Quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes

When I Play or ST this game,I always the characters I become to have cool lines. And i love to read the lines from the famous NPC's too.
    So I thought I'd make a thread about lines from pcs or npcs that stuck with you

For me,one quote that really rocked my brain is from Alex Swift. Templar of the Sabbat.
    He said
    "See that city over there? You think the Camarilla owns every building. Me? They're just targets.”
    Such a badass line,and it shows the brutality of the Sabbat Templars,their mentality is kill or be killed,but when they organize,they become perhaps the greatest war machine of the cainite world

Comment

I tweeted them every now and then, here's one of my favorites:

"You speak of choice. What makes believe that the choice of independence is ever an option for one of us? None of us can ever choose independence. We do not make ourselves vampires, and we are never as strong as our sires. Gratiano boasts of his strength, but if he could do what the founder did, he would, and he does not. There is always a sire to direct us, and a sire beyond him, and so back to Caine. There is no 'destiny' for you to choose but what your masters allow for you"

- Montano to Lucita

Comment

Originally posted by Saga View Post
        I tweeted them every now and then, here's one of my favorites:

"You speak of choice. What makes believe that the choice of independence is ever an option for one of us? None of us can ever choose independence. We do not make ourselves vampires, and we are never as strong as our sires. Gratiano boasts of his strength, but if he could do what the founder did, he would, and he does not. There is always a sire to direct us, and a sire beyond him, and so back to Caine. There is no 'destiny' for you to choose but what your masters allow for you"

- Montano to Lucita
        I remember that! I sure hope Montano isn't right

Comment

My players are very quotable:

"I'm a woman from the turn of the century, dear. Being a vampire has been liberating in a way you could not begin to imagine." - Alyssa, Clan Malkavian

"Thin Bloods are our brothers and sisters in Caine. So, I try to protect them. Also, bluntly, the idea of destroying them to prevent Gehenna strikes me as so stupid as to exceed the Sabbat's idiocy."
          -Arthur, Priest of Caine, Clan Malkavian

"The Sabbat are basically vampire ISIS. They're religious fundamentalist terrorists."
          -Arthur, again, telling it like it is.

"Modius is probably the weakest Elder you'll ever meet, both mentally and physically. However, he's still an Elder and that means you're his bitch if he wants you to be."
          -Lance, Clan Brujah

"Vampires basically get laid and a shot of pure heroin every time they feed. We get to do it forever until we get killed violently. We can also be rich by taking whatever we want, surounded by our buddies eternally, and have no consequneces to our actions. If it wasn't for the fact that we're surrounded by assholes, life would be perfect."
          -An Anarch NPC

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damnable Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to Hell with me.”

From the back of the original rule book (my friend has a first edition copy). I can totally see the last Ahrimane saying this as a Blood Hunt is called against her.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
              My players are very quotable:

"I'm a woman from the turn of the century, dear. Being a vampire has been liberating in a way you could not begin to imagine." - Alyssa, Clan Malkavian

"Thin Bloods are our brothers and sisters in Caine. So, I try to protect them. Also, bluntly, the idea of destroying them to prevent Gehenna strikes me as so stupid as to exceed the Sabbat's idiocy."
              -Arthur, Priest of Caine, Clan Malkavian

"The Sabbat are basically vampire ISIS. They're religious fundamentalist terrorists."
              -Arthur, again, telling it like it is.

"Modius is probably the weakest Elder you'll ever meet, both mentally and physically. However, he's still an Elder and that means you're his bitch if he wants you to be."
              -Lance, Clan Brujah

"Vampires basically get laid and a shot of pure heroin every time they feed. We get to do it forever until we get killed violently. We can also be rich by taking whatever we want, surounded by our buddies eternally, and have no consequneces to our actions. If it wasn't for the fact that we're surrounded by assholes, life would be perfect."
              -An Anarch NPC
              I like those guys!

Comment

From our Transsylvania Chronicles/Lair of the Hidden/Red Sign/Gehenna Chronicle:

Tremere (the founder, not a random member of the clan): "Now this is the hard part. We will need 200 identical silver rings. Getting that in Mexico City in the time we have will not be easy."
                Eric von Drauben, ridiculously wealthy Toreador: "One second. *Uses cellphone* They'll be here tomorrow."

The rest of the coterie: "What happened to those of our enemies who were caught under the rubble when the castle collapsed?"
                Vlad Gorguhny, Tzimisce Koldun with Way of Fire: "As it turns out, going to sleep in lava is a bad idea."

Sarrasine, devout Setite, after telling some of his followers to use magic to enter the Egyptian afterlife, receives a phone call: *Muffled* "No, my Lord Sutekh, you speak into this part"

Sarrasine, speaking to Lord Wargrave, Ventrue warlord: "Would you please tell your soldiers to STOP SHOOTING AT MY GOD!"

Lord Wargrave: "Let me get this straight, you kidnapped, experimented upon, and killed one of my childer, just for some strange occult experiement!?!
                Rutor, asshole Tremere: "No, also because it was fun."

Eric von Drauben: "You're Lucifer, right?"
                Lucifer: "Yes."
                Eric von Drauben: "I was wondering when you were going to show up. Want to make a deal?"

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Originally posted by Jackob View Post
                  From our Transsylvania Chronicles/Lair of the Hidden/Red Sign/Gehenna Chronicle:

Tremere (the founder, not a random member of the clan): "Now this is the hard part. We will need 200 identical silver rings. Getting that in Mexico City in the time we have will not be easy."
                  Eric von Drauben, ridiculously wealthy Toreador: "One second. *Uses cellphone* They'll be here tomorrow."

The rest of the coterie: "What happened to those of our enemies who were caught under the rubble when the castle collapsed?"
                  Vlad Gorguhny, Tzimisce Koldun with Way of Fire: "As it turns out, going to sleep in lava is a bad idea."

Sarrasine, devout Setite, after telling some of his followers to use magic to enter the Egyptian afterlife, receives a phone call: *Muffled* "No, my Lord Sutekh, you speak into this part"

Sarrasine, speaking to Lord Wargrave, Ventrue warlord: "Would you please tell your soldiers to STOP SHOOTING AT MY GOD!"

Lord Wargrave: "Let me get this straight, you kidnapped, experimented upon, and killed one of my childer, just for some strange occult experiement!?!

Eric von Drauben: "I was wondering when you were going to show up. Want to make a deal?"
                  Perfect! Just perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                    “No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damnable Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to Hell with me.”

From the back of the original rule book (my friend has a first edition copy). I can totally see the last Ahrimane saying this as a Blood Hunt is called against her.
                    that really set the themes for the game

Comment

"Ever wonder WHY the Second Inquisition haven't revealed the truth to the public? Ever think on that? I mean, there has to be one Edward Snowden or Chelsea Manning among them that wants to go, we're hunting vampires, fool! The Big Cheeto in Chief would love to dress up in a Van Helsing costume and carry a wooden stake around--assuming he doesn't want to be undead himself. I'll tell you why -- it's Gehenna. It's the classic shell game of the Antediluvians. The last time they were up and at em was the Dark Ages and that's when the First Inquisition happened. Saulot, Cappadocias, Lasombra, Tzimice, Tremere, all of them. They don't feed on blood like we do. They feed on death. They have all of these Inquisitors going on, burning and staking our kind so they can live off the bloodshed as well as misery. The same thing is happening with the Gehenna Crusade and Beckoning. They don't need to sink their fangs into any of us, just watch us destroy ourselves and get killed by the Hunters. Then when all of this is over, they'll just Dominate all of the world to forget we exist or ignore it. That's the real power of the Founders. Seven billion or seven hundred, they can make all the humans do what they want. We never stood a chance."
                      -Lucky Seven, Thin Blooded Seer

The thing is, the above isn't necessarily TRUE but it's always good to stoke the paranoia of the PCs.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

"Ever wonder WHY the Second Inquisition haven't revealed the truth to the public? Ever think on that? I mean, there has to be one Edward Snowden or Chelsea Manning among them that wants to go, we're hunting vampires, fool! The Big Cheeto in Chief would love to dress up in a Van Helsing costume and carry a wooden stake around--assuming he doesn't want to be undead himself. I'll tell you why -- it's Gehenna. It's the classic shell game of the Antediluvians. The last time they were up and at em was the Dark Ages and that's when the First Inquisition happened. Saulot, Cappadocias, Lasombra, Tzimice, Tremere, all of them. They don't feed on blood like we do. They feed on death. They have all of these Inquisitors going on, burning and staking our kind so they can live off the bloodshed as well as misery. The same thing is happening with the Gehenna Crusade and Beckoning. They don't need to sink their fangs into any of us, just watch us destroy ourselves and get killed by the Hunters. Then when all of this is over, they'll just Dominate all of the world to forget we exist or ignore it. That's the real power of the Founders. Seven billion or seven hundred, they can make all the humans do what they want. We never stood a chance."
                        -Lucky Seven, Thin Blooded Seer

The thing is, the above isn't necessarily TRUE but it's always good to stoke the paranoia of the PCs.
                        does any of the pcs believe the 13 Antedilluvians are real?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                          does any of the pcs believe the 13 Antedilluvians are real?
                          Arthur is a priest of Caine so yes.

Everyone else takes a more reserved view but to use ANOTHER quote of one of the PCs.

"The difference between an old as shit vampire from the Stone Age and a Biblical monster is academic since both are hungry ass gods with a taste for their descendants. In fact, it's worse if science is right because that means we might find a Pre-Ventrue homo erectus that's a million years old and can move the moon when it pisses him off."
                          -Alyssa, Malkavian

Comment

Arthur is a priest of Caine so yes.

Everyone else takes a more reserved view but to use ANOTHER quote of one of the PCs.

"The difference between an old as shit vampire from the Stone Age and a Biblical monster is academic since both are hungry ass gods with a taste for their descendants. In fact, it's worse if science is right because that means we might find a Pre-Ventrue homo erectus that's a million years old and can move the moon when it pisses him off."
                            -Alyssa, Malkavian
                            for my money,the npc who best epitomizes the power of an antedilluvian is Kemintiri. According to the Revised Clanbook of the Followers of Set,the battle between set and horus broke her mind. And now ,millenia after she can't recall her original personality. Kemintiri herself can take down anything the other vampires can throw at her,yet Set makes her quake.
                            To me,that means that it doesn't actually matter if Set is a vampire,a god, a God-Vampire or something completely different,what matters is that He has power beyond belief. Antedilluvian or a God? Does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackob View Post

LMAO!!!

- Saga

Comment

Working...
                              X