[v5] Humans regaining blood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [v5] Humans regaining blood

I am sure that it has been mentioned somewhere but how long does it take for a human to regain blood lost from one point of feeding? Mostly I just want an idea about how large a herd you need to keep your hunger under control assuming you need 1 blood a night.

The core book mentions that a vampire can theoretically survive from 30 people, assuming the Masquerade doesn't matter. Go below that and their health will sooner or later deteriorate. It's unclear whether this refers to pure subsistence (just wake up in the evening, meaning you need around 15 Hunger's worth of blood per month) or a bit more activity (say, one additional rouse per night -> 30 Hunger per month).

Comment

Originally posted by Farast View Post
      I am sure that it has been mentioned somewhere but how long does it take for a human to regain blood lost from one point of feeding? Mostly I just want an idea about how large a herd you need to keep your hunger under control assuming you need 1 blood a night.
      Read the Herd background again. Without doing harm, you can feed on your Herd once per week per background dot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
        The core book mentions that a vampire can theoretically survive from 30 people, assuming the Masquerade doesn't matter. Go below that and their health will sooner or later deteriorate. It's unclear whether this refers to pure subsistence (just wake up in the evening, meaning you need around 15 Hunger's worth of blood per month) or a bit more activity (say, one additional rouse per night -> 30 Hunger per month).
        For emergencies yes, but I would have some sort of health penalty for them if that was the case. Give them lots of orange juice.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
          That makes me wonder why more rich vampires don't just lobotomize a bunch of people and feed them intravenously? Set it up correctly, and they'd never need to hunt again, just maintain a literal herd of the lobotomized.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
            That makes me wonder why more rich vampires don't just lobotomize a bunch of people and feed them intravenously? Set it up correctly, and they'd never need to hunt again, just maintain a literal herd of the lobotomized.
            I'm pretty sure they do.

Comment

I remember reading in the feeding section that its one BP per health level. So if you feed one BP they are bruised one level, with lethal damage.

The Giovanni clan curse does two lethal damage per BP.

So replenishing should follow healing rules. Like 3 days for a point... more and the mortal suffers wound penalties. Same goes for using feeding after a grapple and bite attack.

As a Giovanni you have to keep track of this more often than others, cuz you can easily kill your herd.

Comment

Originally posted by Talvas View Post
                I remember reading in the feeding section that its one BP per health level. So if you feed one BP they are bruised one level, with lethal damage.

The Giovanni clan curse does two lethal damage per BP.

So replenishing should follow healing rules. Like 3 days for a point... more and the mortal suffers wound penalties. Same goes for using feeding after a grapple and bite attack.

As a Giovanni you have to keep track of this more often than others, cuz you can easily kill your herd.
                (While completely accurate, that's for V20; this question is for V5.)

Comment

Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                  Read the Herd background again. Without doing harm, you can feed on your Herd once per week per background dot.
                  So given that a 1 dot herd is 1-3 people that means it takes about two weeks to fully heal from losing one point of blood. So if you could keep people perfectly healthy a vampire could survive on seven people (1 blood every two days). Obviously it is a bit more complicated than that but it is a good baseline.

Comment

Because it probably doesn't taste very good. V5 has Resonances, and Vampires crave strong emotions in their blood. Feeding solely on the lobotomized would probably be similar to if a human ate nothing but flavorless grey paste that contained nutrients...

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by pang4 View Post

Because it probably doesn't taste very good. V5 has Resonances, and Vampires crave strong emotions in their blood. Feeding solely on the lobotomized would probably be similar to if a human ate nothing but flavorless grey paste that contained nutrients...
                      Could be great for the Lasombra and Hecata potentially, since they fuel Oblivion with blood lacking Resonance. And it seems real fitting for some Lasombra.

-Red
                      V20 Content: Age & Potency
                      V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor, Morality System
                      Development Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

To be honest, the older stuff specifically fudged the numbers, because they wanted to make sure that players could never create “stable blood supplies” or become too comfortable withfeeding. If a storyteller wants to hand wave feeding, that’s one thing, but a player hand-waving feeding can make characters too powerful and can allow them to ignore certain story points.. at it’s core, vampires being monsters that feed off of humans is integral to the game.

With that said, if one dot in herd can be used once per week without ill effect, and it represents at least one person, than you would need at least 7 people in order to stave off the effects just from waking up each night. Now keep in mind, that’s 7 healthy people, and people sometimes get sick, injured, etc.. which means you’d want to have back-ups, but again, that’s kinda random.

Comment

Originally posted by Farast View Post

So given that a 1 dot herd is 1-3 people that means it takes about two weeks to fully heal from losing one point of blood. So if you could keep people perfectly healthy a vampire could survive on seven people (1 blood every two days). Obviously it is a bit more complicated than that but it is a good baseline.
                          Except they also couldn't because 4-7 is Herd 2.

Comment

Yeah that sounds like a great Idea for some, especially Ventrue, and while expensive it would not be something like Personal Submarine expensive so it is much more easy to handle then other crazy project. Yeah Brilliant Idea.

I still say being the shadow master of a Prison, especially a grim South American Jungle Prison or Turkish Prison would be the Ultimate Blood Buffet for a Vampire.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Morality?

And the practicality of housing/feeding them and providing staff that might get upset...

Comment

Working...
                              X