Chicago by Night (5E) Release date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago by Night (5E) Release date

Do we have any idea when this will be released for non-backers? We are looking to run a campaign shortly and would like to run using this stuff. Is it like a week or two away or months?

Originally posted by Farast View Post
    Do we have any idea when this will be released for non-backers? We are looking to run a campaign shortly and would like to run using this stuff. Is it like a week or two away or months?
    It's on it's second proofing now according to Matthew Dawkins' Q&A videos (I don't know how he manages this stuff) and the Monday Meeting Notes.

The original release date planned for it was around August.

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is "soon" but an exact time is probably not in the cards.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

If you wish to do something while you wait depending on your characters you could do so historical stuff to get players acquainted with the SPCs of Chicago. Just running under a blood red moon could be good to get players acquainted with one of the major beats in Chicago's history. It seems it won't be long now for the advance PDF release, print will be a bit more due to print times.

Comment

We don't give exact release dates, but "soon" is pretty accurate.

Matthew Dawkins
        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Thanks Matthew. I guess we will just have to wait in anticipation and hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

Comment

According to this at 23:12, they're in the final stages.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

The backers of Chicago by Night have received their PDFs.

I am reading mine and it is spectacular.

Comment

Mine is sitting on my iPad, just waiting for me to get away from work

Comment

I got my backer pdf today. It is beautiful! I've been running a chronicle ever since the preview was released, but man, I am just so thrilled to have this pdf. I love the art!

Comment

I just downloaded my copy. Oh my, it's beautiful. But, I've found a few "see table XX" in it. Hopefully, they caught those before going to print.
                    Last edited by Ruthven; 07-25-2019, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthven View Post
                      I just downloaded my copy. Oh my, it's beautiful. But, I've found a few "see table XX" in it. Hopefully, they caught those before going to print.
                      Well that's why the Errata report exists.

I reported those myself.

Comment

They did say that the page xx references will be fixed before going to print. They do this during backer preview I guess. Once backer input is finalized they will finalize the PDF before print and fix the page XX references. Until they know the final pages though they won’t fix them. Or at least that is my understanding, which makes since to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X