Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V5]So Orpheous group works for the NSA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V5]So Orpheous group works for the NSA?

Though this is partially Wraith crossover stuff, I thought about it’s implications on Vampire. It seems that it would make the 2i much scarier than what I first thought and makes more since how the NSA was able to crack shreicknet. Especially if they were using projectors and Wraiths to spy on the Nosferatu. This also means that the NSA was able to deal with the Giovanni much easier as they had agents on both sides of the shroud and I am wondering if we will see some fluff on this in the CotBGs book.

I don't think it's been confirmed for V5 yet.

In Orpheus, the Orpheus Group got it's start with support from the NSA. It's generally presented though that the NSA and Orpheus had a falling out when Orpheus went public, and the NSA used certain events to raid Orpheus HQ to cleanse any evidence of their involvement with them.

As such, I doubt Orpheus agents would be part of the SI.

That said, the NSA did come out of the Orpheus scenario with projector tech of their own, so it's not implausible for the SI to have projector agents.

Comment

Yes it has not been confrimed for V5 yet but Wr20 was being developed under the preview of WW while V5 was so i could see some idea they had about where Wraith's storyline was going ot be in line with teir thoughts at the time.

That being said acording to Wr20 it seems that the NSA never allowed Orpheus to go public, so this must be a retcon.

Page 472 Wr20:
      The NSA never allowed Orpheus to go public with their projectors and revelations about the Underworld, despite arguments from several important players.
      The NSA still employ Orpheus on the spying and wetwork missions so I could still see them as a part of the Umbrella that is the 2nd Inquisition.

Page 473 Wr20:
      Horrified, the NSA quietly decided to contract out Orpheus for their espionage and wetworks missions, a relationship that continues to this day.

All in all, I think this is a neat plot point that could be used in your V5 game with the Lasombra and Hecata having access to wraiths in the game.
      Last edited by Redwulfe; 08-14-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
        All in all, I think this is a neat plot point that could be used in your V5 game with the Lasombra and Hecata having access to wraiths in the game.
        It would make for a very interesting game for running the SI, or the Hecata.

Comment

Working...
        X