No announcement yet.

Antidiluvians for The Ebony Kingdom and The Drowned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it up, as is explicitly stated in every WW splat in the first 20 pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminostro View Post
      Make it up, as is explicitly stated in every WW splat in the first 20 pages.
      Yes, the answer is very much "whatever works for one's game", mix-&-match canon & homebrew according to taste.

OP, do you have any plans for a chronicle set in some part of Africa, Latin America (or Oceania) in particular? Or maybe fodder for some twisted sort of character backstory? What exactly are you looking out for, seeking what kind of setting lore to tinker with?

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
        OP, do you have any plans for a chronicle set in some part of Africa, Latin America (or Oceania) in particular? Or maybe fodder for some twisted sort of character backstory? What exactly are you looking out for, seeking what kind of setting lore to tinker with?
        To be honest I have no specific reason to include these (other than The Drowned as a concept sounds cool) but I like to have my metaplot and canon straight in my mind to cover any and every possibility for PCs. My game is already pretty huge spanning various cities, times and continents so it's not like I need this additional detail, but I am somewhat of a completist. I was mainly seeing if there was a skeleton of a plot or concept behind these to attatch my own lore too or curious if anybody had their own homebrew metaplot of them that i could adapt as opposed to having to come up with it from scratch.

Thanks for everybody who has made suggestions in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeevesosiris View Post

To be honest I have no specific reason to include these (other than The Drowned as a concept sounds cool) but I like to have my metaplot and canon straight in my mind to cover any and every possibility for PCs. My game is already pretty huge spanning various cities, times and continents so it's not like I need this additional detail, but I am somewhat of a completist. I was mainly seeing if there was a skeleton of a plot or concept behind these to attatch my own lore too or curious if anybody had their own homebrew metaplot of them that i could adapt as opposed to having to come up with it from scratch.
          Well, to be fair, mining for good stuff to read and hooks to adapt and use in our own tables is a major incentive behind our purchase of the books, no denying that.

On the matter of using them, well, they are wildcards at present, the backgrounds of some like the Bonsam, Ramanga or Guruhi have seeds that could be interpreted either way - are they bloodlines, clans created by apocryphal antediluvians (or the same antediluvians under different guises) or beings that originated from divine/diabolic curses of their own much like Caine? Well, completely up to you in your game.

About use of them in the table, i would say, either the mountain will come to Mohammed or Mohammed goes to the mountain.

Meaning, you come up with a vampire of either of those clans/lineages/etc in the PCs city, either a recent arrival or someone who has been around under the radar for ages, as a possible source to introduce those tales. Let's say for example, a Guruhi ancilla or elder starts busting heads with some elder/primogen over treatment of Caitiff, because it does not give a damn about the other's diehard noddism, what begins to shake up the local power dynamics as the Caitiff, some Lilithists and a number of disgruntled or just curious kindred start to stop and hear to this "outsider" own particular take on kindred origins.
          If a setite embraced in Constantinople can be the prince of Sidney and a persian methuselah the prince of London of almost a millenium, there's nothing to stop a ST of inserting a Ramanga, Impundulu or Bonsam elder/primogen in the city of its preference. In fact, has it not been implied in BJD that Inyanga, one of Chicago's longstanding primogen, might actually be one of the Laibon instead of Gangrel? Any city is fair game for them too, i would say.

The other take, obviously, is coming up with some hook/reason for your coterie of PCs to do a trip to some place in Africa or other to obtain some information, secret, ally or power they heard rumors about - is the Tzimisce Demdemeh for real, a legend of Tzim trying to paint their clan as bigger and less insular than it actually was or a complete case of mislabeling/appropriation of the ancient of another lineage (Akunanse, Bonsam, Infitiore Cappadocian Guruhi, Nagloper, Nosferatu, other)? Does it matter, as long as one steals its arcane secrets or powerful Heart's Blood?

Or maybe a group of less vicious kindred explorers is looking out into some interesting footnote of Aristotle De Laurent's (and Beckett) edition of the Book of Nod about some sanctuary they came across in the ruins of Great Zimbabwe, a lost citadel in Ghana or secret pyramid of Meroë in Sudan? It's up to how one wants to tinker with it.

PS: while i centered my references in Africa and the Ebony Kingdom, same goes for the secret history of Latin America or other parts of the World of Darkness without regional books of their own. In my version of Rio de Janeiro i used an urban legend about the Pedra da Gávea as basis for a local faction, a weird bloodline/cult of bloodrinking shapeshifters that might be the descendants/servants of a Baali/Niktuku/Ananasi/a bit of all 3, for example.
          Last edited by Baaldam; 11-13-2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X