suckling at the wrist of some other poor Kindred like some tick riding a leech. And a rather gauche leech at that, one who from what I hear from his own sire is always preening and primping before exhibitions no one ever shows up to..." The Nosferatu drew one of the black eggs from his pocket, "What a sorry excuse for a Serpent, just an overdressed garden snake." And with a flick of his wrist the egg flew at Matteo landing squarely on his chest, and burst, spattering him in red. The rest of the room had gone quiet and turned to look as the foremost Harpy of Venice had pronounced his social sentence, and with the splotch of red blooming over his clothes erupted in a mixture of gasps and laughter.

(That was my PC catastrophically failing a social roll, and I absolutely loved it)

Comment

There was a funny moment in my game where my PC got access to a Tremere chantry's library and the ST asked what I wanted to learn from it, assuming I would ask for a Thaumaturgy Path. I said, "I want everything they have on Noddism."

"What?"

"What? You think my character has the patience for this silly ritual stuff when he can learn superior Disciplines?"

I felt I was making a stand for people sick of Thaumaturgy lust everywhere.

Comment

In my current Los Angeles chronicle. One of the characters is an alleycat, who favors hunting abusers, murderers, rapists and the like. His character is now an ex-believed to be dead-detective; but at the time, still masqueraded as an actual police detective until it became too complicated to keep up the Mask. He needs to hunt, so we start to play out a hunting scene. He does some research to find a vessel, he finds an intriguing target, a woman who did prison time for neglect of her child that led to her child's death. He decides to hunt her. He travel's to her neighborhood (not his domain) spies on her, and sees her on the net, in some darkweb classifies; she's offering her blood to would be takers. He ends up breaking in, and attacks, but doesn't kill, manages not to Frenzy, she ends up unconscious after his feeding. He does some investigation, and figures out she's an addict- but not to drugs- she's an addict to the Kiss, and she's been selling herself on the dark web to anybody with a blood drinking fetish, and has routinely landed more than a few Kindred partners. He also discovers she had a dyscrasia. Her vitae rocks him. He began emotionally with a desire to feed on a "deserving evil-doer", to sympathy for her plight...to deciding to make her part of his herd, and coming into conflict with the other vampires attempting the same thing. The irony, hypocrisy and horror of it was felt all around the table. I gave him stains to his humanity, and I recall that he did not lose a point- and now is wrestling with his decision. We'll see how it plays out.
              Last edited by Ruthven; 07-18-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

“So, my ghoul has shown me this thing called Urotsuki Doji…”

- Elder Lasombra

btw, anything here is great https://elderdrunktexts.tumblr.com/

- Saga

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                  There was a funny moment in my game where my PC got access to a Tremere chantry's library and the ST asked what I wanted to learn from it, assuming I would ask for a Thaumaturgy Path. I said, "I want everything they have on Noddism."

"What?"

"What? You think my character has the patience for this silly ritual stuff when he can learn superior Disciplines?"

I felt I was making a stand for people sick of Thaumaturgy lust everywhere.
                  Moments in which you completely baffle the ST are priceless.

- Saga

Comment

I made this meme due to our last game when the Malkavian saved everyone with Dementation.

Comment

A recently sired Shovelhead had survived and was rescued by a Brujah. After getting a quick and clunky rundown of how things work in a Camarilla city, he was sent out on a mission to prove his loyalty to the sect — the new Prince and other elders of the city expressed doubts of his loyalty and some even speculated that he was a spy. Once he made it to his destination, he knew to look for a vampire or that they'd recognize him, either way, and he'd conduct his business.

Here sits this guy in the bar way off in the dark corner, silver eyes, wearing a flippin' cape and suit and with fangs just already popped out. The PC looked around and was nervous, but confused since he had been told about this whole "Masquerade thing". He walks over and says, "I guess, uh, I was supposed to meet with you?" He's a bit intimidated by this guy, assuming he must be a powerful elder. His supposed contact, this Dracula looking dude, motions to follow him into the restroom to talk in relative private. The PC is immediately confused when the guy drops the entire charade and starts talking in local modern slang, practically begging for the PC to "give him his fix". Erin, the PC, backs away and the Dracula dressed ghoul asks, "But you're one of them, right? You gonna let me have some?" Erin was flummoxed and a bit disturbed by all this, needless to say. The ghoul dropped to his knees and reached to grab Erin's hands, begging pathetically. In walks a bar patron to the sight of two men in, well, quite the awkward positioning. The gentleman smiles and politely excuses himself to the alley to do his business while he assumes they do theirs.

Shortly after, Erin found his actual contact who was light years better at hiding, mostly because he was a Nosferatu using Obfuscate. The real contact, nicknamed "Cell" had apparently seen what happened and was laughing his ass off at Erin's expense.

Comment

Hahaha, that is hilarious The Dreamweaver!

Comment

We were having a meeting with a Noddism obsessed Elder who was looking for the player's fragment of the Book of Nod that they'd acquired. The Tremere and the modern Cainite Heresy Malkavian were very much insistant on not giving it over--especially since the latter was often inspired to visions by it.

The Elder was about ready to get the thumbscrews when the PCs did their usual insanity.

Arthur, the Malkavian's, eyes rolled back. "In the ancient days before time flowed forward alone, the Elohim created vast portals to the farthest corners of Creation where they raised great cities and a hundred paradises on distant worlds. The greatest of these was the world of Revelation, Apokalips that the God of Machines and Mecha, Abaddon-cthonia, dwelled in its heart. When his god was bound to sleep with the others by the decree of the One before his shattering so did the greatest of his priest-kings agree to the Kiss of Abilsimard. The Dark One, Uxas, vowed he would learn the True Name of God and thus reunite the One so that he could gather all of the shards of him spread across Creation and enslave them. It would be the antihesis of life, this equation, and the Dark Side would be All. He is the God Minus One and Godfrey is his prophet."

The Nosferatu was awed by this, scribbled it all down, and let the PCs go.

The PCs who were all big comic nerds waited until they were done to have one go.

"Wait, did you just fake them out with Jack Kirby's Fourth World?"

"Darkseid is a Nosferatu Thaumaturge. Who knew."

"Next time do He-Man."

Comment

Working...
                          X