[V5] Ashirra Core-Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V5] Ashirra Core-Book

Basically just throwing that one out there. Would you be interested in one?
    They seem to play a bigger role in V5 then before. I never read Veil of Night or other Dark Ages books dealing with them, so my knowledge on them is limited.

Just curious what opinions are on that.

I doubt they'll have their own book...it won't sell
    they might include a section on the ashirra in a supplement, such as a city by night book, or a book compiling different minor or non-camarilla sects

edit:
    I doubt the ashirra will have much of a role,
    alot of their cities are war torn,
    add to that Ur-shulgi and other ancients awakening in the middle east
    the sabbat moving in the middle east on mass
    the break down of the lasombra clan
    the ashirra as a sect will be a mess

that doesn't mean individual ashirrits won't have a role, but the ashirra as a sect won't mean much
    Last edited by Pleiades; 08-27-2019, 06:33 AM.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

I doubt the ashirra will have much of a role,
      alot of their cities are war torn,
      add to that Ur-shulgi and other ancients awakening in the middle east
      the sabbat moving in the middle east on mass
      the break down of the lasombra clan
      the ashirra as a sect will be a mess
      But wouldn't the same be true for the Camarilla to some extend?

The rise of the Anarchs
      The Beckoning that massively disrupts it's established hirarchy
      The destruction of established power bases by the Second Inquisition (Vienna, London, Schrecknet)
      Plus the ongoing hunt by the Second Inquisition
      So the Camarilla is kind of a mess too

Of course having two Sects in detail that both cover very similar themes (crumbling of an ancient power structure) would not be very interesting.
      So my own interest in an Ashirra book would depend on how much new aspects it could add to the game (As I said I don't know enough about the sect in that regard)

As to the likelihood of it ever happening, yeah probably not, I agree with you on that. But I'm more interested in, if people on this forum would be interested in it and why/why not.

Comment

I could see this as part of a larger sect book, akin to Cult of the Blood Gods, which explores different sects in the game.

Comment

There might be a fan supplement on it for Revised or 20th. There have been similar books released on France and Germany. Perhaps someone familiar with the regions (plural) and cultures (plural) will take a shot at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post
            I could see this as part of a larger sect book, akin to Cult of the Blood Gods, which explores different sects in the game.
            Alternately, part of a Gehenna Crusade book, since it involves their home region.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by nobby View Post
              Basically just throwing that one out there. Would you be interested in one?
              They seem to play a bigger role in V5 then before. I never read Veil of Night or other Dark Ages books dealing with them, so my knowledge on them is limited.

Just curious what opinions are on that.
              I just finished re-reading Veil of Night. It's definitely worth the read; one of the best "By Night" type books out there. Obviously, much of the mortal setting is outdated, but nearly all the vampire stuff would hold up... at least, up to just before V5.

Even the mortal setting would still be useful. You know the saying history doesn't repeat, but it often rhymes? That's doubly true in the region covered.

The mechanics, of course, are VDA, but the best material is setting and history. It would be an easy matter to port most of the mechanics into V5.

Comment

It would be very interesting. We only have Veil of Night, Iberia by Night, World of Darkness 2nd ed and Cairo by Night as sources to the sect. I'd rather have the sect as a section of an elder sourcebook, though.

- Saga

Comment

Neither the sect nor the region pertain to my personal interests, but I’d love to see something up to date exist for players who find the idea compelling.

Comment

Maybe if they made it a book about the Ashirra and running games in the middle of the Crusade

Comment

With CotBG, V5 seems to be going for a messier, multi-sect approach (which I like) but I doubt we'll be getting books for each sect and making a Book of Sects might not do them justice

Comment

Given Victoria Ash and Tegyrius's recent nuptials, I'd like to see the Ashirra showcased through a travelogue of their honeymoon. Surely, in such a diplomatically sensitive match, there was a grand tour to introduce Ms Ash to her new relatives.

I think it's time for "Victoria and Tegyrius: the Honeymoon Album", a heavily illustrated book of the couple's adventures across the lands of the Ashirra. After all, the groom gave the bride a treaty with the Ashirra as mahr. It's only right she should see what she has received. Shopping in Dubai, late-night strolling in Beirut, mingling behind the scenes of Iranian film studios, meeting rug artists in Pakistan, and clubbing their way through Tel-Aviv-Yafo. Perhaps, even a tour of the Jordanian National Music Conservatory, hosted by Queen Noor.

Presented as a breezy travel guide, designed as propaganda to unite the two sects, astute readers will suss out the many tensions and controversies being papered over with the recent treaty.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                          Given Victoria Ash and Tegyrius's recent nuptials, I'd like to see the Ashirra showcased through a travelogue of their honeymoon. Surely, in such a diplomatically sensitive match, there was a grand tour to introduce Ms Ash to her new relatives.

I think it's time for "Victoria and Tegyrius: the Honeymoon Album", a heavily illustrated book of the couple's adventures across the lands of the Ashirra. After all, the groom gave the bride a treaty with the Ashirra as mahr. It's only right she should see what she has received. Shopping in Dubai, late-night strolling in Beirut, mingling behind the scenes of Iranian film studios, meeting rug artists in Pakistan, and clubbing their way through Tel-Aviv-Yafo. Perhaps, even a tour of the Jordanian National Music Conservatory, hosted by Queen Noor.

Presented as a breezy travel guide, designed as propaganda to unite the two sects, astute readers will suss out the many tensions and controversies being papered over with the recent treaty.
                          When the Vault is opened for V5, someone who knows the region (meaning not me) should absolutely make this.

Comment

Working...
                          X