On V5 and V20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On V5 and V20

So now that V5 is out, is it the new standard? Will there be no more 'official' V20-compatible releases?

Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
    So now that V5 is out, is it the new standard? Will there be no more 'official' V20-compatible releases?
    Probably not since Onyx Path Publishing is doing 5th Edition supplements.

Matthew Dawkins is for example also working on things like Modiphus' Fall of London.

Beckett's Jyhad Diary was an amazing finale, though.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
      Yeah. It was confirmed a while ago that BJD is the final V20 book.

Comment

I wish we had more DAV20 books though...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Matthew Dawkins is for example also working on things like Modiphus' Fall of London.
          And Steffie De Vaan is developing it!

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
          Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Lore books can easily be adjusted to the older system though. I will certainly include elements of V5 in my V20 game, like the Second Inquisition will start rearing its head soon, for my players.

Comment

V20 is still receiving books through the Storytellers Vault, many of them by the same freelancers who wrote the OPP V20 books and the better V5 books.

Comment

With V20 in storytellers vault you should continue to see more things to come. Just not official releases for V20. They will still be books for the 20th anniversary edition line which can be used for your V20 games as supernatural antagonists and allies. Also why would they stop DAV20? It seems to me that the historical line could continue until DAV5 comes out.

Comment

I think it will need more books to be published, but anyone has a guess on when v5 material will be allowed on the Storyteller's Vault?

Comment

shkspr1048

Were there any particular topics you were hoping to see new material on? New bloodlines? More By-Night books? Maybe new eras covered using V20 rules?

Who knows? Listing specific requests here might inspire a freelance creator to do an ST Vault book.

Comment

Currently I do not think V5 product is allowed in the Vault and no indexation of when it will be allowed has been given. I think we will not see that for a while if at all.

Comment

I took the original post to be asking whether there were more V20 products on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

And Steffie De Vaan is developing it!
                          Yep, we co-developed it. I started the project and was then more than happy to put it in her capable developer hands to do the second, most important half.

Matthew Dawkins
                          In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Yep, we co-developed it. I started the project and was then more than happy to put it in her capable developer hands to do the second, most important half.
                            I've already signed up for playtesting at Modiphus in hopes of being among those to try it out first. My gaming group(s) are all interested in getting a boots on the ground view of the Second Inquisition.

I think a introductory chronicle to 5E's lore is a great idea.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I am wondering when they will be sending out notifications on the OP and Playtesting?

Comment

Working...
                              X