The greatest vampire in WOD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
    Well, Clayton A. Oliver used to answer similiar question.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-ur-baal/page3

So at least in the CoN he may not be an archmage, not even an aweakened.
    But in the latter Assamite CB Revised his saying is quoted when talking about the magus, see page 63. Maybe authorities have different opinions.
    I can see him not being an Archmages, just a master who is older then mortals. But I don’t see him being a Sorcerer. He is clearly of the Taftani Tradition and Decked out in Wonders. What he took out methuselahs only because he had a bunch of cool loot and what hidden genies?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

I can see him not being an Archmages, just a master who is older then mortals. But I don’t see him being a Sorcerer. He is clearly of the Taftani Tradition and Decked out in Wonders. What he took out methuselahs only because he had a bunch of cool loot and what hidden genies?
      He is a 500-1000 year-old magnus, who is super old even in mages. I also don’t think he is a Sorcerer.

And Tafani... maybe? He was born between 500-1000 BC.

Well, he also planned very well before assamites assaulted him.
      Last edited by Rock113; 08-23-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I always liked Victoria Ash

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post

He is a 500-1000 year-old magnus, who is super old even in mages. I also don’t think he is a Sorcerer.

And Tafani... maybe? He was born between 500-1000 BC.

Well, he also planned very well before assamites assaulted him.
          White Wolf retconned this at one point but as I understand current canon, there's actually not a hard difference between Sorcerers and True Mages prior to the Council of Nine. It required the Traditions pooling all their resources together to create the flexible Sphere system in the same way that we know more about Physics and Electricity today than we did 1000 years ago. It also fits with the Book of Nod in that Caine WAS an awakened True Mage taught by Lilith but his Spheres manifested as the classic Disciplines.

While it takes away some of the poignancy of the curse, I like the idea that the Order of Hermes obsessive research and scientific experimentation was actually yielding dividends.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Ur-Shulgi for BEST TROLL CHARACTER SHEET

Originally posted by CTPhipps
            White Wolf retconned this at one point but as I understand current canon, there's actually not a hard difference between Sorcerers and True Mages prior to the Council of Nine.
            What makes you think that?

DA: Mage talks about those that Hermetics call Hedgemages (p.135). And it's very explicit that what they do it's not the same as what mages do. It's specifically called out that some mortals practice magick outside the Foundation/Pillar system that lacks the mutability of what mages can do, and that mages lose the power to do this kind of magick the moment they get a Foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
              Ur-Shulgi for BEST TROLL CHARACTER SHEET
              To be honest I don’t think he needs stats.

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
              What makes you think that?

DA: Mage talks about those that Hermetics call Hedgemages (p.135). And it's very explicit that what they do it's not the same as what mages do. It's specifically called out that some mortals practice magick outside the Foundation/Pillar system that lacks the mutability of what mages can do, and that mages lose the power to do this kind of magick the moment they get a Foundation.
              Well, this may be off the topic. But I always think Awakened and Sorcerer are different things, although some books use Hedge Magic to represent True Magick for convenience.

And, uh, I think True Magick has nothing to do with Spheres or Pillars or anything else, they ‘re just various ways to capture, use and represent Magicks, but not TM itself. You can let prehistoric mages use Spheres system, which likes Dead Magic. But this doesn’t mean mages of this time REALLY have this structure.
              Last edited by Rock113; 08-23-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                Lucita for my all time FAVORITE Vampire in Vampire: The Masquerade.

Lucita again for BEST SIGNATURE CHARACTER

Lodin for BEST PRINCE (Sebastian La Croix was my runner up)

Ayisha Jocastian for BEST REDLISTER

Modius for BEST CAMARILLA (Sebastian La Croix was an almost there)

Anita Wainwright for BEST ANARCH (Maldavis came close)

Dracula for BEST INCONNU

Carolina Valez for BEST SABBAT (Harold Zettler was next)

Malkavians for BEST CLAN

The Sacrifice for BEST CHRONICLE (followed by Baptism by Fire)
                Why? What are the criteria's you are using? A couple of people copied the way you did it but its not quite what i was going for with this thread. It seems to me you are listing your favorite vampires in different categories. I was looking for a objectief view about the greatest vampire in WOD.
                I was hoping people would claim a singular vampire as the greatest and explain what criteria's they are using to make that claim.
                Last edited by blackshade; 08-23-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackshade View Post

Why? What are the criteria's you are using? A couple of people copied the way you did it but its not quite what i was going for with this thread. It seems to me you are listing your favorite vampires in different categories. I was looking for a objectief view about the greatest vampire in WOD.
                  I was hoping people would claim a singular vampire as the greatest and explain what criteria's they are using to make that claim.
                  It depends on what you think is the best.

For me, these are the exemplars of their group and most interesting.

There's no such thing as a "best" vampire because they're evil parasitic monsters but the best at being an Anarch? Showing what makes a Camarilla Prince great? What makes the Camarilla a bunch of incestuous psychos?

Well, there's vampires who can do that.

Sorry I misunderstood.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

It depends on what you think is the best.

For me, these are the exemplars of their group and most interesting.

There's no such thing as a "best" vampire because they're evil parasitic monsters but the best at being an Anarch? Showing what makes a Camarilla Prince great? What makes the Camarilla a bunch of incestuous psychos?

Well, there's vampires who can do that.

Sorry I misunderstood.

No need to apologize. I appreciate that you are particpating in this thread. Maybe i didn't clarify my point enough.

You could look at it the same way as we look at the greats in the real world. Who is the greatest person in our history? Is it Jesus or Mohammed because of the influence they have had on multiple generations? Both dead for centuries but their ideas have lived on long after they have passed on. Or is it Napoleon because his code Napoleon influenced many laws the western society is using today? Perhaps it's a scientist that made a great discovery that we are are still benefitting from today? Newton? Einstein? etc. i was hoping for a answer in the same vein from the characters in the world of darkness. But i realize its a very difficult question to answer.
                    Last edited by blackshade; 08-23-2019, 03:49 PM.

Comment

For my money, it is and always will be these guys.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

BEST SIGNATURE CHARACTER: Ramona, for teaching Kindred the importance of comfortable footwear.

BEST PRINCE: Calebros, for knowing when to walk away.

BEST RISE TO PRINCEDOM: Don Sebastion Juan Dominguez, for becoming Prince of LA on the very night of his embrace.

BEST CAMARILLA: Critias, for his work with the Council of Scales.

BEST REDLISTER: Kemintiri, for not just being evil, but for having motivations.

BEST ARCHBISHOP: Ambrosio Luis Monçada held this title until he committed the one sin no Lasombra can expiate: he failed. The title has passed to his successor, Lucita de Aragon.

BEST SABBAT: Elieser de Polanco, for showing that Lasombra work best when they are the finger tapping the first domino.

BEST ANARCH: Christopher Houghton, for turning a bad review into a Revolution.

BEST INDEPENDENT: Walter and Millie Gaspers, of Santa Clarita, CA. They are so independent they're not entirely sure other vampires exist.

BEST ASHIRRA: Tarique, for providing a story-based reason the world of vampires can include the umma.

BEST KUEI-JIN: No such thing.

BEST INCONNU: Guillaume, for finally showing us how civilized an Idealist Brujah can be.

BEST DARK AGES: The one between Rome and DaVinci. Runner-up, the one after the Late Bronze Age collapse.

BEST CLAN: Ventrue, for being the only grown-ups in the room. Runner-up: Toreador, for finding someone else willing to be the only grown-ups in the room.

BEST BLOODLINE: Old Clan Tzimisce, for being the definition of what it is to be a vampire.

BEST PATH: Path of Honorable Accord, for "just doing my job, ma'am".

BEST DISCIPLINE: Dominate, because if you can't beat 'em, make 'em join you.

BEST PROGENITOR: Baron Samedi, for being the one person on the planet who can tell Augustus Giovanni to stfu.

WORTHY MENTION: Sebastian LaCroix, for most obviously padded resume. A soldier under Napoleon would know how to pronounce LaCroix.

Comment

Lameth the Dark Messiah, he has been my favorite sense reading The Masquerade of The Red Death. For those of you who haven't read this he was a sorcerer who was embraced by Cappadocius, he mastered thaumaturgic alchemy to such a degree that he was able to counteract God's curse and give anyone Golconda.
                          Last edited by rickayelm; 08-24-2019, 02:13 AM.

Comment

FAVORITE CHARACTER: Jacob/Esau

FAVORITE PRINCE: Kevin Jackson

FAVORITE CAMARILLA: Critas

FAVORITE ARCHBISHOP: Ambrosio

FAVORITE SABBAT: Tally

FAVORITE ANARCH: Nines

FAVORITE INDEPENDENT: Diego Giavanni

FAVORITE CLAN: Western Ravnos

FAVORITE BLOODLINE: Eastern Ravnos

FAVORITE DISCIPLINE: Chimerstry

Comment

I would say the "greatest" concept for NPCs that I have enjoyed by far in canon is the Triumvirate from Constantinople by Night.

For different game play videos of White Wolf Games from my play group
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU...IhwsM3kHK56SRA
                              https://soundcloud.com/twin-cities-by-night
                              If you want to find White Wolf game play media or subject matter media
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/862703457198327/

Comment

Michael the Patriarch. Most ancient and powerful Toreador Methuselah in the world. In many ways he epitomizes the Toreador as perfection seekers, dreaming artists and creators, but also as vain, delusional and self absorbed.

He was diablarized by his former lover Mary the Black, but he continues to live inside of her soul, sometimes assuming control when he needs to.

Comment

Working...
                                X