Ward versus Kindred and Burning Blade rules question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward versus Kindred and Burning Blade rules question

Hi guys, this is my first topic here so I'm not sure if this is the right section, don't mind me if I picked the wrong one, Anyways, the question is pretty simple, if I cast Ward versus Kindred on my sword and then enchant it with Burning blade, do the +3 lethal damage from ward versus kindred become aggravated?

I don't believe so.

Comment

Your Storyteller might say otherwise but I wouldn't allow Ward versus X to be applied to a sword or other melee weapon. IMO the sigil that is drawn to represent the ward is at least a foot in diameter. That might be a house rule but it decreases the amount of "power-gaming" at my table.

But if it was allowed it would be x amount of Agg for the Burning Blade plus 3 Lethal for the Ward.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

More importantly, the wards have one clear rule: They don't do anything if the object of the ward is forced against someone else, precisely to ensure they remain defensive in nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
          More importantly, the wards have one clear rule: They don't do anything if the object of the ward is forced against someone else, precisely to ensure they remain defensive in nature.
          You could put it on armour, or a shield, to stop the creature in question from wanting to approach you. But everyone of the target (species?) would notice you when nearby.

Also, while it isn't explicit in the rules, we tend to prevent stacking of rituals and charms on an item - even if ward vs Vampires could work (And if it can be inscribed, it would stop them picking up your sword, maybe even trying to disarm you - just not extra damage), it wouldn't be able to have two enchantments on the same weapon/item.

Comment

I'm not sure about other editions but if you're using V20, then the ritual "Ward vs. X" explicitly states that you can use it on weapons, even bullets, though with a caveat.

Page 234

"Wards may be placed on weapons, even bullets, though this usually works best on small-caliber weapons. Bullets often warp upon firing, however, and for a ward to remain intact on a fired round, the player needs five successes on the Firearms roll."

Obviously there are house rules as other's have described here, but as written Ward was intentionally meant to beef up weapons by the game designers. As for combining it with Burning Blade there is no rule. It's ST discretion at that point. I personally think it's a weak argument in favor of the combination, but that's just me. Though as my ST always says, "what's true for you is true for the bad guys too."

Comment

I was referring to V5 indeed.

Comment

Working...
              X