Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that bloodlines was, in any way, a sexist game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Orkar View Post
    The general idea of a romance in a vampires game is...difficult. Most vampires dont have such feelings and dont give a crap, also about sex which is a part of a romance and its also looked down upon by other kindred. Not to mention its a weakness added to your character that can be exploited by enemies (see heather)
    Eh, vampires are intensely sexual beings. It's just that the blood is how the desire for sex manifests. Drinking is better than sex and drugs combined while being the sex and drugs that you have every night. Vampires who get naked with a partner and roll around with them while drinking are going the extra mile but some people like cheese on their hamburger. It's also a way to get mortals to some place private to feed on them. They also won't question the high of the Kiss.

As for romance? Well, vampires live a constant paranoid and horrible existence so any relief from that is going to be welcome. Their passions are heightened and a desire for a companion or someone to ease that loss is intense.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Eh, vampires are intensely sexual beings. It's just that the blood is how the desire for sex manifests. Drinking is better than sex and drugs combined while being the sex and drugs that you have every night. Vampires who get naked with a partner and roll around with them while drinking are going the extra mile but some people like cheese on their hamburger. It's also a way to get mortals to some place private to feed on them. They also won't question the high of the Kiss.

As for romance? Well, vampires live a constant paranoid and horrible existence so any relief from that is going to be welcome. Their passions are heightened and a desire for a companion or someone to ease that loss is intense.
      i might be mistaken but the idea i got from reading the rule books (mind you before V5) is that sex and romance are both things almost all kindred look down at, something disgusting, primitive only mortals do and you should be better than that. With notable exceptions (like the ruklers of carthage, the triad with michael and the drakon etc.) a rule exception (true love) and basicly clan toreador.

That said animating dead flesh to get an errection is certainly possible but increasing your blood flow in certain areas for stimulation might be difficult. That said i also remember that most lans view a partner / lover as a weakness that could easily be exploited by others. Now that said, it happens that one falls in love and even embraces the mortal to spend infinity with them but its nothing common.

Ghouls do the job and as i recall the ghoul rulebook the tragedy of a ghoul is that they themselves are extremely sexual creatures who want nothing more but sex with their master / mistress but THOSE dont get sexual pleasure from them, being dead and all, and that exceptional servie of the ghoul may get the master to fck em with a dildo or jerk em off as reward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orkar View Post

i might be mistaken but the idea i got from reading the rule books (mind you before V5) is that sex and romance are both things almost all kindred look down at, something disgusting, primitive only mortals do and you should be better than that. With notable exceptions (like the ruklers of carthage, the triad with michael and the drakon etc.) a rule exception (true love) and basicly clan toreador.
        I wonder which books are those because Chicago by Night is full of Kindred who Embraced individuals to be their sexual partners as well as companions.

* Maria and Annabelle
        * Annabelle and Brett Stryker
        * Helena and Priam
        * Lodin and Lorraine
        * Anita Wainwright and Theodore Dooley

I mean, yes, Toreador are the ones who normally do this but that's not all of them.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          I wonder which books
          Mostly dark ages stuff and some clanbooks. its also a comparaitvely rare event in the history and if love is mentioned its usually a bad thing, see the carthage story.

And while id say its a great way to retain humanity its not only very difficult to maintain a relationship with someone you can only see at night, you will drag the eprson you love down with you in a world thats dangerous for them, see bloodlines 1 with Heather.
          I am not sure you can really call it love if you are willing to risk your loved ones life for the selfish reason of being with them.

That said Redemption actually did make this a major plot point and it ended with said loved one being abducted, tortured and embraced ofc.

I dont have an issue with it being in a vampire game either but it should be mentioned its a rare thing, and that there are dangers accompanying it and the tragedy that you will see them grow old and die...and then be all alone in the world, or turn them into your ghoul, never knowing if their affection for you is real or just the blood. or embracin them and seeing them change into somene you may hate. Tragedy is a big theme for vampires after all.
          Last edited by Orkar; 08-09-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• I mean, maybe there are some desiccated stuck-up old elders who think romance and passion are bad things, but not all vampires (and defo not even all elders) think that way. Most vampires follow Humanity, and romantic love is a big part of being human.

For that matter, I’m not sure if the Path of Cathari is even a thing in V5 anymore, but I could totally see a Cathari Kindred being a serial monogamist. (Serial monogamy is still a form of romance.)

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Working...
            X