No announcement yet.

Questions about the Abomination Sobek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm generally not a fan of cross-splay hybrids, but I don't have a huge issue with Sobek since the Followers of Set are basically the crossover Vampire clan. They've crossed over into a lot of game lines (Werewolf, Wraith, Mummy, Mage). I think Changeling was the only major line they didn't put in an appearance in. The Followers also seem to truck with Abominations a bit since two of the named Abominations in the game are Settites.

Though honestly I tend to view Abominations more through the lens of antagonists for Werewolf games than as characters for more typical VtM chronicles. Like, I couldn't really see Sobek appearing in a VtM game, but could see him appearing as an end-chronicle opponent in a Werwolf or Changing Breed game.

Comment

I can see the Followers being unwitting agents of the Wyrm in Werewolf, even more so than other vampires, because of the clan stereotype as corruptors.

What appearance did they make in Wraith? Was Set canonically slain by Horus or whoever and sent to Ghost Egypt?

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
        I'm generally not a fan of cross-splay hybrids, but I don't have a huge issue with Sobek since the Followers of Set are basically the crossover Vampire clan. They've crossed over into a lot of game lines (Werewolf, Wraith, Mummy, Mage). I think Changeling was the only major line they didn't put in an appearance in. The Followers also seem to truck with Abominations a bit since two of the named Abominations in the game are Settites.

Though honestly I tend to view Abominations more through the lens of antagonists for Werewolf games than as characters for more typical VtM chronicles. Like, I couldn't really see Sobek appearing in a VtM game, but could see him appearing as an end-chronicle opponent in a Werwolf or Changing Breed game.
        I agree with you, Sobek can be a better enemy in W:tA Apocalypse games, along with other wyrm pawns.

Comment

If Sobek existence is true, a story in which the Mokole, Silent Striders and the Amenti join all together against the his temple would be very interesting. Combining the Beckoning of V5, plus so many individual plots, the area is so rich in storytelling that it is almost tempting to write a chronicle.

- Saga

Comment

I don't find that Sobek exists the big question. That Sobek is SANE is probably the bigger issue. That Set has some sort of "Control Wight" power doesn't seem particularly crazy or there's some sort of High level animalism or Dominate that lets you subsume a wight doesn't seem particularly crazy to me. That the Abomination has held on and not sucumbed to the Beast is perhaps the biggest issue with it.

Abominations already have special issues holding onto their Gnosis vs having a humanity track. They are in a constant state of self destructive depression. So I don't see "just getting on a path" as an issue around this. This is of course before we take into account that Mokole supposedly fall directly into Final Frenzy upon embrace.

But being able to control a Wight on some level doesn't seem particularly Crazy.. or maybe he's just a Gangrel Apostate who can turn into a Crocodile.

Comment

Working...
            X