• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GilbyTheFat
    started a topic Delivery Methods for Vicissitude

Delivery Methods for Vicissitude

Howdee, y'all!

The thought recently came to me about the prospect of having numerous ways of delivering the effects of Vicissitude. Some examples that came to mind include:
    • A deranged sadist mutating victims in a torture chamber, which is what I imagine the standard is for imagining the way Tzimisce do it.
    • An unorthodox artist treating it like the methodical creation of a statue
    • A surgeon using a surgical room with a range of implements such as scalpels, bone saws and the like.
    • Monks meditating as their bodies gradually change
    • The priest of a blood cult using a blasphemous version of Catholic communion to induce changes in those who drink the "holy blood of the prophet."
    I'm curious to see if the idea makes any sort of sense or if it would reasonably invoke the response of "Gilby, you mad bastard, stop hanging out with the Malkavians!"

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    Add to that, the biggest stadiums can be a veritable maze of back rooms and underground passages. If the kindred want something posh, they can use a sky box. I could also see the vampires placing wagers, betting the performance of their team of ghouls against the team of ghouls bound to another vampire.

But back on topic, medical staff, coaches, and nutritionists of all kinds - including sports teams - would be a great cover for a subtle Tzimisce.

Leave a comment:

• GilbyTheFat
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    On a related note I've often thought a big sports stadium would be a great site for a vampire have, and a team of ghouls great pawns.
    It is a perfect multi-purpose site to have if you want to justify buying Resources, Herd, Haven and just about anything else that could be gained from ready access to potentially tens of thousands of people gathered at a single time.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    Originally posted by Brickman View Post
    How about an Olympic coach/physio, random who slowly alters their teams athletes to preform better without having to worry about drugs tests?
    On a related note I've often thought a big sports stadium would be a great site for a vampire have, and a team of ghouls great pawns.

Leave a comment:

• GilbyTheFat
    replied
    Exactly!
    You can't tell me those cyclists get legs like that without a bit of Tzimisce love
    I have always wondered

Leave a comment:

• Brickman
    replied
    Exactly!
    You can't tell me those cyclists get legs like that without a bit of Tzimisce love

Leave a comment:

• GilbyTheFat
    replied
    How about an Olympic coach/physio, random who slowly alters their teams athletes to preform better without having to worry about drugs tests?
    Why? No idea.

An extreme sports enthusiast who modifies themselves to push the limits forget and further until they unrecognisable as a normal person.
    Is what you are proposing, as a delivery method for Vicissitude, a performance-enhancing "drug" the coach promises his athletes is undetectable (the athletes don't need to know what a Ghoul us. They just know that they've never been pinged by tests, and they're in what they consider perfect physical condition. Win-win) ?

Leave a comment:

• Brickman
    replied
    Why? No idea.

An extreme sports enthusiast who modifies themselves to push the limits forget and further until they unrecognisable as a normal person.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
    Hell, the wiki entry for the League says the world forgot them after the first century, and I don't believe the books are written from the perspective of League members.

Well, that would actually be more consistent with the plotline of Lair of the Hidden, the Council of Twelve and the weird magics going on in that place.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by Theodrim View Post
    Honestly, I live near Louisville, KY. This is where UPS Worldport is, next door to the international airport for obvious reasons and the Air National Guard base. That's all next to one of the major CSX rail hubs, and one of the biggest Ford assembly plants in the country. Hour away's Fort Knox, and 2-3 hours away, Fort Campbell. Amazon shit is peanuts compared to the logistics-based fuckery that goes on in my games; methuselahs have gotten unceremoniously whacked in my games over Worldport.

Oh, that is indeed some pretty loaded localization. Well, what can i say, i like to start with more (apparently) subdued/low-key stuff to then get into the seriously nutty plotting.

Leave a comment:

• Theodrim
    replied
    Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Ever tried to use it all in a game about a group of kindred trying to contain or at least direct that kind of shenanigans...nighttime clerks of a convenience store in a bad neighborhood.
    Honestly, I live near Louisville, KY. This is where UPS Worldport is, next door to the international airport for obvious reasons and the Air National Guard base. That's all next to one of the major CSX rail hubs, and one of the biggest Ford assembly plants in the country. Hour away's Fort Knox, and 2-3 hours away, Fort Campbell. Amazon shit is peanuts compared to the logistics-based fuckery that goes on in my games; methuselahs have gotten unceremoniously whacked in my games over Worldport.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by Theodrim View Post
    Honestly, up until recently I worked in an Amazon warehouse. "What fuckery could a vampire perform here" was a very common pastime of mine while working, once I sorted out the "how would an Amazon warehouse fare during a zombie apocalypse?" question.

A lot of the shit Amazon does is a lot easier to rationalize if you imagine vampires are behind it.
    Ever tried to use it all in a game about a group of kindred trying to contain or at least direct that kind of shenanigans?
    Now i'm imagining a group of neonates dealing with messes for an archon mentor, that then goes out of his way blackmail or execute the hell out of a lot of people whose shenanigans the PCs came across in their job.

Even worse, a coterie of neonates that pass themselves as nightime clerks of a convenience store in a bad neighborhood. And yet place never gets robbed.
    Actually, it suffers lots of attempts, never reported. The kids call it "home delivery"....
    Last edited by Baaldam; 09-16-2019, 03:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Theodrim
    replied

Now i'm imagining a story about a bunch of neonates and their ghouls working on Amazon (or federal courier agencies) and having to deal with "zip-lock Tzimisce/Gangrel", intimidation attempts over lost bottles of ancient vitae, clay tablets and Caine knows what other variety of inane nonsense.
    Honestly, up until recently I worked in an Amazon warehouse. "What fuckery could a vampire perform here" was a very common pastime of mine while working, once I sorted out the "how would an Amazon warehouse fare during a zombie apocalypse?" question.

A lot of the shit Amazon does is a lot easier to rationalize if you imagine vampires are behind it.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
    Hell, the wiki entry for the League says the world forgot them after the first century, and I don't believe the books are written from the perspective of League members.
    Personally i feel, as my commentary about Romania suggests i guess, the better way to treat anything in the Clanbooks or World of Darkness books might be as rumor and hearsay to be used, twisted or ignored according to your own research and interests. There's a reason my version of Russia (and some central & eastern european countries) throws a lot of canon through the window.

But seriously, we have wiki nowadays, mine the hell of it for ideas and to fact-check and correct (or tweak if you want some bit of fluff to be canon, no matter how nonsense it might end up being - like making sense of all the random bull in Hedeon's background or sheet) your personal rumors table.

Incidentally, i do like the idea of Elica, a recently enthroned polish Tzimisce princess, who could be anything from a fresh-faced neonate pawn/showpiece completely out of her depth (except for her mentor's guidance) to a elder of her own laboring under the stifling shadow of her even older and more potent anachronistic sire.

Or a combination of both - Papa gets tired of Elica's disobedience/incompetence/independence and after she's sent into torpor by a Sabbat pack or some other rival, makes "Elica 2", who he orders to diablerize and take her predecessor's place (waste not, want not). Memory & identity hijinks obviously ensue.

As an aside, i came across this, and while the original events ocurred in Rwanda, could make great inspirational material for the backstory of a koldun in Yugoslavia, Chechnya or a number of other places.
    Last edited by Baaldam; 09-18-2019, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GilbyTheFat
    replied
    It crossed my mind that the "dozen ancient kindred" could be some form of memetic mutation or conflation with rumors about the Inconnu's Council of Twelve in Hunedoara Castle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X