Handling Methuselah's Thirst.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    Well the Antediluvians having it is why Gehenna is feared.

Otherwise, its', "Hey, Cappadochias. What's up?"
    They seem to have it but some sources still show they have partaken of non supernatural blood when left with little recourse. Hence why I suggested maybe have it like the Nagarajah where they have to regularly injest Vitae but they can still fuel up by eating an old folks home or a pet shop. They naturally want to put themselves in a position however where they don’t need to do so.

And it seems weird that Gangrel would have lost the power to feed off of beasts.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

They seem to have it but some sources still show they have partaken of non supernatural blood when left with little recourse. Hence why I suggested maybe have it like the Nagarajah where they have to regularly injest Vitae but they can still fuel up by eating an old folks home or a pet shop. They naturally want to put themselves in a position however where they don’t need to do so.

And it seems weird that Gangrel would have lost the power to feed off of beasts.
      While true, in the new setting that just means you can have them take other similar powers.

An Antediluvian or other being may not be able to feed off of the same level of blood but it's just one power when you can buy new ones.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

What´s the point of inmortality if the world is gonna end? Why would vampires fear the ancients if they avoid vitae like AIDs due the blood bond and thin bloods existing? Isn´t already scary enought not to know if you are the wielder of your own will or if there is a puppet master behind the scene?.

About the Gangrel feeding from animals?
        Each clan has a blessing becuase they are like classes the gangrel in my games are survivors and so they start with extra health + the ability to survive of animal blood independently of their blood potency/age/generation.It´s this a huge advantage NO.They don´t have social disciplines with are the best and animal blood in my plays doesnt allow you to recharge above 5 becuase vampires are expected to drink human blood unless they want to be vegetarian vampires and that implies hunger or moments of need.

Methusaleah thirst or vitae addiction?
        In my games Matusaleah thirst is a supernatural bane that only elders of low humanity/path rating (2 or below) can suffer , it is very rare and so it would be.What it is more common it´s vitae addiction , those who drink vitae frecuently and have low Willpower usually devolop dependency towards vitae losing 1 dice to all rolls including frenzy if they don´t drink the precious juice for more nights than their humanity dots but the worst it´s that if they where to suffer hunger frenzy oh boy they will seek to fill that thirst with some old vitae and that´s scary.

Does that mean that my elders do not drink vitae?
        Some of they do becuase human blood only fills the blood pool up to 20 so if you want to be full powah drinking vitae is the only way and it is very easy to do so.You only have to ask a tax in blood to neonates and thin bloods in exchange of allowing them to live in your domain becuase even if your blood isnt thick enought to need it you can sell it to elders not to mention Vitae is also valious becuase it may allow you to learn out of clan disciplines so it is considerated a gourmet shit.

How do they deal with the blood bond?
        Blood bond needs a clash of wills roll of Blood Potency/Generation merit dots + Willpower and the expenditure of 1xp to operate becuase honestly you are getting an ally dot and can be induced by bitting like dracula did with mina harker or making them drink their vitae infused with the poison that creates the blood bond a substance that evaporates after 15 minutes outside the vampire body allowing blood traffic and scary elders + vitae junkies to exist.

1 Success gives you a +2 bonus to all your social rolls against your thrall and last for one year
        3 Success gives you a +2 bonus to all your rolls agaisnt your trhall who must make a degeneration check if you die and last for one year
        5 Success gives you a +5 bonus to all your rolls against your trhall who will automatically lost 1 humanity point if you die and last until the final death of the master.

Note:As bitting implies dominance so the one doing the kiss gets a bonus of +3 to any attemp of bloodbonding.
        Last edited by Leandro16; 07-23-2019, 04:05 PM.

Hunger pool

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
          One of the issues is the implication that methuselah’s thirst is inevitable, though high humanity and humane behavior can stave it off but age and diablerie accelerate it. And that most Antes are implied to have, or at least that it’s common I
          Perfect Essence, a level 9 Vicissitude power grants a bunch of killer bonuses. One of them is: "All vitae taken from a mortal victim also counts double." That would seem to be quite a contradiction if by this point you're supposed to only gain sustenance from other vampires, so I'd say it's highly optional. Keep in mind this is Vicissitude we're talking about, the trademark of clan Tzimisce, some of the most inhumane Kindred in the whole wide World of Darkness. I doubt it's all that tied in with Humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamweaver View Post

Perfect Essence, a level 9 Vicissitude power grants a bunch of killer bonuses. One of them is: "All vitae taken from a mortal victim also counts double." That would seem to be quite a contradiction if by this point you're supposed to only gain sustenance from other vampires, so I'd say it's highly optional. Keep in mind this is Vicissitude we're talking about, the trademark of clan Tzimisce, some of the most inhumane Kindred in the whole wide World of Darkness. I doubt it's all that tied in with Humanity.
            That is my point its very contradictory with how they portray things.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I'm not sure what the exact wording of the flaw is, but as i remember it, you can only gain blood from supernatural sources. Primarily kindred, but lupines and fey and potentially others are the only sources that will fill you or slake your hunger. How i've always read that is, you can wake up and drain a town, but unless there happens to be a supernatural in there, the weak blood will just start being pushed out of your body. Not via vomiting. Vomiting is not something i think a frenzying vampire should ever do, it defeats the puropose and tone. In my head, they bloat, their skin stretching and turning crimson, every movement forcing useless vitae out through their pores. They become a blood soaked nightmare.

As to the higher level powers.

Animalism 6, you get double from supernatural animals. I'm not a big werewolf fan, but i could see the wolf/cat/whatever breeding population having enough of a supernatural element in it to make it a potential source, do wolfs have the equivalent to kinfolk?. Not very much, but a little. Also, and this is my Ars Magica side showing, particularly special or exceptional example of an animal, that might have counted as a source of Vis could be consumed for actual pool blood. Fey beasts? It all gets very crossoverish, but there are options to not make it worthless, just much less useful

The Vicissitude 9 power is much easier, all supernaturals other than vampires grant double blood. Assuming they have blood that is.

It's one of the worst flaws you can take, or give. But, as with any feeding flaw, it's based around being prepared...

Comment

In regards to the Animalism 6 power the easy answers are to either
                • Let them select a different Animalism 6 power (maybe having some in game time/roleplay to explain "retraining" the power)
                • Refund the XP spent on Animalism 6 assuming they do not also have Animalism 7

Comment

I bet a V8 would help with that thirst for the red stuff.

Comment

While true, in the new setting that just means you can have them take other similar powers.

An Antediluvian or other being may not be able to feed off of the same level of blood but it's just one power when you can buy new ones.
                    In V20 and before, or V5, it can still come about that a power you have chosen/bought suddenly becomes completely useless - Animal succulence in V5 still has a cap on how high your BP is before it stops working, and you get no replacement.

The old level 6 Animalism power (25-35 XP) just becomes an XP Sink if the GM assigns you Methuselah's Thirst.

Letting the powers change to another of the same level, or refunding is a good solution, but it's not in there as a standard thing

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                      In V20 and before, or V5, it can still come about that a power you have chosen/bought suddenly becomes completely useless - Animal succulence in V5 still has a cap on how high your BP is before it stops working, and you get no replacement.

The old level 6 Animalism power (25-35 XP) just becomes an XP Sink if the GM assigns you Methuselah's Thirst.

Letting the powers change to another of the same level, or refunding is a good solution, but it's not in there as a standard thing
                      True but it's a question of whether you find it worth the gaming experience of the curse.

Losing some of your powers is a sucky thing but the roleplaying opportunities are what's its really about.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

You could always make it more akin to the secondary curse for the Niktuku. They can feed off humans, but don't gain as much whereas feeding from a vampire gives the normal amount.

Comment

True but it's a question of whether you find it worth the gaming experience of the curse.

Losing some of your powers is a sucky thing but the roleplaying opportunities are what's its really about.
                          I agree with the experience, but stripping XP from a character (which you effectively are if a power no longer works at all) is a very different experience. That's the bit that Blows Goats, the rest I can view as roleplaying opportunity,

Comment

Working...
                          X