The Monday Meeting Notes thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    I wonder why the brochure for 2020 didn't include LET THE STREETS RUN RED and THE CHICAGO FOLIO.
    Seems like a weird oversight

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

Seems like a weird oversight
      The brochure is not a catalog, or listing of products, it’s a run-down of the many game worlds we create for.

Comment

Originally posted by RichT View Post

The brochure is not a catalog, or listing of products, it’s a run-down of the many game worlds we create for.
        Oh,my mistake then. Sorry.

Comment

The PAX Convention was apparently quite a lot of fun and as we see here, the manuscripts were available for both CULTS OF THE BLOOD GODS and THE CHICAGO FOLIO. One of the attendees posted some of this flip-through on Reddit that basically confirmed some facts we already suspected and indicate that the information about the Giovanni, Harbingers of Skulls, and Augustus Giovanni will be quite entertaining.

There's no update on the Kickstarter for CULT OF THE BLOOD GODS so that presumably means it's not going to happen this week. I'm pretty sure it'll happen before the end of December, possibly even next week, but that's just speculation on my part from reading various Tweets as well as texts.

Some more project updates:

* The Chicago by Night hardcopies has shipped out to distributors and the POD files are ordered. Pretty much I think we won't be receiving these until January given the holiday seasons but that's something we've already expected.
          * The Chicago Folio has gone to proofing. I'm going to just guestimate but I think the book will probably be ready in electronic form around January but that's only because The Chicago Folio and Let the Streets Run Red aren't in physical form but PDF. If you want a POD copy, you'll have to order it after it goes up.
          * I'm guessing, again, just speculation we might see Let the Streets Run Red in February but it could be March too.
          * Cults of the Blood Gods I foresee as arriving much earlier than Chicago by Night because they're already done with all of the art. I can't begin to guess when it'll be out, though.

Here's an impressive image of Anita Wainwright with her new haircut and color. I wonder if this means she identifies as bisexual (not that I think such matters much to vampires).

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

http://theonyxpath.com/chicago-folio...he-masquerade/

This is great, we've got a public sample of THE CHICAGO FOLIO adventure hooks that helps shows what we're going to find within the book. I'm really interested in the Black Roses and it kind of strikes me as the sort of thing the Ministry would be involved in or Toreador Antitribu.

I wonder if Helena would be involved.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Here's an impressive image of Anita Wainwright with her new haircut and color. I wonder if this means she identifies as bisexual (not that I think such matters much to vampires).
              I might be missing something here, but why would her haircut and colour mean she might identify as bisexual?

Matthew Dawkins
              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

I might be missing something here, but why would her haircut and colour mean she might identify as bisexual?
                At least around this area and I could well be wrong for others, the undercut sideways hair bob among women is generally associated with bisexuality. See with Kristen Stewart.

Last edited by CTPhipps; 12-11-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

At least around this area and I could well be wrong for others, the undercut sideways hair bob among women is generally associated with bisexuality. See with Kristen Stewart.

Consider me educated. I can't comment to Anita's sexuality, but it wasn't in mind when I wrote her art notes.

Matthew Dawkins
                  In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                    Consider me educated. I can't comment to Anita's sexuality, but it wasn't in mind when I wrote her art notes.
                    The art is spectacular so far. Can't wait for the final book.

I have a bunch of questions about what we might find inside but I guess I'll just have to wait.

Comment

http://theonyxpath.com/chicago-folio...he-masquerade/

This is great, we've got a public sample of THE CHICAGO FOLIO adventure hooks that helps shows what we're going to find within the book. I'm really interested in the Black Roses and it kind of strikes me as the sort of thing the Ministry would be involved in or Toreador Antitribu.

I wonder if Helena would be involved.
                      Helena may or may not be one of the organizers, but I am sure Thea is one of the guests.

Well, I was planning to have Thea tease a religious PC with old fashioned morals taking him to a party at The Painted Lady, plus some red herrings regarding an unknown diablerist that has attacked them. This looks much more than a tease and definitely more a shark than a herring though...

Comment

Originally posted by Strangelove View Post

Helena may or may not be one of the organizers, but I am sure Thea is one of the guests.

Well, I was planning to have Thea tease a religious PC with old fashioned morals taking him to a party at The Painted Lady, plus some red herrings regarding an unknown diablerist that has attacked them. This looks much more than a tease and definitely more a shark than a herring though...
                        It's a bit much but I admit I imported Ashwood Abbey into my games. A party of Pentex executives, demonic cultists, sex traffickers, murder tourists, and Revenants at the Not-Mar A Lago.

The PCs ended up dropping the dime to the werewolves and Mokole in the area.

About the one time that the Garou's particular brand of dealing with a problem worked in the Modern Age.
                        Last edited by CTPhipps; 12-11-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

It's a bit much but I admit I imported Ashwood Abbey into my games. A party of Pentex executives, demonic cultists, sex traffickers, murder tourists, and Revenants at the Not-Mar A Lago.

The PCs ended up dropping the dime to the werewolves and Mokole in the area.

About the one time that the Garou's particular brand of dealing with a problem worked in the Modern Age.

I didn't know about that organization and looks great to depict the "mortals can be evil too" concept.

In my case, I only find it big enough to treat with caution as part of another plot, even deserving a plot on itself. Imagine the PCs looking for a diablerist and finding a group that drinks up thin-bloods as appetizers!

Which makes me think about Bronwyn... would she deal with that kind of vessels?

Comment

Originally posted by Strangelove View Post

I didn't know about that organization and looks great to depict the "mortals can be evil too" concept.

In my case, I only find it big enough to treat with caution as part of another plot, even deserving a plot on itself. Imagine the PCs looking for a diablerist and finding a group that drinks up thin-bloods as appetizers!

Which makes me think about Bronwyn... would she deal with that kind of vessels?
                            I like the major transformation of Bronwyn in V5. Going from being the wronged romantic Gothic heroine to being the human trafficking psychopath (with social anxiety).

To answer your question, I'd say yes.

After all, Thin Bloods aren't "real" vampires.

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BF87LBEqV/

TUESDAY KICKSTARTER!

DUN DUN DUN!

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6BF87LBEqV/

TUESDAY KICKSTARTER!

DUN DUN DUN!
                                Still getting used to the way kickstarters do things: will the PDF will be available from day 1 of the kickstarter?

(god, I hope I haven't asked this before and look like an idiot for forgetting I did )

Comment

Working...
                                X