Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Methods for Vicissitude

Howdee, y'all!

The thought recently came to me about the prospect of having numerous ways of delivering the effects of Vicissitude. Some examples that came to mind include:
    • A deranged sadist mutating victims in a torture chamber, which is what I imagine the standard is for imagining the way Tzimisce do it.
    • An unorthodox artist treating it like the methodical creation of a statue
    • A surgeon using a surgical room with a range of implements such as scalpels, bone saws and the like.
    • Monks meditating as their bodies gradually change
    • The priest of a blood cult using a blasphemous version of Catholic communion to induce changes in those who drink the "holy blood of the prophet."
    I'm curious to see if the idea makes any sort of sense or if it would reasonably invoke the response of "Gilby, you mad bastard, stop hanging out with the Malkavians!"

Amazon will deliver Vicissitude to your doorstep in a matter of days, and for free with a Prime Membership.

(clears throat)

All of those methods may work, and they all fit in with how the Tzimisce and Vicissitude have been described in the past. However, I might quibble with the blasphemous version of the Catholic communion. The Fiends came from Eastern Europe, and so it would be a blasphemous version of the Eastern Orthodox communion.

Another way might be more subtle and unnerving. Such as a Tzimsce visiting someone while they sleep, making a few small changes to them, and them departing. The victim is the only one to notice these changes at first and will not understand where they came from. The Fiend returns periodically and makes additional changes, as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
      The Fiends came from Eastern Europe, and so it would be a blasphemous version of the Eastern Orthodox communion.
      I wasn't entirely sure if Eastern Orthodoxy had Communion in common with the Roman Catholic Church, hence I went with the one I was sure of. Thank you for the clarification.

Also, thank Caine the Tzimisce don't exist in real life, otherwise I might never sleep again at the notion of slowly transforming into some sort of eldritch land-crawling blobfish over the course of consecutive sleeps.

Comment

Good guy (autarkis) Tzimisce doctor who treats all wounded & deformed supernaturals regardless of affiliation, for a small fee. He has also made an absolute fortune in the kine world by posing as an eccentric plastic surgeon of unparalleled talent.

Comment

I could absolutely see young Fiends doing the warped version of a "communion". The youngsters are always trying to be edgy.

Comment

I have a Tzimisce who has found a home amongst the Camarilla as a supernatural plastic surgeon. He has various clients, primarily Toreador who he beautifies for a price. He also operates on the black market, replacing faces for those on the run etc.

Comment

My friend played the Tzimisce artist, while I played hisToreador mentor who was repulsed, but entranced by his sculptures.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickman View Post
                My friend played the Tzimisce artist, while I played hisToreador mentor who was repulsed, but entranced by his sculptures.
                Were you playing Sabbat? Cause last time a Tzimisce and a Toreador had a strong bond of peerage they decided to make a baby and call it the Volgirre Bloodline.

Le shudder.

Comment

Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
                  Were you playing Sabbat? Cause last time a Tzimisce and a Toreador had a strong bond of peerage they decided to make a baby and call it the Volgirre Bloodline.

Le shudder.

Oh, so people decided to make Madame Guil's sire into the founder of some creepy Toreador branch. Quaint.

And 5th gen - in spite of the fact it has been repeteadly implied in the past Guil became 6th gen through serial diablerie. How special.
                  Last edited by Baaldam; 09-13-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                    Oh, so people decided to make Madame Guil's sire into the founder of some creepy Toreador branch. Quaint.

And 5th gen - in spite of the fact it has been repeteadly implied in the past Guil became 6th gen through serial diablerie. How special.
                    Seems they wanted to have him be the founder of a bunch of torture-Toreador with Vicissitude for V20, and so they did.

I don't have an explanation for the discrepancy in Generation there.

Comment

Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
                      Seems they wanted to have him be the founder of a bunch of torture-Toreador with Vicissitude for V20, and so they did.

I don't have an explanation for the discrepancy in Generation there.

Special snowflake syndrome, obviously. Everything is more awesome with canon NPC name-throwing and methuselah-level low gen.

Comment

I've been confused for a long time about the Volgirre Toreador. I saw them first on the White Wolf wiki and couldn't find a single canon reference to them. I decided somebody had edited the wiki to list their own homebrew bloodline... not unthinkable for a wiki... but lately, I've heard people talking about them as if they were canon.

Three clan disciplines (Auspex, Celerity, Presence), plus unquestioned access to the first three levels of Vicissitude seems... wrong.

Are the Volgirre a canon thing, or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                          I've been confused for a long time about the Volgirre Toreador. I saw them first on the White Wolf wiki and couldn't find a single canon reference to them. I decided somebody had edited the wiki to list their own homebrew bloodline... not unthinkable for a wiki... but lately, I've heard people talking about them as if they were canon.

Three clan disciplines (Auspex, Celerity, Presence), plus unquestioned access to the first three levels of Vicissitude seems... wrong.

Are the Volgirre a canon thing, or not?

Well, never heard of them until i checked the wiki - and must admit that the lack of citations to the Bloodline per se (only the founder, that happens to be the sire of a canon NPC) seems a tad suspicious.

Comment

It's also suspicious how the disciplines are set up. It is long tradition that every bloodline and clan has exactly three disciplines. (With the exception of the Gargoyles, but they are a very unusual case.) It just smells like somebody, somewhere wanted to justify their Toreador taking Vicissitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                              It's also suspicious how the disciplines are set up. It is long tradition that every bloodline and clan has exactly three disciplines. (With the exception of the Gargoyles, but they are a very unusual case.) It just smells like somebody, somewhere wanted to justify their Toreador taking Vicissitude.
                              Well, the wiki blurb does say "at out-of-clan Discipline costs", the main point it seems would be not requiring a teacher.
                              So, it might be seen as something of a minor loresheet bonus of sorts, i guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X