Hunters Hunted II and the Second Inquisition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunters Hunted II and the Second Inquisition

I'm slowly working my way through the V20 books as a re-read and maintain it's probably the best written of the franchise. Yeah, I know, it's cheating on the Onyx Path boards but I really mean it. I am a huge V5 fanboy but V20 got me back into the world and I've yet to read a bad supplement or anything I didn't rank with the best of V:TM overall. However, one of my all time favorites period is probably Hunters Hunted II that was a supplement to one of my all-time favorite favorites.

I was thinking about ways to use the information in HH2 and the Second Inquisition.

Especially the information about the NSA, Second Inquisition, and SAD.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

And how you'd do it?

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Well, I've had time to think on it and it's interesting to note that HUNTERS HUNTED II and Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition have generally opposed views on the dangers of mortals. In HH2, the major government organizations are on the decline rather than rising. The Inquisition is getting a jump start but the NSA and SAD have suffered greatly. I think that you can run an interesting chronicle reconciling these two views, however.

Here's my ideas so far:

1. Vampires have been under the assumption that the government is safely corraled prior to the Second Inquisition with the major threats of the NSA and SAD having been dealt with. The new Inquisitor General is an Irony Lady but that's nothing vampires haven't been dealing with for centuries.

2. In truth, PROJECT: FIRSTLIGHT has actually already started up and begun a counter-intelligence operation against the Camarilla and Sabbat assets watching the "normal" hunters of the world. There's a disinformation campaign going on, one squarely aimed at Kindred.

3. The General of the NSA that was "disgraced" was actually done so that he could be moved to Firstlight. I'm inclined to believe Cynthia Forrest (who went missing), possibly working with the Technocracy's Remnant, conceived of the idea of a self-contained anti-vampire force inside the United States government.

4. The SAD was also gutted by First Light with its best agents taken into it while the main organization was left with only junior agents to appear like it was on its last legs. The real heavy hitters were taken into First Light so they could train a whole new crop of agents.

5. The Inquisition's resurgence wasn't as easy to hide because the Society of Leopold as traditionalists were a lot more resistant to compartmentalization.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Since those agencies have little problem working with religious fanatics and supernatural theurges, they may also be able to give more relevance (read: more resources) to the smaller groups HH2 mentions.

For instance, adding other religious groups (not in the same place/time, of course) you can make the 2I to have more influence in places where the Pope would have less sway. Like middle east (if you don't want to say that place it's now Hell and no human power can do anything about it)

Comment

Working...
      X