Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing a vampire back to unlife after being destroyed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kael03 View Post
    Aside from stupidly broken abilities like Viscissitude 10, whatever Cappadocious used to "survive", or the will to overpower a diablerist, generally final death is final.

Funnily enough, 1st edition of Requiem had a character who was allegedly brought back from Final Death by the leader of the CotC.

I know that's not Masquerade, but thought it might be worth mentioning. With all the crazy stuff that Blood Sorcery can do, I'm sure there are some rituals out there which can get the job done!

Comment

IIRC in DAV 20, Viscissitude 5 "Tje Body Impolitic" could be used to cheat final death.

By splitting off a part of your body and hiding it with trusted servants, you could reconstitute yourself from that part (given blood and time) should your main body be destroyed.

In addition, the Tremere Regent in my campaign has for the past 150yrs been fervently working on a ritual which seeks to cheat final death. But as I suspect my players prowl this forum, I must refrain from sharing the details.

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

The Body Impolitic allows you to sever a portion of your body with a part of your will infused in it so it can do your bidding independent of your own actions. Doesn't allow full body regeneration. The only power of Vicissitude that allows full body regeneration is Reform Body, which is 10th level.

Comment

Originally posted by Kael03 View Post
          The Body Impolitic allows you to sever a portion of your body with a part of your will infused in it so it can do your bidding independent of your own actions. Doesn't allow full body regeneration. The only power of Vicissitude that allows full body regeneration is Reform Body, which is 10th level.
          "So long as the Tzimisce has a living extremity tucked away somewhere, she can't be fully killed and may be able to reconstruct herself given time"

The power does heavily suggest this is possible, although i think you'd need something like Graft Life to Life to make it a valid strategy...

Comment

Originally posted by jamiemalk View Post

"So long as the Tzimisce has a living extremity tucked away somewhere, she can't be fully killed and may be able to reconstruct herself given time"

The power does heavily suggest this is possible, although i think you'd need something like Graft Life to Life to make it a valid strategy...
            Can't you regrow limbs via blood healing? Lots and lots and lots of healing?

Comment

Yes you can. You regrow them as aggravated wounds iirc, meaning 5 points of blood.

Comment

The question is how does a disembodied head or a couple of pints of blood in a container obtain more blood with which to reconstitute itself? One had better be VERY sure of the loyalty of any servants entrusted with that kind of failsafe.

Comment

The plan i thought of as soon as i read Body Impolitic was to use Graft Life to Life to add eyes, ears, teeth ect to a limb that you'd Vissed into a miniature version of yourself. Basically a homunculus waiting to use if the main body got ashed. Graft could also be used to replace the limb you've removed, or, even better, add one before you start the modifications.

Comment

I was sure that there was some obscure Serpentis power that would resurrect a vampire...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                      The question is how does a disembodied head or a couple of pints of blood in a container obtain more blood with which to reconstitute itself? One had better be VERY sure of the loyalty of any servants entrusted with that kind of failsafe.
                      In a DA Chronicle I played, I was a Tzimisce Knight who served an old-as-balls Cappadocian. This Cappadocian was an oracle, so he could know if I was killed through clairvoyance.
                      So in that case it wasn't liyal servants, but a self-centered master who wanted to keep his toys beyond death.

Comment

Archmages can do it, but they can do a lot of impossible things.

I’m against the idea of Vampires b big able to revive the dead as is. I would allow however Necromancy or Sorcerers to transform a dead vampires spirit into something like a demon or odd entity.

And Visc 10 was for reincarnation of the self and not others. The Eldest was smote to ash by Samael and used it to reincarnate after hundreds of years gestating in Preggo Dracon.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

From a purely storytelling point of view, I'm more for vampires finding ways to dodge death and destruction rather than outright undoing it after the fact. For complete reconstitution and revival of themselves, I prefer it to come at some great cost and/or take an immense amount of time. You can call Reform Body "stupidly overpowered" all you want — it's an Antediluvian power. It's supposed to be stupidly OP. It's not something players are going to get unless you let them, but by that point you've got bigger concerns for your chronicle.

Bringing someone back from the dead and doing it in a way that doesn't turn them into some sort of broken shell or a hideous city eating abomination should be the focus of a story, not a side plot or mere power to obtain.

Originally posted by Eldagusto
                          And Visc 10 was for reincarnation of the self and not others. The Eldest was smote to ash by Samael and used it to reincarnate after hundreds of years gestating in Preggo Dracon.
                          I thought it was only 9 months, but he was reborn basically like an infant and needed time to fully become himself again? Either way, that method was quite bizarre and it has a number of snags one could get caught up in. That interpretation certainly leaves you at the mercy of others that need to care for you, so if you're watched by a disloyal follower...

Either way, it's certainly keeping true to the body horror nature Vicissitude represents.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamweaver View Post

Can't you regrow limbs via blood healing? Lots and lots and lots of healing?

Yep, form a secondary mouth, or use your blood vessels like a lamprey to siphon blood from people, and wait for your vampiric regeneration to rebuild what was lost.
                            Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-31-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Yep, form a secondary mouth a mouth, or use your blood vessels like a lamprey to siphon blood from people, and wait for your vampiric regeneration to rebuild what was lost.
                              Now you just need some Movement of the Mind and you can basically be a Pennangalan.

Comment

Also, a hillarious way to escape a dangerous situation, and basically "cheat death":
                                Thanatosis 3, Ashes to Ashes.
                                If you're in a fight going southwards, just ready a use of the power and wait to get hit. When that happens, "die" by being reduced to ashes. Chances are your enemies will leave and move on, allowing you to "ressurect" yourself.
                                What can make the trick even more effective is that Samedi have a reputation as pseudo-Cappadocians and Necromancers, helping you appear as an unkillable blood god when your enemies see you alive once more.

Comment

Working...
                                X