Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that bloodlines was, in any way, a sexist game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * Bloodlines
    * Sexism
    * Criticism of Bloodlines is excessive
    * They need to be critical because some fans are assholes
    * Are they?
    * Yes, why they needed to put a disclaimer against Nazis
    * I found that excessive
    * I know some actual Nazi gamers
    * Nazi gamers suck
    * How do we react to Nazi Gamers?
    * Try to win them over or cast them out?
    * Nazis historically suck

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
      * Criticism of Bloodlines is excessive
      * They need to be critical because some fans are assholes
      * Are they?
      * Yes, why they needed to put a disclaimer against Nazis
      This is.... a very questionable summary of events.

The "criticisms of Bloodlines is excessive" seems fairly biased, and is ignoring why a mod intervened.

jamiemalk came in to make the case that being "too progressive and inclusive," turned people off and cited the "Nazis fuck off," V5 thing as part that, it wasn't used as an example of why being critical is necessary, but as something too heavy handed turning people off.

Myself and others were making the "we need to be critical," argument to NotEmpathetic. And not based on the grounds that some fans are assholes, but that being critical increases the quality of games for everyone, not just the minorities games made primarily for straight men turn away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
        It's the internet? Maybe it's inevitable. I bet the same thing happens in forums dedicated to discussing recipes for scones and breakfast food.
        You should see what a knitting forum is like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
          You should see what a knitting forum is like.
          Some of them less so than others now.

Comment

• As the spouse of a regular poster on Ravelry... that trimmed off the worst of things, but there's plenty of threads that go to dumb places still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

This is.... a very questionable summary of events.

The "criticisms of Bloodlines is excessive" seems fairly biased, and is ignoring why a mod intervened.

jamiemalk came in to make the case that being "too progressive and inclusive," turned people off and cited the "Nazis fuck off," V5 thing as part that, it wasn't used as an example of why being critical is necessary, but as something too heavy handed turning people off.

Myself and others were making the "we need to be critical," argument to NotEmpathetic. And not based on the grounds that some fans are assholes, but that being critical increases the quality of games for everyone, not just the minorities games made primarily for straight men turn away.
              I'm not sure it was biased since my view was the transition was natural, civil, and informative.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
              X