First Game Tremere Complications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Game Tremere Complications

So, it's my first vampaign, and the basic setting is the party is a bunch of shovelheads that woke up in the middle of a raid and will have the option to choose whether to align with the Sabbat or Camarilla. (There is no large scale Anarch community at the moment.)

The issue now is that one of my players wants to play a Tremere and I'm not sure how exactly to play it. I imagine that his Sire could have been kidnapped by the Sabbat and forced to sire a Tremere that is not bloodbound to the Pyramid, and thus could be used as a double agent.

However, I doubt my players will want to stay with the Sabbat, so how should I play them coming to the Camarilla? Will the Pyramid be willing to adopt them, or would they demand his execution? How should I treat their now non-existant weakness? Pretty much the only reference I have is VTMB, but I'm not certain how typical that would be.

The other issue is Thaumaturgy. The premier Discipline of the Clan (and the reason my player chose the Tremere in the first place) is pretty much out of reach until he can prove himself and earn the trust of the Tremere enough to gain a mentor, and that could be a long time to ask a player to wait.

Just trying to brainstorm, anyone have ideas how to play this?

Not sure when this is the Timeline:

* The Tremere was Embraced by a Tremere Antitribu. Except, he was Embraced by one who defected after the destruction of the Old TA so he doesn't have the Mark.

* The Tremere was Embraced by a Tremere deep cover agent who makes him an offer to join the Pyramid but tells him, "You screw up once and you're dead."

* The Tremere are running a bit low in the region and tell them that they have a choice to prove their value if:

1. They agree to join the Pyramid and accept the drinking of the Council's blood.

2. They do some unspecified service to the Regent in the favor.

Make it clear that if they turn this offer down, they will be considered Caitiff.

* The player characters can find a bunch of magical books belonging to their sire that can teach them the basics of Thaumaturgy. They will have to educate themselves in sorcery after this point.

* The player character was an occultist or hedge wizard beforehand.

* The player characters are capable of instinctively using Blood Magic but have no rituals. You need to have them find a source for that locally or with various occult groups that may or may not exist in the city. The local Tremere may or may not see this as a threat.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 08-17-2019, 08:40 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

It honestly slipped my notice that Tremere Antitribu even existed. It seemed so antithetical to the Clan and their jealously guarded secrets I didn't even consider it. And I should have mentioned that, yes, this is modern day, Final Nights, Week of Nightmares occured but it is not Gehenna yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Monk View Post
        It honestly slipped my notice that Tremere Antitribu even existed. It seemed so antithetical to the Clan and their jealously guarded secrets I didn't even consider it. And I should have mentioned that, yes, this is modern day, Final Nights, Week of Nightmares occured but it is not Gehenna yet.
        Well, that's the point really. The more the Tremere tightened their grip, the more people came to hate them and longed for an escape from their clutches.

It's just one of them was a 4th generation Methuselah.

Up to you if Tremere is running around pretending to be Goratrix and rebuilding the Antitribu then or just wearing his body and playing pool.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Just remember that the Mark of the Antitribu manifests on any Tremere who participates in Vaulderie, as long as he does not do so he has a chance of returning to the fold which naturally will require drinking from the cup and joining the Pyramid at the bottom rung.

Comment

CTPhipps is right on the money. First, the Tremere Antitribu do or can exist, either as a whole faction of the Sabbat or in small numbers. Even if they were purged, some of them could have survived (possibly by refusing to go to "Goratrix's" little meeting) or new ones could have defected. As the Storyteller, you have the final say about what the state of the Tremere Antitribu is in your game.

Second, there are plenty of ways to justify having or gaining Sorcery. I'd go with the idea that the PC was an occultist in life, or even a full-blown mortal Sorcerer, and their blood sorcery is a result of them adapting their old theories or practices to their new undead state. That's basically exactly what the Tremere did centuries ago, when they first became vampires.

As a bonus, if the PC was already an occultist or Sorcerer, it would explain why their sire chose them. If they survived being a shovelhead, they could be a great asset to the Sabbat. Even if their unlifespan is limited, they might manifest a bit of blood magic intuitively, and do some unexpected damage to the Camarilla before dying. That's the plan, anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X