No announcement yet.

Reworking Touchstones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to have different paths as well.
    I'd like to have non-human touchstones - (non npc touchstones as well - avoid glut of npcs and allow more space for organically designed npcs where they make sense and are needed)
    Differences between sects approach to morality would be cool as well. I like to think Camarilla tries to pretend at humanity, sabbat tries to pretend at being monsters, and I dunno about the anarchs. Pretend at being rebels?

One idea I had was touchstones are an anarch specific thing, developed as an alternative to paths. The disadvantage of them would be they're a lot less effective (ie, without the more concrete path to clutch tightly to the touchstone based anarchs are more addicted to blood - a camarilla vamp can go to hunger 0 without having to kill, but has to follow his path). If I implemented this I'd probably make the paths either more constricting, or make it cost more when you alter your path rating. (It's more of a traumatic experience, takes some time to recover from) - the advantage of touchstones is they're a lot more fluid (can just have a handful of people you keep an eye on once or twice a month and vaguely match up to Stuff You Care about, no need to have an entire set of codes you need to adher to and can't pick yourself, just a few personal handmade principles).

Heavy Arms if you don't want them to connect to Convictions would you connect them to anything else? I guess if you didn't go with the above idea you could explicitly connect them to a path instead (ie, touchstone are v5 paths).So you have path of humanity touchstones, path of the feral heart touchstones, path of honor touchstones etcetera.

Comment

Yes, I'd connect them directly to Path. Especially since you could have Touchstones work slightly differently per Path to help replace the functions of Virtues.

Comment

Working...
      X