Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (V5) Upcoming

Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying the game and been a bit out of the loop. I've been playing Vampire for almost 15 years and its the first time I'm really interested in the current plot and I'm eager to piece together what you find within the chapters of the existing books starting with BJD.

I had a few questions:

- I received the Sept Errata that mentions at the end some Loresheets. Where can I find these?
    - Will there be a Sabbat book? I know the Sabbat isnt the focus of the game, just wondering.
    - What other books can we expect? Player guide, clanbook, etc...

Thanks !

Jason Carl said there will be a Sabbat book on Instagram.
    Loresheets at the end of the book.
    You can expect a PG, A book about the second inquisition,and cults of the blood gods. Also The Fall of London chronicle

Comment

Thanks! For loresheets its just the ones they mention I didnt believe were in Cam or Core books. It kinda suggested they added some Loresheets elsewhere in PDF format.

Comment

Also V5 Chicago and supplements (in case you didn't back the KS already).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

The loresheets they're talking about are ones that were included in the PDF but haven't yet been printed, as a note. You should be able to redeem your PDF copy using the code in the back (assuming you have a physical copy) which will have those.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
            Jason Carl said there will be a Sabbat book on Instagram.
            Why are the Sabbat interested in Instragram? Are they posting pics from the Gehenna War?

Anyway, forthcoming books for the next year or include;
            • Let the Streets Run Red (Will likely update the timeline / metaplot somewhat)
            • Chicago Folio (overlaps with LtSRR, but includes other material)
            • Cults of the Blood Gods (probably will feature a lot of mechanical crunch)
            • Players Guide (probably will feature a lot of mechanical crunch)
            Books without a specific date;
            • Sabbat Book (no possible way will this be controversial)
            • Second Inquisition
            Last edited by Grumpy RPG Reviews; 09-10-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

Why are the Sabbat interested in Instragram? Are they posting pics from the Gehenna War?

Anyway, forth coming books for the next year or include;
              • Chicago Chronicles (overlaps with LtSRR, but includes other material)
              • Second Inquisition
              #justdiableriethings

Comment

The Chicago Folio looks like it'll be out before Let the Streets Run Red for some time.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
                  The loresheets they're talking about are ones that were included in the PDF but haven't yet been printed, as a note. You should be able to redeem your PDF copy using the code in the back (assuming you have a physical copy) which will have those.

Thanks ! I do have a physical copy, I'll go check it out

Four books in the next year seems like a lot! I'll try to look into those titles.

Comment

Anyway, forthcoming books for the next year or include;
                    • Chicago Folio (overlaps with LtSRR, but includes other material)
                    • Second Inquisition

Also add the Starter Box, the introductory campaign London Falling (or something like that)?

Comment

Originally posted by Murder-of-Crows View Post
                      Also add the Starter Box, the introductory campaign London Falling (or something like that)?
                      The Starter Set (boxed set with abridged rulebook, starter chronicle, pregen PCs, and dice), and The Fall of London Chronicle.(intended to be useful as an introductory chronicle for new players, or to update older players on the V5 metaplot).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Is there any material to link the V5 rules and scenario with the V20 to allow a chronicle to transition from one to another?

Comment

Not as such, but in broad strokes:

- The Fourth Civil war resolves itself in a bloody mess with the Sabbat internally weakened. Many vampire inquisitors are targeting them with near preternatural skill and knowledge, nothing like the bumbling efforts of the vampire hunters in the 90s. After the departure of the Unconquered, the loss of many Tremere antitribu, and the civil war, they decide to consolidate power/crusade, searching out Methuselahs and destroying them. Turns out that among other things the Black Hand has been compiling likely locations of Methuselah resting places, many of which are on the Fertile Crescent (the birthplace of humanity)

- The Cam launches a campaign to retake Sabbat strongholds. Mexico City falls. The South is almost completely retaken. Montreal... still Montreal. Less so though.

- The Masquerade is breached. Announcements are a raid on Vienna and London that destroys both strongholds. The Camarilla reacts poorly. Especially to the realization it's their fault, and that the tool they were using to hunt the Sabbat has turned in their hand.

- The Beckoning begins. Key elders just pack their stuff and leave. Often with little or no notice. Princes, Primogen, respected elders, just don't show up to Elysium. Or the next Elysium. Or the next. Sometimes a few Childer or ghouls talk of "a need to travel" and "something they have to do" but other times there's just no notice they're even gone. Is it the inquisition? The Sabbat? Gehenna itself? Confusion reigns.

- Big conclave, vampires find out that the Camarilla themselves is responsible for the threat to their existence - that instead of protecting them from mortals (the original purpose of the Cam) they have now themselves started the threat they were supposed to prevent. Many Brujah are troubled by this news. In the resulting chaos, Jan and Hardestadt vanish (are claimed to have been killed by Theo Bell, although frenzying Brujah are not the best eyewitnesses). The remaining Inner Circle collectively decide "no more tech nonsense". They do not announce this using "tech nonsense" leaving American domains largely in the dark.

- Many domains suffer complete "radio silence" from the Camarilla. ShreckNET vanishes. Phone numbers for Archons, Justicars, etc. simply go dead. Princes in America have no way to contact other Cam vampires. Did the Sabbat vanish only to destroy the Cam? Are they now picking off elders in preparation for their master stroke? Many elders who are not beckoned go to ground, leading young vampires to conclude the Beckoning is far more common than it actually is. In reality, many elders have simply executed various escape plans, and vanished into safe havens they've prepared around the country. Some cities are therefore virtually "unaffected" by the Beckoning, as only the Beckoned elders vanish. In others, a chain reaction occurs, where vanishing elders cause more elders to execute disaster plans, leaving the city almost free of elder vampires - at least in appearance. Many have gone into torpor, vanished into suburban hidey-holes, or otherwise decided to sit out a few decades for safety.

- In lieu of the Camarilla (which many younger vampires either didn't understand or hated) an ad-hoc system of friends, acquaintances, "I know a guy who knows a guy" and other systems sprung up. Although nominally anarch, they're anarchs more of "no organizational structure" than of any sort of philosophical bent. These ad hoc networks prove resistant to the Second Inquisition because raids send them scattering like roaches, and there's no power structure whatsoever to interact with.

That should bring you almost entirely to the present day. A few Camarilla strongholds in America remain. Elders, if they see the power structure restored, may re-emerge. The Anarchs in the abandoned cities view the Camarilla either with no interest, or mistrust. They abandoned them, or maybe the young vampires don't even know what the Cam is. It might be a myth - a European "vampire government" that lurks in the shadows.

Comment

The Sabbat always struck me more as angry Facebook boomer types.

Comment

Working...
                            X