Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fetish, Wonder, or Artifact merit for VTM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fetish, Wonder, or Artifact merit for VTM?

Does a merit exist in all the WoD, to give these items to players of other venues? Or is it just Werewolves and Mages that get them?

The ravnos book has a similar merit for vampires. Do you mean, can other creatures get somethIng similar? Or do you mean, can a mage use a werewolf fetish?

Comment

I feel like a mage could find a way, I mean a vampire. I have found problems with attuning some and some use gnosis.

I am going to check that ravnos book, though.

Comment

Question - do not the Ananasi were-spiders work with a Blood Pool like kindred too? I would suggest taking a look at how they interact or not with Fetishes for possible ideas.

Alternaately, you can simply use the "roll willpower at +1 diff" rule for Fomori & co from Freak Legion...

Comment

Those are good ideas. I also just found a merit on pg 9 of the Vampire's Player Guide 2nd edition that allows for magic items in case anyone else was interested.

Edit: Since Fetishes are far superior to those magic items. The idea to use the rules from freak legion is pure genius, btw.
          Last edited by Talvas; 07-20-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Talvas View Post
            Those are good ideas. I also just found a merit on pg 9 of the Vampire's Player Guide 2nd edition that allows for magic items in case anyone else was interested.

Edit: Since Fetishes are far superior to those magic items. The idea to use the rules from freak legion is pure genius, btw.

Not quite the same, but even back in first edition, with the original Clanbook: Gangrel, there was some talk of characters getting access to some Garou stuff (rituals mainly) and so much stuff evolved out of just this back in those early games i simply had little use for most of the blood magic books, they were pretty much redundant for those tables.

Simply put, their pack-oriented dynamic and animistic flavor fit with the overall personality of the Sabbat - and to a degree, other cult-oriented groups - and gave them a different feel from Thaumaturgy on a level that i just did not feel from Koldun's Ways & etc.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 07-21-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

It exist as the fourth path power (Entrap Ephemera) of Spirit Manipulation. Concerning V5, I'd prefer to be ruled out in Werewolf first, then in Vampire.

- Saga
              Last edited by Saga; 07-21-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X