V20 Shape of the beast stats and clothing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V20 Shape of the beast stats and clothing

How does the stats work in V20? It does say that you get easier perception rolls and +1 agg dmg but is that it? It feels pretty weak compared to the gangrel lore book which gives you that + increased attribute stats by 5 spread among str stam and dex.. Am I getting something wrong or what?

And do the clothes change with you or are you naked after transformation?
    Last edited by Slayerkarin; 08-05-2019, 09:11 AM.

Originally posted by Slayerkarin View Post
    And do the clothes change with you or are you naked after transformation?
    Clothes change with you, otherwise you'd have all sorts of issues with earth melding. Vicissitude, by contrast, specifically points out that things like Blood Form or Transcend the Flesh leave you naked, but Protean doesn't have this issue.

Comment

Where does it say anything about +5 between str, stam and dex? I've never seen that before

Comment

Though, by the time you have Blood Form you can have a body that looks like you are wearing clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
          Though, by the time you have Blood Form you can have a body that looks like you are wearing clothes.
          Oh yes. Quite right. Going au naturel has never been quite so stylish!

Comment

Originally posted by Quatar View Post
            Where does it say anything about +5 between str, stam and dex? I've never seen that before
            In the revised gangrel lorebook.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamweaver View Post

Clothes change with you, otherwise you'd have all sorts of issues with earth melding. Vicissitude, by contrast, specifically points out that things like Blood Form or Transcend the Flesh leave you naked, but Protean doesn't have this issue.
              Does it clearify it in the V20 Core rulebook or did you read it somewhere else because I'm trying to find it in the V20 Core rulebook and I'm having trouble finding it.

Comment

Does it clearify it in the V20 Core rulebook or did you read it somewhere else because I'm trying to find it in the V20 Core rulebook and I'm having trouble finding it.
                I believe it's on page 199.

Comment

I believe it's on page 199.
                  Yes it is but i cant find anywhere where it states that you keep your clothes in protean bit you don't in vicissitude. Thx for your replies, I don't mean to be a pain in the butt.

Comment

Yes it is but i cant find anywhere where it states that you keep your clothes in protean bit you don't in vicissitude. Thx for your replies, I don't mean to be a pain in the butt.
                    Players Guide to High Clans, page 162-163. Transcend the Flesh, a level 7 Vicissitude power states in this snippet:

"Walking through a wall or other solid object requires a minute in absolute concentration, the expenditure of a Willpower point and a Willpower roll (difficulty 8). This also results in a naked Tzimisce, unless the clothing he wears is made from living tissue."
                    Meanwhile, Protean's own level 7 power "Spectral Body" is honestly far better. It lets you remain completely as a "ghost", all your items on you, allowing you to walk through anything including the ground, floating in the air, etc. I think even fire doesn't hurt nearly as bad while in this state.

Next is the fact that the first three powers are about your body, your skin, your meat, your bones. It would take quite a leap in logic to argue that they apply to the clothing you're wearing, both with RAW or RAI. Horrid Form makes no mention of clothing, but I'd find it odd that it just jumps into morphing clothes, especially when one could argue the dramatic impact of "Hulking out" into Horrid Form through your clothing as you become an 8+ foot tall abomination. Blood Form makes no mention of clothing once again, but mentions your body parts and how much Vitae they equal up to or whatever. This, the nature of Vicissitude itself and the fact one power explicitly states you'll be nude should you use it tells me that Vicissitude shouldn't result in taking clothing and small items with you.

Meanwhile, Protean has Earth Meld, Shape of the Beast, and Mist Form, all of which shift you and your clothing. I guess you could run it that only your body shape-shifts, but it can be a pain using Earth Meld to hide when your entire outfit is left behind right over your hiding spot. Besides, plenty of Dracula related material shows him changing himself and his suit and lovely cape too. Alternatively, just use Vicissitude to make your own natural clothing and never worry about these silly questions ever again. Combine with Protean for extra good times.

Comment

Alternatively, just use Vicissitude to make your own natural clothing and never worry about these silly questions ever again. Combine with Protean for extra good times.
                      This was what I was about to say.

Seriously though, Vicissitude deals specifically with flesh, bones and viscera and will not affect clothes while Protean is more about supernatural shapeshifting, also like said Protean specifically calls out that it affects clothing and personal effects.

Originally posted by V20 p.199
                      The Kindred’s clothes and personal possession also change when he transformed (presumably absorbed within his very substance), although armor and the like do not provide any benefit while transformed.
                      Though there is a certain parody game about Vampires that has a power set that involves manipulation of clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                        Though there is a certain parody game about Vampires that has a power set that involves manipulation of clothing.
                        That seems oddly specific. Which game is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Draconis View Post

That seems oddly specific. Which game is this?
                          Bloodsucker: the Angst and more specifically its supplemental book Bloodsucker: the Batshit has those particular powers for their Sick Puppies Clique.

Comment

Working...
                          X