Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So which NPC would you like to get more canon info on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saga View Post

In Dark Ages novel Gangrel, pg. 14 (IIRC) an elder Gangrel explains that Alexander was embraced 700 BC in Athens.

- Saga
    Page 34.
    But thank you, I haven't found this guy's background in any other sourcebook.

Comment

• Vistania and Alvusia, the Mothers of the Gargoyles. I thoroughly enjoyed the story in House Tremere and would like to see an update on these characters along with Fidus. Is he dead or still a willing slave?

Comment

• Just a question, does anyone know the true generation of Lambach Ruthven?

Emmm, to be honest I think EVERY Meths and “Antes” should be given more canon, they are all very important and filled with mysteries...

my view:
        Loutius, that 4th generation
        Nictukus

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
          Just a question, does anyone know the true generation of Lambach Ruthven?

Emmm, to be honest I think EVERY Meths and “Antes” should be given more canon, they are all very important and filled with mysteries...

my view:
          Nictukus
          I tend to disagree a bit as if you give a personality to most Antediluvians, you demystify them. How could you even portray an Intelligence 10 creature?

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I tend to disagree a bit as if you give a personality to most Antediluvians, you demystify them. How could you even portray an Intelligence 10 creature?
            With great difficulty.
            But Warhammer 40K has had whole novels (admittedly of varying quality) written from the viewpoint of the Primarchs and the setting has not lost its popularity.

Comment

my view:
              Nictukus

He was 5th in 2nd ed, then retconned as 4th in revised and Dark Ages revised. V20 gives the view of what Beckett now of the fiend which the known story is that everyone thinks that Dracula diablerized his 4th generation sire Tabak, but that apparently is a ruse, since Tabak was shown as Damek Ruthven's childe, making Tabak a 6th generation vampire (both sources of Dark Ages novel Tzimisce and BJD chapter of Azhi Dahaka are written by Myranda Kalis). I personally keep Lambach lineage from the Dark Ages novel as being 4th, progenitor of the Ruthven lineage and keeper of the clan archives in Samizegetuza, which is also the resting place of the Antediluvian after its destruction by Samiel in the mid 7th century AD.

- Saga

Comment

my view:
                Nictukus

He was 5th in 2nd ed, then retconned as 4th in revised and Dark Ages revised. V20 gives the view of what Beckett himself knows of the fiend, the story that everyone thinks that Dracula diablerized his 4th generation sire Tabak, but that apparently is a ruse, since Tabak was shown as Damek Ruthven's childe, making Tabak a 6th generation vampire (both sources of Dark Ages novel Tzimisce and BJD chapter of Azhi Dahaka are written by Myranda Kalis). I personally keep Lambach lineage from the Dark Ages novel as being 4th, progenitor of the Ruthven lineage and keeper of the clan archives in Samizegetuza, which is also the resting place of the Antediluvian after its destruction by Samiel in the mid 7th century AD.

- Saga
                Last edited by Saga; 07-31-2019, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I tend to disagree a bit as if you give a personality to most Antediluvians, you demystify them.
                  Well I say give more "canon", which means more feats and so on about them. In my opinion it doesn't mean personality.

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                  How could you even portray an Intelligence 10 creature?

Why not? Canon even has some examples (Yeah, the Unnamed, that Ante-level mage, of course he is a Gary Sue but that's ok.)

Furthermore, I don't think Antes are so-called Plot Device in Gehenna, they're very powerful but still killable and beatable. I think what authorities want to say is that they're so powerful that you can regard them as Plot, but you can still give them stats if you really want to.

And even in Gehenna, Antes aren't ultimate badass who have all Lv.10 Disciplines. Most of them may just have 1-3s.
                  Last edited by Rock113; 07-31-2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• In the grand scheme, he's not that big as many listed here, but I'd appreciate to learn more about that grudge holding bastard Francis Milliner. I think a man that can go toe to toe with the Kennedy clan, get noticed and promoted w/ the Giovanni Clan, and get to the point of succeeding so much that the Family in Venice puts roadblocks in his way(all with 80 years) is a man I want to know more about.

Comment

• I’d love for the Nosferatu Warren that dug too deep and became a Wyrm cult, radioactive balefire and all, in the original Clanbook Nosferatu to make a comeback.
                      Last edited by Reasor; 08-09-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X