Most interesting Antediluvian

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most interesting Antediluvian

Who do think is the most interesting? Which clan founder fascinates you the most?

Haqim is my choice. Most badass antediluvian. Love the Web of Knives origin story. It could also make for an interesting premise He could be Caine's greatest failure, his eternal rival, the torn in his side. The one that butchered his first children and stole his blood and has been hunting him and the rest of his kin throughout the ages.

He also has a link with the baali through Ur-Shulgi and might have a interesting connection with the other great badass, Saulot. Both were actively involved in the baali wars and Saulot seems to have a certain respect for Haqim. In one story he asked him to be the judge of the second city because he didn't think any other vampire could keep his brothers and sisters of the 3rd generation in line. Or maybe Saulot just wanted to keep the ante that worried him the most close to him. Gain his trust by offering him this position, so he could stab him in the back later. There is also the line somewhere of Haqim not trusting Saulot. Some interesting stuff is going on between these two.

There is also the mythical conversation he had with Mithras before disappearing that fascinates me. It could make for a good story in itself.

All “Antediluvians(Cainites before the Flood)” are interesting.

Well, more specifically,

All 2nd Gens(1st-4th editions don’t leave much room for them because they are assumed “long gone” (and it’s true)). But I expect to see them more active in 5E, Enoch of BJD may imply they are the true patrons of Jyhad and change the theme of it.
    Saulot
    The Eldest
    Arikel
    Ventrue
    Last edited by Rock113; 09-14-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

She doesn't hunt. Humans and vampire alike are lined up outside her door waiting to be fed from.

She doesn't need to read books, because they are all about her in some way or another.

Her clan is so edgy and so powerful, it makes the Ventrue seem like the Rotary Club.

When she pays a boon, markets crash worldwide.

When she wants to eat al fresco, she turns a river to blood.

She is: The Most Interesting Antediluvian In The World.

"I don't always drink vitae, but when I do, I prefer my descendants."

Comment

Maybe Malkav, just because I've always been curious what it was that broke her mind and soul so badly.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Every single one of them have something of interest, it is really hard to choose one over the others.

[Brujah] / Troile. Both sire and childe their relationship is remarkably interesting, one being cold and calculating and the other being the exact opposite, yet both impossibly wise scholars.

Cappadocius' conviction to diablerize God always fascinated me because I doubt he was wrong on that one, yet it intrigues me his move of letting himself be diablerized by Augustus, what was the purpose of it? I doubt it to be hubris, but somehow I believe it was a sliver of conscience or remorse attempting himself to stop becoming God because he could actually become it and so he foiled his own plans on purpose.

[Lasombra]'s origin in his interests in the Abyss, what drove him to investigate it in the first place and how did he actually achieve to drive its essence into a discipline?

- Saga

Comment

I always had a soft spot for a number of the 'Alternate' Antediluvians presented in Gehenna. Especially the Shaper. The idea you could have ancient vampires still wandering around and NOT doing dickish things (as far as we know) until circumstances forced them to was rather interesting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Saga View Post
              Every single one of them have something of interest, it is really hard to choose one over the others.

[Brujah] / Troile. Both sire and childe their relationship is remarkably interesting, one being cold and calculating and the other being the exact opposite, yet both impossibly wise scholars.

Cappadocius' conviction to diablerize God always fascinated me because I doubt he was wrong on that one, yet it intrigues me his move of letting himself be diablerized by Augustus, what was the purpose of it? I doubt it to be hubris, but somehow I believe it was a sliver of conscience or remorse attempting himself to stop becoming God because he could actually become it and so he foiled his own plans on purpose.

[Lasombra]'s origin in his interests in the Abyss, what drove him to investigate it in the first place and how did he actually achieve to drive its essence into a discipline?

- Saga
              Most of them are interesting but of the ones you mentionend, i am the most fascinated by [Lasombra]. Mainly because of what happend (or didn't happen) during the assault on his castle. The mysteries surounding that night and whether or not he was actually diablrized is very interesting. He is also in my mind the most evil ante. Even someone like Tzimisce still cared about one of his childer. [Lasombra] on the other hand probably doesnt have a shred of kindness left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by blackshade View Post

Most of them are interesting but of the ones you mentionend, i am the most fascinated by [Lasombra]. Mainly because of what happend (or didn't happen) during the assault on his castle. The mysteries surounding that night and whether or not he was actually diablrized is very interesting. He is also in my mind the most evil ante. Even someone like Tzimisce still cared about one of his childer. [Lasombra] on the other hand probably doesnt have a shred of kindness left in him.
                Personally I would be entirely fine with not being the recipient of an abyss god's idea of kindness...

I do quite like Lasombra. Not as much as Tzimisce - that thing is my favourite Ante - but I'm curious moreso as to why Lasombra decided his Clan were gonna be a bunch of seafarers and pirates.

As for the Anarch Revolt, if the revolutionaries couldn't even take out the majority of Elders (as evidenced by the fact they were in any position to just say "the Camarilla is in charge now" and half the revolutionaries fell in line) I do not for believe for even a second that they took out Lasombra.
                Last edited by GilbyTheFat; 09-15-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Yeah [Lasombra] is extremely interesting. I do believe that he transcended cainite form and is purely an abyssal entity or he is the abyss itself. Yet there is one thing that is intriguing about the clan. Montano being the eldest he is merely 3000 years, therefore, there is a void of Lasombra cainites in vampire history from the Second City to 1600 BC. I believe that [Lasombra] killed the entire clan prior to Montano's embrace.

- Saga

Comment

Well, I think it was the clan novels hinted that Lasombra wiped or changed his childers earliest memories... and that Montano was a physical type that does not exist any more, the species having changed since his embrace.

Anyway, Tubal Cain was said to be the first metalsmith and a mortal descendant of Caine, the son of Lamech and Zillah. Josephus suggested he was the inventor of bronze, while T. C. Mitchell believes him to have discovered cold-forging copper which would be much further back. His bible entry places him much further back in time than Elimelech at least.

Comment

Whoever it was that sired the first 3 Baali.

Comment

Originally posted by Trollroot View Post
                        Well, I think it was the clan novels hinted that Lasombra wiped or changed his childers earliest memories... and that Montano was a physical type that does not exist any more, the species having changed since his embrace.

Anyway, Tubal Cain was said to be the first metalsmith and a mortal descendant of Caine, the son of Lamech and Zillah. Josephus suggested he was the inventor of bronze, while T. C. Mitchell believes him to have discovered cold-forging copper which would be much further back. His bible entry places him much further back in time than Elimelech at least.
                        Totally forgot about Tubal-Cain. So there might be a lasombra methuselah older then Montano afterall.
                        Last edited by blackshade; 09-16-2019, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Logothétēs View Post
                          Whoever it was that sired the first 3 Baali.

Saulot then

Comment

Saulot then

+ Haqim and probably Tzimisce (and maybe even Cappadocius)

V20 changed much of the original approach to the Baali origin.
                            Last edited by Undead rabbit; 09-16-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Saulot certainly is quiet interesting and multi faceted.

Also Lasombras set up, his diablerie? and whats up with Montano, Gratiano etc., is quiet interesting. Though the pay of so far (his appearance in End Times etc.) has been quiet lack luster.

I like the Eldest, but it is probably the most well explained and fleshed out of the Antediluvians which takes away some of the mystery surrounding them.

There is something to be said for those more shrouded in mystery like Arikel, Ventru (if you think it is not dead) and also Ravnos (depending of your stance on the week of nightmares) little is known about their goals, motives and what they were up to beyond ancient times and their clans have a propensity for disciplines that gives them great potential to influence thing subtly from afar.
                              All of which makes me want to know more about them, and gives STs great leeway to do with them as they want.

Comment

Working...
                              X