Hunger from Beyond - Shameless self promotion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger from Beyond - Shameless self promotion

On Monday, 07-08-2019, Hunger from Beyond goes live at the Storyteller's Vault. It is my first RPG book published there and for a World of Darkness game.
    -
    “I have seen the dark universe yawning
    Where the black planets roll without aim,
    Where they roll in their horror unheeded,
    Without knowledge, or lustre, or name.”
    -H. P. Lovecraft, Nemesis

This book provide tools for including elements of Lovecraftian horror in a Masquerade game. These elements may add the flavour of cosmic dread to games growing stale with too much familiarity. Player character only think they understand the World of Darkness...

Hunger from Beyond includes:
    • Three new creatures of cosmic horror,
    • Three NPCs to rope the coterie into Lovecraftian horror,
    • New locations touched by the beyond,
    • And alien blood magic!
    Last edited by Grumpy RPG Reviews; 07-04-2019, 02:36 PM.

sounds awesome!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, what/where is the Storytellers vault? And how do i get my sticky fingers on this book?

Comment

The Storyteller's Vault is the part of DriveTru where White Wolf / Onyz Path material is sold. It has a process where 3rd party materials can be published with permission.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          sounds awesome!
          Thank you - the process has been fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
            On Monday, 07-09-2019, Hunger from Beyond goes live at the Storyteller's Vault. It is my first RPG book published there and for a World of Darkness game.
            On Monday 07-08-2019, or Tuesday 07-09-2019?

Comment

Monday, the 8th, and the post has been corrected.

Comment

That's cool

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                  The Storyteller's Vault is the part of DriveTru where White Wolf / Onyz Path material is sold. It has a process where 3rd party materials can be published with permission.

See... I have been playing this game since 1999 and never knew that place existed. Would have made my life sooo much easier haha

Comment

Hunger from Beyond is Live at the Vault.

Comment

Bought it.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Aww man, I just realized I set the price wrong by several decimal places. Oh, well, I guess I have to honor the price now.

Joking aside, thank you for your support. And I welcome feedback on it.

Comment

Just bought and downloaded. I look forward to reading.

Comment

Just finished the book and really enjoyed it.

I loved all the ties to Chicago by Night and character ideas with Dusable as well as Annabelle being good choices.

The original NPCs are also great with the broomstick bit perfect for an Elder Tremere of House Goratrix.

You can easily put these things in the world without disrupting it too much.

Bravo.

Comment

Thank you kindly. If you will, could you post a review of it at the Vault?

Being able to insert the material without being too disruptive was the goal - I'm glad I hit that mark. In the first few drafts I included material from CbN V5, but I eventually pulled those out. Gregg is based on a character that appeared in the Dark Ages book, House of Tremere. The other two are entirely new. Chad was shaped by a joke thread on these forums. To my mind, Woodville is a [Londo Mollari] Mr. Mordin [/Londo Mollari] type of figure, going about and offering solutions to powerful men and women.

Comment

Working...
                              X