No announcement yet.

[WIR] Beckett's Jyhad Diary - The Big book of Metaplot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was Portia biting off Beckett's fingers.

Portia: What beautiful nails you have. Hard as steel and so, so
    sharp. They would rend flesh and bone. I just want to…bite them
    off. Mmm…
    [CRUNCH]
    Portia: One.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
      I thought it was Portia biting off Beckett's fingers.

Portia is Helena's Mask.

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

I know - perhaps I should have written Helena or Helena/Portia. In any case, I thought she was doing the biting.

Comment

Corrected, it was Helena biting off his fingers.

It's kind of fascinating to note Helena has been Portia for almost thirty years now. I've always wondered if some of her Mask may or may not have affected her. Just the idea that she enjoys being a "carefree party girl" on her downtime. Then again, that presumes that Portia actually HAS any downtime other than a paper thin mask for her Jyhad manipulations. Its very possible Helena just hangs around the Succubus Club doing her usual manipulations in a booth with telepathy or giving orders to people but never does much pretending to be someone else.

I'm going to enjoy WASHINGTON D.C.'s update next.

I have a huge affection for that book and really want to someday see it updated for V5 like I do LA by Night (though the webisodes more or less have done a decent job of doing that by themselves).

Maybe a Chronicle someday.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
          the Contact Us link.

Comment

@CTPhillips writes that parenthetical notes from “A” appear in the book. This is indeed confusing because both “A” (Aisling Sturbridge), and “A” (Anatole) contribute to the book. None of the characters contributing these comments are clearly identified, it is only possible to tell them apart by the handwriting, and to determine their identity from the nature of the comments.

Volo Bog: I’m terribly curious about this location. In Hunger from Beyond I suggested it is home to several sleeping shub-spawn (i.e dark spawn of Shub-Niggurath). That said, given its location, it cannot easily be brought into a game.

Inyanga: The term, or name, for traditional herbalist healers in the Nguni, Sotho-Tswana, and Tsonga societies of Southern Africa is inyanga. The character is interesting in that she is an elder black woman from Africa, powerful, independent, and apparently barely cares about the jyhad, or Camarilla or Sabbat. That she was reconned into being one of the Laibon works very well. After all, the Camarilla gangrel are just a bloodline of the Akunanse.

Critias: I have nattered about this character before. In BJD he is still controlled by his sire Menele, and is still apparently benign and relatively kind for an ancient vampire. At this point, he still probably acts – and perhaps dresses – like the first incarnation of Doctor Who. This will change by the time of V5 Chicago by Night – that is to say, without the controlling power of Menele, Critias is apparently returning to his actual personality. Which is an asshole - seriously, the actual historical Critias betrayed Athens to its enemies and attempted to rule the city as one of a pack of tyrants. Perhaps Menele saw him as a project, like a house for sale that is described as “a fixer upper.”

Ublo-Satha and Nicolai: They are interesting, but oddly make little impression beyond being vaguely strange and menacing. Nicolai is dead by the time V5, but what has become of Ublo-Satha?

Yaanek Cycle is a reference to the poem Ulalume by Edgar Allen Poe. To my knowledge, there is no actually set of paintings titled the Yaanek Cycle.

Erichtho: Sadly, she makes little impression here. She appears too briefly, and is too easily dismissed by Beckett. This is a pity because as someone present, she has a greater ability to impact events than does Carna. Her write-ups in the CbN books is more interesting than her depiction here. It is also difficult to determine how honest Nicolai was in his description of her as “little better than an Anarch herself.” The relationship between the two was always tense.

Portia: She is a creature of pure terror.

She drew Beckett to her in some capacity, with the intent to eat him. Portia says as much on page 39. Further, on page 38, Anatole specifically asks Beckett how he knew where to find her? On page 41, Beckett notes he was already aware of two warring elders in Chicago, met one, and yet forgot about them on his trip. Wisdom might be his dump-stat, but he’s not actually a fool.

This is probably how the Beckoning works.

Comment

Added a link to your notes on the front page Grumpy RPG Reviews

@CTPhillips writes that parenthetical notes from “A” appear in the book. This is indeed confusing because both “A” (Aisling Sturbridge), and “A” (Anatole) contribute to the book. None of the characters contributing these comments are clearly identified, it is only possible to tell them apart by the handwriting, and to determine their identity from the nature of the comments.
              Yeah, that was a bit confusing, especially when you could have inserted a post-it key or just had Aisling be "AS" as opposed to "A" period. You could also have just had them use their first names but I suppose that vampires are used to being overcomplicated.

Volo Bog: I’m terribly curious about this location. In Hunger from Beyond I suggested it is home to several sleeping shub-spawn (i.e dark spawn of Shub-Niggurath). That said, given its location, it cannot easily be brought into a game.
              Very enjoyable book and I'm glad I bought it.

My thought is that it ties to both the Drowned and Nerissa from Chicago by Night 5E.

Inyanga: The term, or name, for traditional herbalist healers in the Nguni, Sotho-Tswana, and Tsonga societies of Southern Africa is inyanga. The character is interesting in that she is an elder black woman from Africa, powerful, independent, and apparently barely cares about the jyhad, or Camarilla or Sabbat. That she was reconned into being one of the Laibon works very well. After all, the Camarilla gangrel are just a bloodline of the Akunanse.
              One thing I'd like to comment on is the fact that I've really been enjoying both this book as well as the 5th Edition (I'm not going to automatically say the Matthew Dawkins sections were probably this as well but I wouldn't be surprised) Camarilla and Anarch books take a much more globalist approach to V:TM. Africa and the Middle East are no longer, "Here be Dragons" sorts of places but places that Kindred can go and talk to the sect members of. I'm hoping the same will eventually be the case for Cainites (or whatever) in Asia.

Critias: I have nattered about this character before. In BJD he is still controlled by his sire Menele, and is still apparently benign and relatively kind for an ancient vampire. At this point, he still probably acts – and perhaps dresses – like the first incarnation of Doctor Who. This will change by the time of V5 Chicago by Night – that is to say, without the controlling power of Menele, Critias is apparently returning to his actual personality. Which is an asshole - seriously, the actual historical Critias betrayed Athens to its enemies and attempted to rule the city as one of a pack of tyrants. Perhaps Menele saw him as a project, like a house for sale that is described as “a fixer upper.”
              I've mentioned many times before that I generally like many of the benevolent Elder vampires in the games:

* Critias
              * Inyanga
              * Sir Edward Scott
              * MacNeil
              * Menele
              * That Dracula guy in Washington D.C. by Night

But I also think that they run into the risk of Elminster and Company where the player characters run into problems that they feel like they can fall back on their friends. Gothic Punk to me is pretty close to cyberpunk in there's a very strong "fuck the Man" feeling so that this is always a bit strange to me. So the removal of so many pieces off the board feels like something that was necessary even if sometimes painful.

Good point about the historical Critias.

Ublo-Satha and Nicolai: They are interesting, but oddly make little impression beyond being vaguely strange and menacing. Nicolai is dead by the time V5, but what has become of Ublo-Satha?
              Hopefully a free Gargoyle that has created their own bloodline of Hellraisers. Mind you, you could make an argument that Dusable becomes x10 more likely to be Prince if he has his "Sheriff" behind him at all times.

Yaanek Cycle is a reference to the poem Ulalume by Edgar Allen Poe. To my knowledge, there is no actually set of paintings titled the Yaanek Cycle.
              Awesome catch. Now I want the paintings to have been done by Modius.

Erichtho: Sadly, she makes little impression here. She appears too briefly, and is too easily dismissed by Beckett. This is a pity because as someone present, she has a greater ability to impact events than does Carna. Her write-ups in the CbN books is more interesting than her depiction here. It is also difficult to determine how honest Nicolai was in his description of her as “little better than an Anarch herself.” The relationship between the two was always tense.
              I admit, in a book that is almost 100% pure awesome, I was disappointed by Erichtho's portrayal here and think Beckett's dismissive attitude is probably a good example of Kindred sexism. He knows not to be with Lucita and many of his other female friends but treats Tracy Graves as just a useless hanger-on Nicolai keeps around. This despite the fact that Ailsing points out she's probably fully qualified to be Regent of her own Chantry in a note, is massively connected to mortal magi, and while Helena would squash her--is probably one of the stronger Kindred in Chicago period.

Then again, Beckett is dismissive of almost everyone and it repeatedly gets him close to Final Death. I'm now wondering if he has the 9 Lives, Destiny, or Born Lucky merit.

As for "little better than an Anarch" I think this is partially due to the fact Chicago's Anarchs are very different from the stereotypes of later books. They were always a great deal smarter than the majority of their kind with Anita Wainwright, Maldavis, and Blackjack (I miss that guy--wonder what happened to him). Erichtho would fit in fine with them but would be completely out of sorts with folk like Juggler.

It's partially why I think some people have a problem with House Carna as Anarch because they're used to thinking of the Anarchs as, well, idiots.

Portia: She is a creature of pure terror.

She drew Beckett to her in some capacity, with the intent to eat him. Portia says as much on page 39. Further, on page 38, Anatole specifically asks Beckett how he knew where to find her? On page 41, Beckett notes he was already aware of two warring elders in Chicago, met one, and yet forgot about them on his trip. Wisdom might be his dump-stat, but he’s not actually a fool.

This is probably how the Beckoning works.
              Paths of Enlightenment aren't a thing in V5 (at least yet) so I'm curious if Helena would have been better served by being on one rather than on Humanity. Because while Humanity 4 is pretty damn evil by itself, she's also a rampant diablerist that's regularly devouring not only random women that Brett Stryker delivers to her but also her own childer. Beckett, here, is another person she was sadistically disposing of.

I wonder what it takes for someone as ancient and terrifying as Helena to descend into wassail.

But it seems like, "eating the souls of dozens of Kindred" would be one of them.
              Last edited by CTPhipps; 07-12-2019, 07:13 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

Chapter Three: Shadows Coalesce

I maintain my top three favorite By Night books to be Chicago by Night (in all its incarnations), Los Angeles by Night, and Washington D.C. by Night. I have not always used them but they've always given me a sense of a greater Kindred community that I can use in my books despite them usually being based around a single sedentary location. I feel like, in particular, that DCbyN has always been underrated.

The book opens with Madame Guile having an e-mail conversation with Jaroslav Pascek. I'm kind of amused at the idea of Justicars having e-mail conversations with the Camarilla's (hypocritical and inconsistently followed) ban on social media. It's also a neat Pentex reference since they have "Sunburst" e-mail.

Basically, the two of them discuss the continued survival of Marcus Vitel a.k.a Lucius Sejanus a.k.a The Roman. If you aren't familiar with the character, he's a 2000+ year old historical figure and contemporary of Pontius Pilate of that messiah thing in the Bible. He was Prince of Washington D.C. and had such crazy ideas as nuking the Middle East (and possibly Europe) to destroy the Antediluvians.

Marcus was an extremely powerful character even for a Methuselah twice over and had a magic pn that allowed him to ignore the Lasombra Clan flaw (I think that it was probably just an illusion but that's just me). Unlike many superpowerful characters, he was well-liked by the community so that when Washintgon D.C. fell in Clan Novel: Tzimisce (available from Crossroad Press again) and later died in Clan Novel: Brujah (ditto), there was actually a bunch of outrage on the original White Wolf forums.

The good folk at White Wolf realized this and he was brought back in a short story within a later edition of The Beast Within anthology. This is available from Onyx Path Publishing and I recommend people pick it up along with The Endless Ages that contain a few Washington D.C. short stories including "Family Portrait" by Matthew Dawkins that follows what I think is a Malkavian with a truly sick derangement (and is one of the best short stories of WW fiction alongside "Descent" by Sam Chupp." This is, I believe, the first "not quite dead" event to happen to an NPC.

Theo Bell proceeds to contact Beckett and informs him that he's been exiled to Washington D.C. until he can prove a negative (i.e. that Vitel is alive or dead). I don't know how Beckett and Bell are supposed to know one another given the last time the Signature Characters got together was the Clan Novels where Beckett was replaced by Ramona. Well, vampirism is a small town so maybe it doesn't matter. Jan Pieterzoon could have introduced them. [Note: Another mistake on my part. In fact, Bell and Beckett don't know one another and meet for the first time in this section--Bell just recognized Cesare and forced Beckett's location from him.]

We're introduced to Washington D.C. in this setting where the Sabbat, Camarilla, and Anarchs fight one another in parking garages while hiding bodies. It's a Shadow War that's much more intelligently written than the "vozhd running down the streets" that was sometimes implied by the Clan Novels for all their fun. We get a sense the Tremere chantry is still intact in the city and

Tabitha Prester is still active as a fighter alongside Bjorn a literal Viking. Notably Tabitha was in "Family Portrait" and serving as Marcus Vitel's defacto Sheriff. I'm not sure if it was meant to take place before (during his original reign) or after Marcus retakes the city.

FYI - Beckett and Theo Bell's conversation at the Hard Times Cafe is HILARIOUS. Beckett tries to be snarky to Bell only to be outright insulted back because the Archon who destroyed the Camarilla has zero fucks to give.
                Bell and Beckett forge a somewhat shaky alliance with the two of them infiltrating Vykos' brothel haven. Archbishop Vykos has abandoned the city and more or less guaranteed its fall since the Sabbat under a competent Elder's control are usually only barely able to coordinate themselves. It's another hilarious "Epic Fail" scene that reminds me a lot of when the PCs come up with a "Plan" and it's grossly ill-considered but the ST lets it play out because, well, it's hilarious.

Our (anti)heroes then meet with Talley the Hound at the Jefferson Memorial where Marcus/Lucius makes his dramatic reveal to them. Theo Bell is almost immediately betrayed by Beckett who accepts an offer of a blank check from Vitel to fund his research into the Jyhad as a whole (which is a pretty mammoth project and justifies this entire book). However, given I don't think Beckett is the kind of guy to own much stock or do much banking, probably a welcome relief. Bell also gets an offer to have all the Sabbat he can eat (probably not literally) as well as support in killing them.

Vitel also introduces ANOTHER Kindred book of eldritch lore in the Shaal Fragment.

I wonder how Beckett funded his research beforehand--stolen Nazi gold? Tremere? Stolen Tremere gold?
                Marcus explains his plan is to retake Washington D.C. with the Anarchs and it's actually a fairly solid one--albeit one that benefits from good timing/dumb luck. The Sabbat have also sent oodles of war parties to Mikwaukee on Vykos' orders while Vykos, herself, has left. Throw in the Sabbat Civil War that happens simultaneously and Marcus retaking DC is probably easy.

The Anarchs are people I've never really assumed were all that interested in social reform (or most of them). They just hate being at the bottom of the Kindred barrel, so an offer for "blood, cash, and domain for bloody work" isn't a terrible one. Lucius isn't a Prince who needs to prove himself so he doesn't engage in La Croix-esque petty tyrannies. He'd also probably prefer 100 dumb Kindred to 100 smart savvy political operators unlike most High Clan members. He can do most of the heavy lifting manipulation-wise himself and just needs muscle as well as Presenceable-subjects.

The Anarchs are a surprisingly solid bet for him as a strong Baron can be more powerful than Prince or Archbishop--albeit he's an "Emperor" not Baron.
                The chapter ends with a letter from "D" but I'm actually confused as to who D is. He seems to be an Anarch but I'm not sure who that would be. D also warns Jan Pieterzoon (that he calls a "sick fuck" so apparently D knows Jan's feeding restriction) that he needs to stay away from the ABC agencies and this is a foreshadowing to V5.

Adventure Hooks and Ideas

Much of these deal with Vitel's plans to take Washington D.C. back from the Sabbat. As we know from the Camarilla and Anarch books, Vitel succeeds in
                creating one of the largest Anarch Free States and becomes its Emperor.

Vitel is an AINO, though, as anyone with half a brain could have told you but Methuselah have always considered the sects to be just a kind of larger coterie so it shouldn't be much of a surprise. It is interesting to note that the Anarchs now control Los Angeles(ish), Berlin, and Washington D.C. A bit like the Sabbat controlling Montreal, you wouldn't think they'd be in charge of those cities.

This is also implied to be the origins of Theo Bell's discontent with the Camarilla. While the use of the Second Inquisition on the Anarchs and Sabbat is what finally caused him to burst, you can tell he was humiliated by Guile as well as his exile to nowhere. I wouldn't be surprised, though I doubt they will go there, if Marcus Vitel also is someone who put the idea of assassinating Hardestadt into Bell's head.

It's always easier to Dominate the stronger-willed, even as a Methuselah, if they want to do it anyway.

What do I think?

Well, there was no chance I was going to dislike this chapter. I'm a huge fan of Marcus Vitel, Washington D.C. by Night, and the Anarchs having a hypocritical but effective side. So the idea of him being a magnficent bastard who retakes his city with the help of the Rabble is just perfect for me--sort of like a Roman general leading a bunch of Visigoths across the Rubicon.

I'm also a fan of Theo Bell and Beckett so the two have good chemistry here. Talley the Hound's appearance will also affect things throughout the book. While he's not my favorite Lasombra (three guesses who that is), I'm always been fond of him as well. Talley leaving the Sabbat's service for Sejanus' is a good twist in my mind. I was never really a fan of the Sabbat being in charge of DC and think it being in the hand of a conspiratorial vampire like Vitel makes more sense.

This chapter also implies some interesting things about V5 - that Vitel going down and losing control over his machine of control may have contributed to the Second Inqusition's rise. It's also possible that the SI finding out about vampires may be part of Vitel's designs. The latter is a bit of a stretch but Marcus switching from nuclear weapons to "War on Terror" tactics as a weapon against the Antediluvians is entirely possible.

Especially if he helped kidnap Augustus Giovanni and buried Saulot the Worm. The SI also blew up Alamut with a few hundred American missiles in my games.

Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-19-2020, 12:41 PM.

Forum Terms of Use
                the Contact Us link.

Comment

Chapter 3: Shadows Coalesce notes

1. My only regret about this chapter? No sign of Monica Black. I have a write-up for her survival in my games. Remember only ONE of Marcus Vitel's "daughters" was killed by the Sabbat in the Clan Novels and if it was going to be one, I'm inclined to think it's probably going to be the True Black Hand member that Marcus was already planning on killing.

2. This chapter is excellent foreshadowing about Sasha Vykos being retooled. The original version was something of a grotesque and was troubling the first transexual/nonbinary character of the setting. Vykos goes through a arc where she manages to free herself from the control of the Dracon and becomes a much more interesting villain more similar to her DA persona. I believe this is probably going to be due to the Book of the Grave War.

3. I rather like the fact Theo Bell's loyalty to the Camarilla is something that was eroded by a series of cuts rather than a thousand tiny ones. He's always been semi-Anarch sympathetic but the humiliations he received at Guile's hands over whether or not he killed Sejanus (however justified they turned out to be) followed by a suicidal exile to DC had to have hurt him.

4. I'm also of the mind that Bell was one of the Kindred deluded (?) into believing the Camarilla did represent everyone--and the Anarchs were mostly harmless barring Salvador. Even loyal opposition as they fought against the Sabbat. Seeing them thrown under the bus was just the final straw. I actually do like my idea that Marcus could have helped arrange Hardestadt's execution as well but I wouldn't want to take away too much from Bell.

5. I am perhaps too much of a fan of Marcus Vitel but I really do have him as someone who is capable of actually controlling (much) of America's security apparatus from behind the scenes. Also, someone who does have access to the President of the United States and have picked various ones as his pawns. In my games, he's the Man-Behind-The-Man who was the Regent for the majority of the Star Chamber ghouls.

6. Talley the Hound is a vampire that I tend to think of as sort of a less-powerful Karsh in terms of his politics. People believe Talley is a fanatically loyal to the Sabbat true believer. In truth, he is actually almost entirely apolitical. The dude loves to fight and kill so he's never been bothered by sect politics: Sabbat, Camarilla, Anarch? Doesn't matter. I believe he even says as much in the Clan Novel anthology and is surprised Bell does believe.

7. I wonder if Lucius/Marcus helped the Lasombra defect so he could take his place among the Camarilla's Founders.

8. The idea of Vitel being an important part of the Second Inquisition sounds crazy but we saw that he knows (in THE TIME OF THIN BLOOD) that nuclear weapons were semi-effective against the Antediluvians with the Week of Nightmares. I can see him switching tactics and any person who doesn't care about nuclear war won't care about potentially risking all the Kindred in the world if they know they can protect themselves.

9. Kudos on Tabitha's inclusion. I like it when "minor" NPCs get used every bit as much as the big boys.
                  Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-19-2020, 12:40 PM.

Forum Terms of Use
                  the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                    Chapter 3: Shadows Coalesce notes

1. My only regret about this chapter? No sign of Monica Black. I have a write-up for her survival in my games. Remember only ONE of Marcus Vitel's "daughters" was killed by the Sabbat in the Clan Novels and if it was going to be one, I'm inclined to think it's probably going to be the True Black Hand member that Marcus was already planning on killing.

2. This chapter is excellent foreshadowing about Sasha Vykos being retooled. The original version was something of a grotesque and was troubling the first transexual/nonbinary character of the setting. Vykos goes through a arc where she manages to free herself from the control of the Dracon and becomes a much more interesting villain more similar to her DA persona. I believe this is probably going to be due to the Book of the Grave War.

3. I rather like the fact Theo Bell's loyalty to the Camarilla is something that was eroded by a series of cuts rather than a thousand tiny ones. He's always been semi-Anarch sympathetic but the humiliations he received at Guile's hands over whether or not he killed Sejanus (however justified they turned out to be) followed by a suicidal exile to DC had to have hurt him.

4. I'm also of the mind that Bell was one of the Kindred deluded (?) into believing the Camarilla did represent everyone--and the Anarchs were mostly harmless barring Salvador. Even loyal opposition as they fought against the Sabbat. Seeing them thrown under the bus was just the final straw. I actually do like my idea that Marcus could have helped arrange Hardelstadt's execution as well but I wouldn't want to take away too much from Bell.

5. I am perhaps too much of a fan of Marcus Vitel but I really do have him as someone who is capable of actually controlling (much) of America's security apparatus from behind the scenes. Also, someone who does have access to the President of the United States and have picked various ones as his pawns. In my games, he's the Man-Behind-The-Man who was the Regent for the majority of the Star Chamber ghouls.

6. Talley the Hound is a vampire that I tend to think of as sort of a less-powerful Karsh in terms of his politics. People believe Talley is a fanatically loyal to the Sabbat true believer. In truth, he is actually almost entirely apolitical. The dude loves to fight and kill so he's never been bothered by sect politics: Sabbat, Camarilla, Anarch? Doesn't matter. I believe he even says as much in the Clan Novel anthology and is surprised Bell does believe.

7. I wonder if Lucius/Marcus helped the Lasombra defect so he could take his place among the Camarilla's Founders.

8. The idea of Vitel being an important part of the Second Inquisition sounds crazy but we saw that he knows (in THE TIME OF THIN BLOOD) that nuclear weapons were semi-effective against the Antediluvians with the Ravnos one. I can see him switching tactics and any person who doesn't care about nuclear war won't care about potentially risking all the Kindred in the world if they know they can protect themselves.

9. Kudos on Tabitha's inclusion. I like it when "minor" NPCs get used every bit as much as the big boys.
                    Monica Black didn't appear for a very simple reason:

I have a big issue with Lasombra who have the word "black" "shadow" or "noir" in their name.

Matthew Dawkins
                    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Monica Black didn't appear for a very simple reason:

I have a big issue with Lasombra who have the word "black" "shadow" or "noir" in their name.
                      *rimshot*

You know I totally missed that.

I admit, I have a bit higher pun tolerance since the protagonist of my Bright Falls Mysteries books is a weredeer named Jane Doe.

*Matthew puts up a Tremere Ward against Puns*

Forum Terms of Use
                      the Contact Us link.

Comment

I wonder what did happen to Monica and Cynthia Black. They were interesting characters.

Comment

I wonder what did happen to Monica and Cynthia Black. They were interesting characters.
                          Agreed.

One died at the hands of the Sabbat but we never did find out which or what happened next.

In my games, Monica became an Anarch after being rescued by them from the Sabbat. She's now hiding under a new name from her sire in Chicago. She's unaware Marcus could summon her with his Presence at any point (albeit she's had about a decade of freedom from him due to the fact he was in torpor).

I also had her sister become a Wraith.

Good opportunity to explore the necromantic elements of Oblivion if I ever get to use them in V5.
                          Last edited by CTPhipps; 07-12-2019, 02:44 PM.

Forum Terms of Use
                          the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                            Especially if he helped kidnap Augustus Giovanni....
                            What do you mean by this?

Comment

What do you mean by this?
                              The Vienna Chantry is getting all the attention as an example of the Second Inquisition's super-effective hit squads. So is the Fall of London (with its own supplement).

But I understand the Giovanni skyscraper, the only one of its kind in Venice due to being architecturally impossible (and a huge Masquerade breach ala La Croix tower in Los Angeles ala Bloodline), was also hit by the SI. So badly, in fact that it decapitated the Clan and is part of why it's now the Hecata.

Augustus Giovanni's body disappeared during this event.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Japeth reclaimed the Clan's Blood or brought Uncle Auggie to the Black Monastery to be repossessed by Cappadocius.

Last edited by CTPhipps; 08-09-2019, 05:22 AM.

Forum Terms of Use
                              the Contact Us link.

Comment

Random Linda Blair factoid since I just shared the music from "Repossessed"

She was the original model for this piece of Tim Bradstreet artwork.

Forum Terms of Use
                                the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
                                X