No announcement yet.

[V5] Montreal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the moment Montreal By Night first saw print, the Sabbat’s appeal, to me, was the fantasy of these creatures trying to forge a genuinely posthuman society for themselves - even with all the hypocrisies that come with it, like the clashes between the generations within the sect. At least these people weren’t going to waste their immortality by hating themselves for what they are. For reasons having to do with being a closeted twentysomething (I’m out and fortysomething now) from a strict religious background, the Sabbat’s core fantasy of striving to accept your real self, finding a community where you belong anyway, and then maybe becoming something more spoke to me in a way that Anarchs Versus Cammie Princes couldn’t.

Without getting into the accuracy of claims about player demographic estimates, I’m definitely on the side of players who found the game world interesting because of the Sabbat.
    Last edited by Reasor; 08-22-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
      From the moment Montreal By Night first saw print, the Sabbat’s appeal, to me, was the fantasy of these creatures trying to forge a genuinely posthuman society for themselves - even with all the hypocrisies that come with it, like the clashes between the generations within the sect. At least these people weren’t going to waste their immortality by hating themselves for what they are. For reasons having to do with being a closeted twentysomething (I’m out and fortysomething now) from a strict religious background, the Sabbat’s core fantasy of striving to accept your real self, finding a community where you belong anyway, and then maybe becoming something more spoke to me in a way that Anarchs Versus Cammie Princes couldn’t.

Without getting into the accuracy of claims about player demographic estimates, I’m definitely on the side of players who found the game world interesting because of the Sabbat.
      I'm glad you found a part of the game that appealed to you. It sounds a bit like why I've found the Anarchs so appealing that they don't submit to the people who stand above them but resist. That you don't have to conform to society but will be able to have each other's backs no matter what. For me, the Sabbat have been a source of many fascinating stories as well. I'm a religious and mystical person in life with a great love of archaeology as well as history. So the Noddism and religious bent of the Sabbat have always had a certain lure to me.

On the other hand, I've always also felt the Sabbat was best used as a cautionary tale too. They exist to show what happens when you abandon the pretence of being anything than a hateful monster who kills people because why not. They have an important role in the game but that's to demonstrate "But for the Grace of Caine go I."

You need the Sabbat to demonstrate the Blood Eagle done to a single mother and nailing someone to a tree "just because."

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Hello Onyxpath Forum!
        It’s Thomas from Flyos Games, the board game company developing Vampire the Masquerade CHAPTERS.

After reading your comments, I think I’ll add my input as well.
        Not to discuss the Sabbat timeline (Since we have a NDA) but to provide more details about the Chapters project.

Vampire the Masquerade CHAPTERS is a narrative board game, taking place in Montreal.
        The starting idea of the project was that it is hard, complicated to play VTM as much as we want. We’ve been playing for 18 years and friends still cancel, snow keep falling every winter (especially in Montreal), and adults are busy/exhausted with life.

We wanted to buy a box where everything was inside, ready to use: a storyteller (we tried, it’s hard to fit), different character archetypes, a well-written and credible story where choices impact the events, and the possibility to play alone or with friends.
        Unfortunately, that game does not exist… yet.

So, we decided to use our board game experience (Kiwetin and Until Daylight) and our undying passion for Vampire the Masquerade to create the best project we ever worked on. It would be a bridge between board game and RPG, an introduction for some, something easy to play for new players and hard to master for passionate fans.

Why Montreal?
        Because we live in it and things have changed in 20 years in Montreal.
        The city has never been so full of joy, arts, happy humans, construction and corruption.
        WoD, the world and kindred organization have changed as well, and humans are more determined than ever before to find scapegoats.
        Sabbat never hide their glory, it makes sense that in the context of the second inquisition, the Sabbat was the first to fall.

We won’t divulge anything about the story, the plot, or things that may happen in the game.
        However, we can say that we are doing our utmost best to create the best game, story and campaign possible.

What we can do is talk about our commitment, the team of illustrators, writers, translators, scenarists, miniatures sculptor, graphic designers and game designers, we have gathered.
        No compromise on the quality, no shortcut.
        https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...erade-chapters

What we can promise you is that we are relentless.
        Matthew Dawkins is a Lore consultant and is taking an active role in the development of the project.
        We are meeting players at the GenCon, listening to their ideas, concerns and taking notes.
        We are inviting VTM players to our HQ to test the prototype, give their insight and feedback

What we can do is include you:
        We posted a first post in Onyx Path forum 8 minutes after our press release (April 4th 2019, at 00:08am) asking for anyone willing to participate, give their feedback and help us create the best RPG in a box to come to the Facebook group to help us. http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ters-announced

What we offer you is a place at the table to give your input, help us understand how you play, what you like, what in your opinion should we add and would make Vampire the Masquerade Chapters the best RPG in a box possible:

Come help us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vamp...eradeCHAPTERS/

Comment

Thanks for showing up and sharing that info!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Agreed. Thanks for posting Thomas. Looking forward to how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
            X