The Lady Gamer talks "The Sacrifice" in Chicago by Night 5E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lady Gamer talks "The Sacrifice" in Chicago by Night 5E

I thought everyone would enjoy this short video by her about my favorite part of Chicago by Night 5E.

Which is ALMOST out!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

I very much liked Malenkov but the irony is that between Sierra and him, I think Sierra is the far more dangerous. Malenkov is a murderous Sabbat Templar and an all round piece of crap but he's a man of his word(ish) and straight forward. Sierra shows exactly how she treats her "friends" with what she does to Malenkov. There's a lot of really good moments spread throughout the story and twists the tale can take, truly. In the end, you leave it up in the air whether players might want the Lasombra to join the Camarilla to save it--or destroy it from within.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Malenkov is kind of tied to his fate and personality as a perpetual asshole. He's been brainwashed by the Sabbat for decades. He doesn't know any life outside of carnage.

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
        Malenkov is kind of tied to his fate and personality as a perpetual asshole. He's been brainwashed by the Sabbat for decades. He doesn't know any life outside of carnage.
        Very true. I am thinking that it will be a real argument, though when I run the Sacrifice between those who want to kill Malenkov by handing him over to Sierra and those who want to hand him over to the Anarchs.

Because Malenkov is a die-hard psychopath and a monster but maybe that's what the Anarchs need right now. Especially if Kevin Jackson is purging them

"Want to go kill the Prince?"
        "Okay. I'll go kill all of his ghouls. Gimme an hour."

Mind you, overlooking massacring a brothel would be a bit.....much.

When I first ran the game, the Anarch PCs supported the Lasombra joining the Camarilla and handed him over. Why? Because they felt the Lasombra would do more damage to the Camarilla internally than they ever would strengthen it.

Comment

Something i pointed out before but bears repeating. Is that at the end despite being the most monstrous character in chicago. Malenkov has the moral high ground. When he's about to be executed he condemns all Vampires present on their callousness and cruelty. they are condemning the lasombra elders to death,not in self defense,not in a war not even because the elders have it coming but for political and personal gain
          And Makenkov is right in doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
            Something i pointed out before but bears repeating. Is that at the end despite being the most monstrous character in chicago. Malenkov has the moral high ground. When he's about to be executed he condemns all Vampires present on their callousness and cruelty. they are condemning the lasombra elders to death,not in self defense,not in a war not even because the elders have it coming but for political and personal gain
            And Makenkov is right in doing so.
            A bit like Rorshach at the end of Watchmen, he has no ground to stand on as a guy who just carried out a massacre but he's not WRONG either.

Comment

Working...
            X