No announcement yet.

Handing v5 to modiphius was a mistake.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handing v5 to modiphius was a mistake.

All of Modiphiu's v5 books are late. They don't do previews. In their Fall of London stream,one of the writers forgot the rules of game.
    White wolf should keep doing it internally or handing it over to opp,only those two truly know the World of Darkness.
    Last edited by Acopiltaczet; 11-16-2019, 08:28 PM.

Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post
    All of Modiphiu's v5 books are late. They don't do previews. In their Fall of London stream,one of the writers forgot the rules of game.
    White wolf should keep doing it internally or handing it over to opp,only those two truly know the World of Darkness.
    Parawolf's in house development didn't let out any previews either? Things were delayed... as for OPP... yeah thing get delayed with OPP alot. The fall of London is their preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Parawolf's in house development didn't let out any previews either? Things were delayed... as for OPP... yeah thing get delayed with OPP alot. The fall of London is their preview.
      Ok good point.
      It's just,damn
      I'm worried about people who dont know the ip managing it

Comment

Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post

Ok good point.
        It's just,damn
        I'm worried about people who dont know the ip managing it
        “People who knew the IP” defended a rapist and published offensive enough content to get their company dissolved. I’m happy to see new blood.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

better delayed than rushed :/

and modiphius can't really do any worse than nWW at this point, nWW didn't exactly set the bar high

-

Comment

So what are 'all' and 'late' here actually based on, when Modiphius haven't actually released anything of their own yet, and the release date hasn't yet hit?

At last report, Modiphius said Fall of London and the Vampire Player's Guide would get advance PDFs by Christmas 2019, and full release by February 2020. These would be their first releases as licensees; the V5 core, Anarchs and Camarilla were done in-house by WW and released through Modiphius.
            Last edited by marin; 11-17-2019, 03:53 AM.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

atamajakki who defended a rapist?

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
                So what are 'all' and 'late' here actually based on, when Modiphius haven't actually released anything of their own yet, and the release date hasn't yet hit?

At last report, Modiphius said Fall of London and the Vampire Player's Guide would get advance PDFs by Christmas 2019, and full release by February 2020. These would be their first releases as licensees; the V5 core, Anarchs and Camarilla were done in-house by WW and released through Modiphius.

In the original announcement from Dec 20,2018 Modiphius communicated a much more optimistic timeline, Initially, they estimated a Summer 2019 release date for both the Player's Guide and the Fall of London Chronicle. The Starter Set was announced for Christmas 2019, and the Second Inquisition sourcebook for Summer 2020.

On July 9, 2019 Modiphius communicated an update telling us that the Player's Guide and the Fall of London Chronicle should be available as physical products in Feb 2020, and we would get advance PDFs before Christmas 2019.

Because of this update, people are probably talking about a delay.

Without wanting to be too unkind to Modiphius, they are very often late in the RPG department. I think the only games that were published on time have been Star Trek Adventures and V5 for Gen Con 2018, but V5 was not developed by Modiphius at that time. But in their defense, other companies are also regularly running late on schedule. The only exceptions seem to be WotC, Monte Cook Games, and Paizo. And even Paizo goofed up on some of the PF2 releases scheduled for GenCon this year.

If the advance PDF for the Player's Guide arrives around Christmas time, I'll be very satisfied. Really looking forward to the Tzimisce.
                Last edited by Murder-of-Crows; 11-17-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

I too would have liked a V5 developed by Onyxpath, but I doubt Modiphius could do more harm than White Wolf even if they tried deliberately.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

“People who knew the IP” defended a rapist and published offensive enough content to get their company dissolved. I’m happy to see new blood.
                    They didnt know he was that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
                      better delayed than rushed :/

and modiphius can't really do any worse than nWW at this point, nWW didn't exactly set the bar high
                      I liked ww books :/
                      Last edited by Acopiltaczet; 11-17-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

They changed the original release date. I hate when companies do that

Comment

Yknow what is the problem with making a mistake is? The Mistake is all everyone remembers. The three ww books are gorgeously illustrated, brilliantly written and are some of the best piece of vampire fiction published by anyone . Yet people are acting like the offensive stuff which was a accident was all there is to it. Its unfair
                          Last edited by Acopiltaczet; 11-17-2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Also it's not Parawolf. Not Nww. Not "new" white wolf. It's White Wolf. Those names are just an attempt to delegitimize the company and making them something they are not,they are White Wolf simple as that.

Comment

But what the hell. I think I'll stop complaining and I'll wait to see if modiphius' books are actually good. Until then,everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X