Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody know Gotzon's true intention?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know Gotzon's true intention?

I mean in Darkening Sky it's clearly stated that he was the one responsible for the Eclipse, but there not much else. It's not stated why he has done it etc. What makes it all the stranger is that Gotzon is a faithful of the Road of Heaven and has vowed never again to use his powers over shadows since his convertion to christianity. So, why has he suddenly decided to use the Cry that Slays Light. If I remember correctly, in the Ventrue Clan Novel (Dark Ages) Jürgen mentions it somewhere, but if I'm not mistaken (it's been quite some time since I last read the novel) it doesn't clarify much the issue. I've read somewhere in this forum that there was quite some material cut from the Darkening Sky and that in part of the material that was cut, they explained Gotzon's reasons etc. Does anybody know if or where could I find more information on the subject?

I always assumed that using the CTSL was the impetus for his conversion to Christianity, adoption of the Road of Heaven and the oath that he would never use Obtenebration again.

Comment

Originally posted by HardestadtTheEvenYounger View Post
      I always assumed that using the CTSL was the impetus for his conversion to Christianity, adoption of the Road of Heaven and the oath that he would never use Obtenebration again.

It's an interesting "assumption" of yours, but it's nonetheless an assumption as it's not stated that this was what made him convert to Christianity, as far as the character was developed it was understood that he had converted far earlier than at the time he cast the ritual. As I said, I've read somewhere that they planned on developing Gotzon's reasons for using the ritual, but in any case in the end it was left vague in Darkening Sky. I find it hard to understand why a christian cainite would deliberately cause a world wide eclipse, so I think we needed to know some of his reasons for doing so.

Comment

Only Matthew McFarland knows the answer to Gotzon's dilemma, the then developer of the Dark Ages line and creator of the character (IIRC). He does appear in Dark Ages novel Ventrue sharing the desire to embrace Jurgen along with Hardestadt and Jurgen chose the crown. He does know the Cry that Slays Night ritual, that is pretty clear everywhere and he is the sire of Prince Norbert von Xanten of Brunswick (embraced in 1134, he was a historical firgure),

- Saga

Comment

Working...
        X