No announcement yet.

The Monday Meeting Notes thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Descendant of Xaviar Loresheet grants the power to turn into a half-bat at four dots. We also know he was around the Chicago area in Beckett's Jyhad Diary. Maybe a childe of his?

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

So the current theory on the WoD5 discord is that the secret project is Orpheus. One of the mods found what looks like a trademark application from august of this year by White Wolf for the word Orpheus.

It would make for some good video games and/or a TV show and the Orpheus Group is tied to the Second Inquisition.

Comment

This Friday they're going to be discussing the V5 metaplot. I'm hoping they'll discuss upcoming material for the Chicago Folio and Let the Streets Run Red as well as Cults of the Blood Gods.

Of the LET THE STREETS RUN RED:

* There's a Chicago Suburbs Chronicles
        * There's a Chronicle in Weird, Rural Illinois
        * There's a Indiana/Milwaukee Chronicle
        * There's a Gary Chronicle

In THE CHICAGO CHRONICLES:
        • The Camarilla Record
        • The Anarch Accounts
        • Independent and Mortal Perspectives
        • Heretical threats and Observations
        I'm especially excited about both the Anarch parts (as you know) as well as the Church of Caine.
        Last edited by CTPhipps; 11-19-2019, 04:05 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

https://www.twitch.tv/gehennagaming

New information on the books from the Gentleman Gamer!

* Alphonse Capone is still alive and avoiding the streets but pulling the strings from behind the scenes.
          * He'll be detailed in THE CHICAGO FOLIO.
          * Cults of the Blood Gods will have Ministry Thaumaturgy Rituals.
          * Matthew Dawkins is planning to bring as many BJD plotlines as he can to V5. The Drowned, House Carna, the Haqim in the Camarilla, and so on.
          * Lots of new Anarch characters will be in The Chicago Folio.
          * Matt Decker has disolved the Milwaukee Primogen and rules as dictator.
          * The town in the LTSRR in rural Illinois is the herd for the gods of the town's harvest.
          * The Gary Chronicle is a mystery adventure with a known NPC pulling the string.
          * Allicia, Evelyn, Modius, and Juggler will be making their return.
          Last edited by CTPhipps; 11-24-2019, 08:48 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

http://theonyxpath.com/my-mummy-done...meeting-notes/

Some notable bits:

* The Cults of the Blood Gods Kickstarter is next! I'm guessing December for its beginning.
            * The art for Cults of the Blood God has been received
            * The Chicago Folio's cover has just been received.
            * Let the Streets Run Red art notes are still being made
            * Let the Streets Run Red is still being edited.
            * So is Cults of the Blood Gods despite its art being done.
            * Matthew Dawkins' 3 hour Twitch interview was quite good (mentioned above)
            * They've sent CHICAGO BY NIGHT 5E out to its various fulfillment centers

Comment

Good and bad news folks,

It looks like CHICAGO BY NIGHT 5E isn't going to be making it this Christmas to its backers. There's just been a few too many slowdowns so it's probably not going to make it into the hands of backers until January. However, Onyx Path Publishing is a bunch of cool cats and they did send along the final version of Chicago by Night 5E in PDF form. They also sent along a sample of THE CHICAGO FOLIO which I think everyone will enjoy and I've already read. It appears to be the CAMARILLA section of the book or at least a good chunk of it and shows a bunch of interesting adventure hooks as well as some NPCs.

While I would have preferred my Anarch loving heart to receive some of the Anarch news, I will say that it's still pretty awesome. There's some really interesting NPCs in this one and some even better adventure hooks. Also, some of the first Blood Sorcery rituals.

Thanks to Matthew Dawkins The Gentleman Gamer for sharing such.

Comment

Do you mean CbN V5? Or some other book?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                  Do you mean CbN V5? Or some other book?
                  No, they gave a sample of the Chicago Folio!

Manuscript.

The Camarilla section.

Sort of an apology for not getting the Chicago V5 hardback out by Christmas.

Comment

Good news.

Sometimes, when a cannon character dies I feel sorry about not going to receive more information about him, specially if he or she is a well written heroe or villain (as Petrodon, Marcus Vitel or Lodin). Even in secondary roles as the Seraphs of the Black hand. And I smile when they come back from the death, reborn or fallen, but still alive. But, sometines, I find a satisfying sensation when a unfortunate written or unneeded (in my opinion) character dies, as it was Al Capone or Prias or half the New Orleans by Night casting. This "rebirth" is a common trope in this new Chicago, as storyteller is very tempting to bring back old idols, and I experience ambiguous feelings about so many characters returning from death, being Al Capone the last of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Justycar View Post
                      Good news.

Sometimes, when a cannon character dies I feel sorry about not going to receive more information about him, specially if he or she is a well written heroe or villain (as Petrodon, Marcus Vitel or Lodin). Even in secondary roles as the Seraphs of the Black hand. And I smile when they come back from the death, reborn or fallen, but still alive. But, sometines, I find a satisfying sensation when a unfortunate written or unneeded (in my opinion) character dies, as it was Al Capone or Prias or half the New Orleans by Night casting. This "rebirth" is a common trope in this new Chicago, as storyteller is very tempting to bring back old idols, and I experience ambiguous feelings about so many characters returning from death, being Al Capone the last of them.
                      Al Capone's Final Fate was a sales gimmick where he, Maxwell, and Eletria had their positions decided by fans willing to buy them. On my end, I've always felt Al Capone was a bit silly and never have used him but I also think that he's a character that could have been much more interesting had they addressed some of the issues head on rather than ducked away from them. After all, you could argue that Al's biggest advantage is that being a vampire would change his appearance from his mortal self and the man who left prison looked very different than the one in his heyday.

Or maybe that he's not inclined to be a mob boss after a century of life. Either way, I do think it's interesting the way the book portrays him that Kevin Jackson isn't actually nearly on the ball as he thinks he is as Prince which is good because he was a bit OP in V5.

I'm eager to see how the other characters are handled.

Comment

Capone is a walking masquerade breach. The embrace of Al Capone by Lodin was, probably, the most stupid decision that Lodin did in a long record. But Lodin was never a intelligent prince, he was a marionette and he embraced about ten children, without much study of his victims. Probably, the best could do the Capone reborn is to left Chicago and to change his name.

With no relation with the book, I like how it is portrayed in Broadwalk empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Justycar View Post
                          Capone is a walking masquerade breach. The embrace of Al Capone by Lodin was, probably, the most stupid decision that Lodin did in a long record. But Lodin was never a intelligent prince, he was a marionette and he embraced about ten children, without much study of his victims. Probably, the best could do the Capone reborn is to left Chicago and to change his name.

With no relation with the book, I like how it is portrayed in Broadwalk empire.
                          I dunno, how many people would recognize Al Capone age 48 on the street?

Comment

With only one person who recognices him you got a serious problem. Look at Maldavis and Du Sable.

Comment

http://theonyxpath.com/pax-mummy-pax...meeting-notes/

That is some great art.

Here's the updates for this week as far as I can tell:

* The next Kickstarter is going to be CULTS OF THE BLOOD GODS and if I were to guess, it'll probably be going up next week (or maybe the week after next) so that it is in mid-December and last til mid-January. This is just a guess on my part, though.

* The CHICAGO FOLIO is now in layout. Apparently, they've just received the cover and that completes all the art. I wouldn't be surprised if it's out by the end of December but that's just another guess on my part. I've been very wrong before.

* They have apparently gotten all of the art in for CULTS OF THE BLOOD GODS. I assume that this will mean a hastened approval process. It's still in editing, though, so it's not in layout yet.

* LET THE STREETS RUN RED doesn't have its art ready yet, which is a shame. They're sending out notes and corrections to artists for what I assume will be the final draft.

* CHICAGO BY NIGHT 5E has been sent to the Kickstarter Fulfillment Centers and is basically shipping out now with the POD/PDF versions soon to be available. I expect we'll see them in our hands early to mid-January.

* A 40+ page sample of THE CHICAGO FOLIO was sent out to backers. It was enjoyable and I hope that we'll see a similar one of LTSRR but that's completely speculation on my part.

Comment

I wonder why the brochure for 2020 didn't include LET THE STREETS RUN RED and THE CHICAGO FOLIO.

Comment

Working...
                                X