X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Brujah

True Brujah

So, I’ve been drinking….

Anyway, I have been bouncing around ideas about the True Brujah for a week or so. I’m too busy with other projects – I have my next five writing projects lined up – to actually tackle this for a project for the Vault.

But I’ve still been thinking about them.

I think the problem with them is similar to the problem with the Baali. That is to say, they are conceptually not suited for player user, but they get mechanically bent (in terms of game rules) to make it possible. In getting mechanically bent, they become something like Vampire-Vulcan-Time Lords. Which doesn’t work very well.

A solution to this is to stop permitting their (plausible) use by players. They are just an NPC type.

They also have considerable time manipulations power. And they will help those who ask for help, in term of changing a situation.

However, the caveat is they are all utter bastards – they are the time travel version of the Monkey’s Paw. Yes, you might deal with them, and they might honor the letter of any agreement made. But you – the PCs that is – will be utterly wrecked by any such deal. They are not Sam Beckett, leaping from life to life, to set right what once went wrong. They are the opposite of that. And they usually prefer the personal touching, utterly ruining a life as compared to toppling an empire into chaos.

The clan flaws include being anhedonic.

Also, their ability to use Temporis is limited in a waylike time travel in the movie Primer. None of them can travel beyond the bounds of their own unlife, not to before they became vampire and not after their own final death.

They are connected to the Yith, but in what role and to what extent I’m not certain.

When i use time travel i use it according to the multiverse theory , you can´t change events that already have ocurred becuase without them you woulnd´t have time travelled in the first place.

So you can´t change your timeline only create new ones.

Hunger pool

Comment

You are solving an air-breathing mermaid problem.

The weakest time travel power Trujah have, summoning a historically insignificant object from the past, is a level 8 power in V20. Meaning that only 5th and 4th generation Trujah get involved in any time travel shenanigans at all. Considering that any 5th and 4th generation NPC is essentially a plot device, I don't see a problem. No PC Trujah will get involved in time travel shenanigans. 99.9% NPC Trujah will not get involved in time travel shenanigans.

You can easily fold first six levels of Temporis into Necromancy (entropy control) with only minor fluff changes.
      Last edited by Kammerer; 08-02-2019, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I understand that they actually were designed more as NPCs, and that they broadened to be more PC as any vampire introduced will be demanded to be a player option. So they were made solidly playable. And Temporalis isn't really that gamebreaking as a time control power. Most of the powers are tricks to give you an advantage either in a scene or collecting info. Only the Mightiest of powers available to Methuselahs start to approach time shenanigans. It doesn't quite work like flexible ritualistic magic, its specific tricks, just like Dominate isn't a mind sphere its specific psychic tricks.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I respect your opinions, and enjoy reading your posts. I'm having some difficulty understanding what you're getting at. I don't mean I disagree; I mean I don't understand.

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
          I think the problem with them is similar to the problem with the Baali. That is to say, they are conceptually not suited for player user, but they get mechanically bent (in terms of game rules) to make it possible.
          Why are they "not conceptually suited"? There are lots of bloodlines and clans with dubious connections to either traditional or cinematic vampire mythology. (eg: Where did crazy vampires come from? Or, three-eyed vampires?)

In what ways are they "mechanically bent"?

In getting mechanically bent, they become something like Vampire-Vulcan-Time Lords. Which doesn’t work very well.
          I dunno. Vampires, we all like. Vulcans and Time Lords are both from much more popular franchises, so... maybe, good synergy?

A solution to this is to stop permitting their (plausible) use by players. They are just an NPC type.
          Forbid a player choice. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I guess that solves it. Not the most elegant solution, but a solution.

They also have considerable time manipulations power. And they will help those who ask for help, in term of changing a situation.
          So... they become a deus ex machina... umm, deus ex temporum? Accomplishing tasks pcs can't accomplish. Completing quests the pcs can't complete. Sounds like things get much easier for the pcs. Makes the pcs sound kind of boring. Can I play one of the Trujah, so I can do cool stuff instead of going to someone more powerful to do it all for me? Oh, right, you already said no.

However, the caveat is they are all utter bastards
          I'm pretty certain saying that someone in the WoD is an utter bastard is redundant.

– they are the time travel version of the Monkey’s Paw. Yes, you might deal with them, and they might honor the letter of any agreement made. But you – the PCs that is – will be utterly wrecked by any such deal. They are not Sam Beckett, leaping from life to life, to set right what once went wrong. They are the opposite of that. And they usually prefer the personal touching, utterly ruining a life as compared to toppling an empire into chaos.
          So, "succeed at a cost"?

The clan flaws include being anhedonic.
          In canon fluff, it already does.

Also, their ability to use Temporis is limited in a waylike time travel in the movie Primer. None of them can travel beyond the bounds of their own unlife, not to before they became vampire and not after their own final death.
          I kind of like this, but how do you do it in practice? If all Trujah know the date of their death, how do you run that when the pcs attack the Trujah "too soon"? Is the Trujah invulnerable until then?

They are connected to the Yith, but in what role and to what extent I’m not certain.
          Umm, okay. Not sure how to combine those genres. Maybe, the new player's guide will have Yith?

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
            I don't mean I disagree; I mean I don't understand.
            As I posted originally;

So, I’ve been drinking….

Moving on.

In what ways are they "mechanically bent"?
            The True Brujah first appeared in the old Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand book, which was at best controversial and widely disliked. They were as broken and odd as anything else in that book, which also had the Black Hand working like some kind of Undead Superfriends in protecting humans and battling alien parasite monsters. For every decent idea the book presented, it gave two or three WTF ideas.

Temporis would be heavily revised and toned down in terms of power. The True Brujah were never a good fit – see my next comments below – but game designers did the best they could to make them acceptable as a player option. This is how they are mechanically bent.

Perhaps the game writers should have doubled down on the gonzo.

I dunno. Vampires, we all like. Vulcans and Time Lords are both from much more popular franchises, so... maybe, good synergy?
            They are popular, and distinctly separate, genres and franchises. Combinging them is not, metaphorically speaking, combining peanut butter and chocolate, but combing chocolate, and say, pork rinds and butter. Which is to say, it will not appeal to many people.

[QUOTE=Nosimplehiway;n1329032]Forbid a player choice. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I guess that solves it. Not the most elegant solution, but a solution.[quote]

It was pointed out, above, is that the Baali appeal to the players who should not be given permission to run a Baali. That is, players who would use the Baali to creative large, and potentially game ending, disruptions. They would use the bloodline as an excuse to be a horse’s ass at the table.

The True Brujah, as originally conceived, were much the same. They have been retooled and a lot of their game breaking powers stripped from them. Rather than toning them down and permitting them for the player, keep then a mad and wonky – just limit them to the Storyteller. That keeps them interesting, but means they cannot (easily) be used by a player to burn the game down.

So... they become a deus ex machina...
            More of a Diablo ex machina. I am recasting them from pseudo-Time Lords or Monitors (of DC comics) into devils with temporal powers. You make a deal with them and it will cost you.

I'm pretty certain saying that someone in the WoD is an utter bastard is redundant.
            It’s a point worth reiterating.

So, "succeed at a cost"?
            Yes.

In canon fluff, it already does.
            There is a difference between being emotionless or semi-emotionless and being anhedonic. The anhedonic can still feel rage, hate, misery, disgust, green, and so on. They simply cannot feel joy, love, happiness, and so forth.

I kind of like this, but how do you do it in practice? If all Trujah know the date of their death, how do you run that when the pcs attack the Trujah "too soon"? Is the Trujah invulnerable until then?
            This is part of them being restricted to NPC status – players would not have to worry about it.

Umm, okay. Not sure how to combine those genres. Maybe, the new player's guide will have Yith?
            Actually, I did that – made the Yith into a template – myself.

Comment

Not that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with anything in this thread overall—mostly because I don't play as or use True Brujah at all in my games—but if we're going to use arguments like "disruptive players will use them to be disruptive" then Malkavians should have gotten axed a looong time ago. A player that wants to be a horse's ass will be a horse's ass, regardless of which breeds are banned or allowed in the game. Your job as a player is to be responsible and not impede the fun of others at the table and your job as GM is to put a tight leash on troublesome players or outright boot them from your table, not try to find in-game solutions because the problem lies strictly outside the game.

Comment

Grumpy RPG Reviews

Mmmmm. Salty... crunchy... chocolatey...

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Oh, right, I was about to agree the Trujah are broken and need fixed. May I jump on the bandwagon of wishing Troile had finished the job?

I don't dislike the overall concept of a bloodline that preceded the modern Brujah, and contrasts with them. The Brujah stole their clan status, and are imposters. The Trujah would serve as foils for the Brujah, if they were ever seen together in a chronicle. Unfortunately, the canon Trujah are often reclusive, and so fail to serve their main purpose.

Their disciplines make no sense. If Celerity grew out of Temporis, how did other clans, which we know were contemporaneous, have Celerity already? How does a line whose weakness is approximately "they have no emotions", wind up having Presence, a discipline whose entire concept is based on projecting and manipulating emotions? Oh, and they're scholars, yet lack the one discipline common to scholarly clans: Auspex.

Speaking of disciplines, Temporis, as presented in crunch and fluff canon, is somewhat over-powered. The bigger issue is that if one chooses to run a game where the science of the WoD are the same as irl, the discipline would accidentally break physics, and possibly destroy the universe. A region of space with time stopped would look a lot like the event horizon of a black hole. I know some people out there like to just handwave and say, "Oh, for God's sake, they're vampires. It's magic!" I won't tell them how to play, if they do me the same courtesy. I like to run a game where the laws of the fictional world approximate the same physical laws as irl, unless intentionally contradicted. I prefer as little suspension of disbelief as possible. Temporis breaks my world.

Back to the Trujah flaw. It sucks, hard. It leads to one of a two outcomes. Some players will take the raw and play it as a character with no sense of empathy or morality, basically running the worst stereotype of a sociopath as an excuse to abuse fellow pcs. In an ST's hands, it's hard to find a motivation for an npc with no emotions. This leaves the Trujah as one of two types: a heartless chaos demon, or a disengaged automaton. Neither is narratively helpful in a ttrpg.

So, let's see if we can put some lipstick on this pig.

Option #1: Yours. Make them even more outrageous, but only as non-playable characters. How do you enforce this? It's kind of traditional in ttrpgs that if you build it, players will want to play it.

Option #2: Use the Trujah origins in The-Book-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named as an excuse. That book had chagen as elders. This is a useful fact, because it implies elder-hood is a prerequisite. Some bloodlines are so reluctant to embrace, so close in generation to their creator, and have so few young members, that they are, by definition, an elder bloodline. If your ST is running an elder game, fine, play a Trujah. If building as a bog standard 7/5/3 character, nope. The bloodline wouldn't take someone so worthless.

Option #3: Trujah exist. Their disciplines are Celerity, Potence, and Presence, and they have their canon Vulcan weakness. (Precedent: Toreador and their antitribu have the same disciplines, but different weakness.) Temporis exists, but is not an in-clan discipline, and not universally available. (Precedent: Setite Sorcery)

Option #4: Homebrew hijinx. May I suggest making this:

True Brujah
                Brujah was known in the First City a: 𐩱 𐩨 𐩺𐩭 𐩧 𐩪𐩧 𐩢 𐩣

This can be transliterated from Proto-Semitic as Aby-Hrs-Rhm. Roughly translated, "seeks mercy through silence", which is appropriate.

Early in the First City, Caine saw himself and his childer make mistakes. They were prone to rash decision-making. They needed a means to pump the brakes, and take time to think about their actions. Aby-Hrs-Rhm was embraced to serve the role of devil's advocate. Any policy or action proposed by Caine's inner circle was required to first be presented to her for constructive criticism. She didn't have veto power, of course, but the process required the rulers to clearly enunciate and explain their plans. Given the delicate (and dangerous) nature of Aby-Hrs-Rhm's job, it was deemed necessary to remove her capacity to express pique, impatience, or any other emotion which might make her seems less than impartial in her role. She, herself, asked Caine to have mercy upon her and grant her a reduced capacity for emotional expression, for her own safety.

She took part in the uprising against the 2nd gen, and helped rebuild the Second City. She, and her childer, served a similar role there. In her vast library was held wisdom from across the known world, and fellow 3rd gens would often consult with her on delicate matters.

After the fall of the Second City, she and her brood settled in Mari. There they established a center of erudition, and continued to perform their advisory duties for mortal rulers. During the tumult of the Late Bronze Age Collapse, it was decided she needed to spawn a bloodline which could engage more actively in the defense of the clan. Thus, their clan flaw was turned on its head to create the modern Brujah, the first of whom was a native of Troy nicknamed Troile. He was considered as learned as a great warrior might expect to be.

(Insert the inevitable... and needlessly convoluted plotted... overthrow of the elder.)

The half-dozen survivors agreed to flee as far as possible, in hopes of preserving the line. Some took refuge among the Banu Haqim, others fled to the east, or to Africa. Some waded into the ocean depths and entered torpor.

By the modern nights, the few surviving True Brujah are a clan of scholars, engineers, and advisors.

Nicknames: Sages (among themselves), Robots (among other vampires who are aware of them)

Sect: Functionally independent, as their weakness makes it difficult to build sect ties. They follow the rules of the territory where they happen to reside, and so manage to co-exist with the Camarilla and Anarchs. The Sabbat is difficult for the Sages, as they lack the ability to show fervor. No matter how thoroughly the vaulderie binds them to their packmates, no one believes their seemingly half-hearted devotion.

The True Brujah have good relations with Assamites, especially Viziers. Elder Sages are often prominent members of the True Hand, though not suited to leadership.

Appearance: After Troile's uprising, True Brujah fled to Greece, North Africa, and India. They broods behind with features from these places. In modern nights, they care little for a childe's ethnicity or beauty. Most dress in simple, business-casual styles which is the least jarring with their flattened emotions.

Havens: Scribes tend to be paranoid about their security, and choose isolated homes. Most maintain multiple Havens, often far from the others, in case they need to flee. They favor smaller cities on the outskirts of big cities, preferably with a university or research lab.

Background: Most embrace among scholars and auto-didacts. They have a special preference for those with wide-ranging interests and a general capacity to learn, rather than a narrow specialty. They reason that needed specialties can be learned later. They don't value physical prowess or youth, as their disciplines will fill in any gaps. True Brujah, therefore, are notably older and more likely to have minor physical handicaps than the average vampire.

Character Creation: Mental attributes and Knowledges are nearly always primary. True Brujah sires instruct their childer in a wide range of practical skills, including combat, but only to low levels. For such a small bloodline, it just isn't practical to over-specialize.

Common backgrounds include Resources (mostly in the form of libraries, equipment, and research spaces, as Sages disdain useless luxury or status symbols), Contacts among academia, and a Mentor. A Retainer who is socially skilled is useful as an envoy to mortals. Alternate Identity is common among those hiding among other clans, usually Ventrue, Toreador, or Banu Haqim. Allies, Sabbat Status, and Influence are rare among the Sages, as they have difficulty building the necessary relationships.

A bare majority follow Humanity, with an emphasis on the Ashirra Path of Community. This is mostly by default, as they lack close ties to other vampires who might initiate them on other Paths. A brood of True Brujah based in a monastery in Srinigar willingly (though, for obvious reasons, not happily) teach their own Path of the Scorched Heart to any vampire who is able to travel to them. Other Paths known to exist among the True Brujah include Power and the Inner Voice, Honorable Accord, and Self-Focus.

Disciplines: Auspex, Celerity, Potence
                Weakness: True Brujah suffer from a severely flattened emotional affect. Internally, they experience the full range of emotions, but can never express these openly. On the inside, they may be laughing, crying, or screaming, but on the outside, their face is forever a frozen mask. Increase by +2 the difficulty of all skill rolls where the expression of emotion may be helpful, such as public-speaking, seduction, intimidation, or presenting oneself as forthright and loyal.

Organization: True Brujah find one another just as emotionally distant and off-putting as those not of the bloodline do. As a result, they tend to be solitary creatures, or, at most, a sire and their childer working together on a common project. It's common for childer to spend a decade or two after their release in service to an acquaintance of their sire, in a manner similar to an apprenticeship. They maintain their own Haven and affairs, and this Mentorship resembles nothing so much as an academic advisor.

Elders, especially those recently arisen from torpor, have the right to call for a seminar. These meetings purport to be for the Elder's instruction in some academic or scientific topic, always limited by some date after which knowledge of the subject is not assumed. Recent topics have included "Advances in Biology and Medicine, since 1869", "Library Sciences and Computerized Information Storage and Retrieval, since 1974", or "The State of Kindred Politics in the Eastern United States and Canada, since the Sabbat advances of the late 90's". Seminars are planned months or years in advance, and serve an important social function within the bloodline. Any True Brujah who learns of such an upcoming event is expected to invite as many fellows as possible. At the Seminar's closing banquet, the hosting elder awards a prize of some sort to the one or two Sages who did the best job of bringing the elder up-to-date on recent areas of research. Much Prestige is held by those so honored. (Of course, the adulation is quite muted, regardless of the sincerity.) The hosting elder gains (or loses) prestige based on the size of the prize awarded, the smooth running of the seminar's logistics, and the number of Sages who choose to attend.

Once a century or so, a group of the most powerful elders (some wags dryly jape the most bored elders) jointly call for a seminar the topic of which is always "Directions and Policies of the True Heirs of Brujah for the Upcoming Age". This takes the same basic form as a standard seminar, but focused on the general direction of the bloodline. Attendance at these meetings is surprisingly sparse, mostly composed of representatives of factions within the bloodline. For one thing, such a meeting makes a convenient target for bloodline enemies, and few Sages wish to risk their unlives for a policy debate. For another, the consensus-based and committee-approved Plenary Statement tends to be toothless and rather milquetoast. The Assembly held concurrently with the London Exposition of 1851 declared, in its complete text, "Benefit from technology". The comparatively verbose 1928 Assembly declared, "Increase our numbers, and expand our presence into new territories". An Assembly has been scheduled to be held in Dubai in three years time.

Stereotypes:
                Camarilla: This is a needlessly over-complicated system, though I respect that it seems to work for them. I am not gifted in the skills needed for Elysium, however. So, my goal is an entrance with no fanfare, a presence with no notice, and an exit with no obligations. They call me aloof. I can't imagine why.
                Sabbat: Like a some-assembly-required book case that was put together without reading the directions. It looks big and sturdy, but one little push...
                Anarchs: The places where they hold sway resemble the social and political structures common among vampires before the rise of the Camarilla. Is an Ancient somewhere writing a nostalgic script?

Assamites: We owe them a debt, since they helped us hide during Troile's purge. Treat them like a relative to whom you owe money.
                Brujah: Who? Oh, you mean the Troileans. Ever read Frankenstein? One can sympathize with the monster being a failed experiment that exists on the edge of a rampage, but you still wouldn't invite him into your parlor. No, you avoid the monster, and send pitchforks and torches when convenient.
                Followers of Set: We do not feed the trolls. As a result they leave us alone.
                Gangrel: We both enjoy a quiet domain, but for different reasons. Don't invite these neighbors in if you have nice carpets. You can listen to their stories on the porch.
                Giovanni: They'd hate to hear it, but same as the Gangrel. Except, it's harder to remove the stains they leave behind.
                Lasombra: How do they have no idea why much of their clan culture is based on killing one another? I guess chess trains you to ignore everything but the game in front of you? They should look upward once in a while.
                Malkavian: I have to hand it to Malkav, he figured out how to hide in plain sight.
                Nosferatu: Surprisingly decent people, and a lot like us. Should we tell them about the Nicktuku? They'd never believe us, anyway.
                Ravnos: Treat them with the dignity they haven't earned, and hurry them on their way.
                Toreador: Like us, but the exact opposite. We act like automatons on the outside.
                Tremere: Gargoyles, really? Those who don't learn from the past...
                Tzimisce: The more I learn about Earth's microbiome, the scarier he gets. Yes, I meant to use the singular.
                Ventrue: Yes, sir. No, sir. Very good, sir. Did I hear you say you are an enemy of the Troil... I mean, the Brujah? Can you spare a moment for a chat, sir?

Baali: Oh, yes, that plan could definitely work, but then what? And, after that?
                Caitiff: I hid as one of these for a few months. Brain surgery is easier. Respect.
                Cappadocians: Work with them, but don't get involved in their family dramas.
                Kiasyd: Masters of semaphore in the dark.
                Old Clan Tzimisce: Whenever I feel like I have family problems, I spend some time chatting with my friends from Transylvania. Puts things in perspective.
                Salubri: Are you familiar with the psychology of the adult children of alcoholics? May I suggest al-anon?

The View From the Outside:

Camarilla: I've heard the old stories, of course. No, there are none in this domain. My advisor, Josiah? No, he's just quiet is all. Shy. He told me he's a burnt out Toreador, but I think he's a Malk.
                Sabbat: Oh, they're real, alright. Never, ever show them any attention. It's like feeding a stray cat. One joined up a few years back. Made True Sabbat, took the vaulderie, and everything. He was cold, though, man. Not like hard-ass killer-cold, just empty inside. I think they're fucked up aliens or something, not vampires. We tried to ditch him in Tulsa, but he didn't take the hint. Followed us for months. He'd just watch us from the fringes of our camps, but Joey said we couldn't kill him 'cause he was technically Sabbat. Finally, we just started seeing him less and less, and further and further away.
                Anarchs: Not to be racist about blood heritage, or anything, but... the so-called "true" Brujah are lard-ass free-riders. They let the rest of us fight, and they expect to be in on the freedom we win. Even when they do contribute, they just go through the motions. Buddy, this here's a union shop! Sign the card, pay your dues, or get out.
                True Hand: As their name implies, Brujah's true heirs have remained loyal to her mission. We welcome them with open arms, and they... shrug, give a vague thank you, and make half-hearted motions toward their missions. Useless as tits on a bull, but what can we do? They're legacy admissions.
                Inconnu: I met a True Brujah a few years back in Kiev. She said she needed sanctuary from some people who were following her. She talked to me like she was conducting a survey. All business, nothing personal. Fine, vampires are slow to open up, but she had all the personality of the voice that gives gps directions. I tried reading her mind to figure her deal. Don't do it! Oh, God. Inside, she was screaming and wailing and terrified. It was like opening a door and finding hell. I put her out of her misery.

Now. If I can just find a candy online called "Crunchy and fluffy cannons", because that sounds delicious.

Comment

Impressive ideas.

I like the Great Race of Yith and Brujah being tied together more than the backstory they're yet another angry Clan Remnant. You could even have the Bloodline origin be what happens when someone possessed by a Yith is Embraced.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I feel that the issue with the True Brujah and the Baali isn't that they aren't viable for player use, but instead are not viable for some types of players. Most clans and bloodlines tend to have a preconceived notion of how they should be played. Brujah are rebels in general, gangrel are honorary furries, toreador are drama queens, etc.

But the True Brujah and Baali are both mechanically and fluff wise designed to be used by players who have grander ambitions than playing a character. The player who fits these clans are the "wheels within wheels" types who look at the game world and see it as less of a setting and more of a lego set, to be torn down or rebuilt as they see fit.

Alternatively another way to see this sort of thing is what happens when you are running a game for a group of STs. Each has an in-depth level of knowledge about the setting and its mechanics, they are used to thinking in bigger picture terms, and complicated plots are more of an old habit than skill set. As such they can end up playing a 13th generation vampire a lot closer to something like an Abyssal Exalted or a Bond Villain than your average vampire.

While I agree that some of their mechanics could use some touching up, I feel it would a loss for the game to rework these clans into something else just for broader audience appeal. The more options we have for different play styles, the better.

Comment

I generally shy away players from True Brujah by indicating that it's not so much they can't be played that they are just not really very exciting to play.

How to play True Brujah properly

"So, what do True Brujah do?"

"Well, you're Embraced and expected to read for the next 200 years."

"Okay. I do that."

"Congratulations! You can now start cataloging your findings."

"When we do we get our revenge on the Troileites?"

"Gehenna. Oooh, won't they feel stupid when the other Antediluvians punish her and her spawn."

"Right. Anything else?"

"Masquerade as an Idealist Brujah in the Camarilla if you can. Debate night is biannual and you better believe it's going to be exciting this year. Comparative Carthagian lore with special guests Critias and Katerina the Wise!"

"Aren't they Troilests?"

"Yes, don't they feel stupid being fooled by us! REVENGE IS SWEET! We are so much smarter."

"What about time manipulation?"

"You'll always have time enough to read."

"What about feeding?"

"Mmmm, yummy! Straight from a vase enchanted in 2000 B.C. It directly drains the blood from vessels within a 200 mile radius from you. You never have to leave your library to hunt!"

"How about Camarilla politics?"

"You are still making up your mind if the Camarilla idea is a good one. Debates will end probably around the 22nd century. Obviously, the Tremere joining is a bad idea."

"So, True Brujah are Treants."

"With a dash of Unseen University. Yes."

No, I've never done this but this is my perception of the Clan's activities as a general rule.
                      Last edited by CTPhipps; 08-04-2019, 02:09 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

And that was the retool to make them playable.

My whiskey fueled thoughts the other night were to make them interesting and menacing, at the cost of being a PC option.

Comment

I'm not going to comment of anything else, but I'm curious about this one. Since they're timetravellers they live their life potentially "out of order".

Let's say a True Brujah is embraced in the year 1000. They will be 1000 years old by the time they die. But because they're timetravellers they've lived most of their lives in the timespan between 1000 and 1700. By 1700 they have spend an additional 300 years in the past, (or maybe their future at that point int heir live) and so are now 1000 years old. They've not tried interacting with themselves, or change their own past, but they observe different events etc, so they could be a version of them in Paris and one in London and another in the New World all on the same day. Eventually they go back to 1500, and die.

Which time are they limited to now?
                          1700 because that's the last time they "naturally lived to"?
                          1500 because that's where they actually died? So that would be rather confusing if the calendar switches to 1501 and they're still kicking
                          2000 because that would have been the time they live in if they'd lived it linearly?

I'm not sure its terribly important, but that's what popped into my mind

Comment

Quatar those are good points and good questions and I don't have an answer. The bit about only in their life was to limit their power. If you want to use a True Brujah to change the outcome of the Battle of Hastings, you would need to find a True Brujah who was a vampire during that time.

Comment

I'm very interested in this cuz my ST plays a Trujah.

Comment

Working...
                              X