X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    Some pretty obvious ones that I am happy to share:

Movies

* Lost Boys - Could be Anarchs but they're a Pack that lives together, has a Priest, and kills indiscriminately.

* Near Dark - One of the original inspirations for the Sabbat. Redneck trashy vampires killing indiscriminately (sensing a theme?)

* John Carpenter's Vampires - Just a bunch of nasty psychotic undead with their religious heretic leader.

* Salem's Lot: Just how terrible it can get in a town if they decide to Mass Embrace with no regard to the Masquerade.

* From Dusk til Dawn: The original. Accept no substitutes. My idea is they were making shovelheads that night and were usually more discriminate about mass killing.

* 30 Days of Night: The comic is actually better in that at one point an Elder comes out and goes, "You fucking idiots! Do you not realize how stupid this is?"

* House of a 1000 Corpses: Not vampires but every other way it's the Sabbat.

Books

* The Dresden Files: Lara Raith is a very good Lasombra or Toreador Antitribu.

Music

CRY LITTLE SISTER - Lost Boys

DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS - Halestorm

HEMOGLOBIN - Beborn Benton

Mind you, this indicates my opinion of the Sabbat is not terribly....high.

Near Dark was one of the best <3

I am a musician and rapper. I love to love rap. My favourite rapper is juice wrld 999.

Comment

I'm going to add Anne Rice's "Interview with a Vampire", before you say: "That's more Camarilla", I will note Armand's Theater of the Vampires, living in a crypt, boxing up Louis, etc. In fact, in the novel, those vampires refer to their society as "the Sabbat." Look at how horrible Louis and Claudia find their display--I've always liked that as a contrast between the Camarilla and the Sabbat.

Comment

Another vote for Near Dark, here. I'm running a nomadic Sabbat game right now and made all my players watch it before we played.

Awhile back I posted some of the songs in another thread I'm using for the soundtrack
        http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...38#post1407238

Comment

The Big Lebowski

Seven.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

Comment

Near Dark, as several have mentioned.

Assault on Precinct 13 (the original; not the remake)

Doctor Sleep, for the True Knot.

The cult from Lord of Illusions.

Blade II, as the vampire "special forces" team is pretty much what Black Hand packs were expected to look like in the late 90s.

The Hills Have Eyes (the original version)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (again, the original version)

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Everyone realizes the original post was from a year ago, right?

Comment

Um, now that you mention it, I did not.

Comment

we're just bored

-

Comment

And people other than the original poster may get some mileage out of the various suggestions.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                    X