No announcement yet.

[WIR] Beckett's Jyhad Diary - The Big book of Metaplot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After having finally my translated Deluxe version I can say it is really good though it has two disadvantages.
    First is, it is not really makeing clear, who talks now in Beckett's notes and I feel like it is with his Medias in Res approach not really suitable for newcommers to learn the history. Maybe it will get better when I am able to work through all of the over 500 pages but with starting from page one feels confusing. It more feels like we stumbled apone his lost diary then his work to make newly embraced kindred the world easier. There I find the Prolog of Aristotle de Laurant's Book of Nod better because it is more clear how it get copied.

Second there should be an explenation of who is who in his notes that should not need to be searched somewhere.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
    First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
    Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

• It was a fantastic book. I enjoyed it hugely. The Brujah section was a bit of a disappointment though. I had looked forwards to it in particular, and it just seemed full of obvious errors, or in-character obvious misinformation. However, many other sections more than made up for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trollroot View Post
        It was a fantastic book. I enjoyed it hugely. The Brujah section was a bit of a disappointment though. I had looked forwards to it in particular, and it just seemed full of obvious errors, or in-character obvious misinformation. However, many other sections more than made up for it.
        I wanted more Cristof and Ecaterina.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• I wanted more of the Tick Tock Man.

Comment

• i wanted more Serenna, the saucy Salubri who thinks a date should involve a running gun battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
              i wanted more Serenna, the saucy Salubri who thinks a date should involve a running gun battle.
              Apparently, Tegyrius had her perform the Vermillion Wedding.

If there was a snub to the Tremere that signified how much their cachet had fallen....there it is.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• I wish for this book, that their was a plane text version available, the weird font choices make my dyspraxia act up, and leave me having to concentrate so hard on deciphering them that I get thumping headaches fairly quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taggie View Post
                  I wish for this book, that their was a plane text version available, the weird font choices make my dyspraxia act up, and leave me having to concentrate so hard on deciphering them that I get thumping headaches fairly quickly.
                  I totally agree Bro. It Is a masterpiece, lorewise speaking, but Is Is really hard to read if not impossible for "not-english" users. My2cents.

Comment

• Just wanted to say thanks to CTPhipps and Grumpy RPG Reviews for their reviews, along with plenty of other posters for providing additional ideas and insights. It took a while to get through, but this was an immensely enjoyable and thought-provoking thread. I really enjoyed BJD when I first read it, and while I was already planning on re-reading it in the near future, this thread has me eager to do so with the excellent insights that other posters have been able to provide!

Special thanks to the poster, way back, who mentioned having the result of Tremere's diablerie of Saulot be a new gestalt entity rather than simply one (Saulot) dominating the other (Tremere). It's an idea I've enjoyed ever since encountering it with Padan Fain in the Wheel of Time. If it doesn't offend, I'd probably like to steal that idea for my own upcoming chronicle (I may eventually dig back through the 30+ pages to find the individual in question, but for now feel free to identify yourself lol)

Comment

• Sure, go ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuZaolover View Post

I totally agree Bro. It Is a masterpiece, lorewise speaking, but Is Is really hard to read if not impossible for "not-english" users. My2cents.
                        It is not translated for your language like the germans got it or are you going for canonical it can only be in english because any translation would have been more plain writing?

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
                        First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
                        Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                          I admit in my games, whenever I addressed this unpopular plot, it was like this.

Saulot/Tremere have merged into one being.

The Worm is Kupala now a Demon-Antediluvian.
                          Well, now I'm a bit embarrassed to realize I forgot this awesome idea was yours lol. Thank you very much!

Also, the thread moved on before I got caught up, but as a fellow Tzimisce fan, I don't think fleshcrafting is or should be so central to the clan's identity that not wanting it to be a unique Discipline in itself means you "hate" them or want to "ruin" them

Comment

Working...
                          X