V5 Player's Guide ETA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithras304 View Post
    Have we had any further update on the ETA? Last I can find was it was coming around the same time as Fall of London. Pre-orders are out for that but nothing on the players guide? (I've probably missed an announcement or something somewhere!)
    I've emailed modiphius. They told me "before gencon". But it would not be here by March

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      I've emailed modiphius. They told me "before gencon". But it would not be here by March
      Fair enough, thank's for the update!

Comment

Do we have any idea what's in this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
          Do we have any idea what's in this yet?
          We don't have any specific content that can be discussed (no previews and those who did playtesting are under NDA), but we have been told by various devs:
          * Ways to change up the game and rules, with things to use with the core book, but not replace it
          * Discipline powers and Amalgams (not reprints from existing books)
          * Merits, Flaws and Backgrounds
          * Loresheets
          * Clan (which is one of the delay reasons, it originally went from 13 to possibly 12, the Ravnos are out according to one of the devs and the Tzimisce may be out if Modiphius can't fix the issues with it) including clans from other books (like Lasombra and Hecata). These will have the same metaplot stuff as the currently playable ones (so no Sabbat Lasombra) but won't be copy/pastes from those books

That's about all we've been told so far. So pretty much like any other Vampire player's guide book.

Comment

This is what we have. but we have also heard that they are walking back on having all 13 clans. So with no updates we are in the dark at this point.

https://www.modiphius.com/modiphius-...ooks-announced

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post

For the story telling need sure, but for the character need... Its always best to start with a firm rules foundation.

Sent you a PM with a homebrew writeup for V5 Ravnos and Chimerstry that I wrote for a V5 Dark Ages game I'm running. Hopefully it at least gives you something to work with.

I’m a writer. A storyteller. They’re my passions. They’re what I do. The stories I tell, they are my mythologies. Like the Norse tales of Odin, Thor, and Loki, or the Celtic fables of Lugh or Cú Chulainn, I want them to be the kind that people retell. They are the legacies I wish to leave behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Archasimos View Post

Sent you a PM with a homebrew writeup for V5 Ravnos and Chimerstry that I wrote for a V5 Dark Ages game I'm running. Hopefully it at least gives you something to work with.
                Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post

Thank you

It's pretty good stuff. Obf/Fort seems to be one of the common ones used, as I used it for my Ravnos homebrew as well.

Comment

Does anybody have any hint about this book's release ?

I can't wait to get it, but I don't get any new about this !

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyArty View Post

Modiphius actually has an office. The implications being they've shut down the production during coronavirus unlike OPP.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Modiphius actually has an office. The implications being they've shut down the production during coronavirus unlike OPP.
                        But making a game book is something one can work on at home, much like OPP. Wouldn't the delay come more from say the printing side because you can't exactly move a press into your garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

But making a game book is something one can work on at home, much like OPP. Wouldn't the delay come more from say the printing side because you can't exactly move a press into your garage.
                          Possibly but not everyone is also one hundred percent work at home, especially if they had their workspace at an office.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyArty View Post

There was a more recent email exchange from a fan and Modi, stating further delays due to COVID, and the person who emailed them was told 'before November'. We know it was delayed due to rewrites (which probably took longer than expected, especially with COVID).

Comment

Cool ! Thanks for your answers !
                              Due to the lack of informations, I personnally thought that it would be cancelled !
                              Speaking about that, anybody knows what kind of new content will we see in this book ? I heard we won't get Tzimisces and Ravnos, so what can we get in that ?

Comment

My money's on 34 pages that spell out "You want to play Sabbat? F--- you!" in 500-point all caps.

Comment

Working...
                                X