Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowcrafting and Life

Dear experts,
    Somehow, my friend asked me to help him with the plot for his game. The plot is Tremere / Lasombra conflict after 17th century.
    The description of Path Of Shadowcrafting says that the attacks of the fiends are cumulative.
    He noticed that the book does not have answers to his questions.

-What happen to mortal/ghoul who has survived but lost all his stamina?
    -What happens to a vampire if he loses all his stamina?
    -Victims lose stamina only when taking damage or at the time of attack?

Well a mortal with 0 stamina has no longer a functioning immune system and walking up a flight of stairs might exhaust him to the point of losing consciousness
    A Vampire usually falls into torpor with 0 Stamina.
    As for ghouls, they are immune to disease but their cardiovascular system is still in a pretty bad shape. So again any slightly strenuous physical activity might mean losing consciousness.

Comment

Stamina 0 is instant death or Torpor. Stamina 1 would mean a messed up immune system and stairs winding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
        Stamina 0 is instant death or Torpor.

I'm not so sure, because "Path of the Blood's Curse" allows a vampire to age to his True Age. But the vampire does not fall into a torpor, he just needs help in moving, feeding and so on.
        + I certainly believe that a five hundred year old vampire turns into an invalid. BUT! here the problem is that these Creatures of the Abyss do not absorb the soul or life at once, they feed on vital forces. But "Stamina" is more about the physical characteristics of the body than its direct indicator of life force.

Of course, a mortal devoid of his stamina will be very vulnerable and pick up many diseases. Maybe he will die due to overstrain of the body.
        I understand that a creature with 0 in Stamina cannot live long, but it can exist for a period of time.

The problem is that magic destroys all physical characteristics. But will a vampire with 5 in Strength and 0 Stamina become invalid?
        Last edited by Alphari; 09-11-2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
          Stamina 0 is instant death or Torpor. Stamina 1 would mean a messed up immune system and stairs winding them.
          I second this.
          An attribute of 0 represents a disabled or destroyed attribute, so stamina would mean death or torpor, even if the attribute is temporarily 0, it would still mean instant death for a mortal.
          An attribute of 2 represents around the average, where an attribute of 1 would represent an underdeveloped, crippled or otherwise impaired attribute,

Comment

As per definition in Obtenebration 1 in V20 Book, p188.
            "Opponents plagued by flapping shadows and strangling darkness subtract one die from all Stamina dice pools (including soak). Mortals, ghouls, and other air-breathers reduced to zero Stamina by strangling shadows begin to asphyxiate;"

If you have any reason to believe that Shadowcrafting path would not apply in the sameway ; I'm not an expert on it. But I do know it's not in current edition to accurately compare unfortunately.

Now, the wording on Vampires for this power says that they can still operate with 0 Stamina
            "vampires lose all appropriate dice but are otherwise unaffected"

The wording on the power is not to reduce their Stamina by 1 or more, but to reduce "Pools" by 1 or more. So a Vampire is just rolling less dice on soak, not actually having their stamina reduced to 0.

Originally posted by Alphari View Post
            I'm not so sure, because "Path of the Blood's Curse" allows a vampire to age to his True Age. But the vampire does not fall into a torpor, he just needs help in moving, feeding and so on.
            + I certainly believe that a five hundred year old vampire turns into an invalid. BUT! here the problem is that these Creatures of the Abyss do not absorb the soul or life at once, they feed on vital forces. But "Stamina" is more about the physical characteristics of the body than its direct indicator of life force.
            Withering of Ages specifies the penalty if the stat gets to Zero in this way explicitly, it's how that power works. Obten explicitly works differently.
            Obtenebration reduces the dice pool and explicitly kills breathers, level 2 talks about people drowning in the darkness
            Last edited by Illithid; 09-11-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I Still maintain that if a Vampire is down to Stamina 0 due to "Normal" means, where the power doesn't have an explicit effect overriding; then it'd mean torpor

Comment

Working...
              X